Which old school Nintendo console holds the most childhood memories?

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date
When it comes to handheld, definitely my Gameboy Advance SP. It's the frontlit model (AGS-001), but who cares ? It was a significant jump switching from the yellow GameBoy Color my sisters and I had to share to this one. Now, it holds so much memories because of all those good GameBoy Color games I used to play back then (Donkey Kong Land, Pokémon Silver), but, the GBA games themselves also are a vast part of my childhood memories (thanks to games like Pokémon Leaf Green, Spyro Fusion (it's Spyro Orange for you US players), the first Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, and much more...)

As for the home console, definitely the GameCube. So many hours spent on Pokémon XD (which I annoyed my parents to no end to get, only to have my sister get it for me for my birthday), Mario Kart: Double Dash, and more than all: so much fun I had on Super Smash Bros. Melee. And while I'm at it, it's also on this console that I played Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, since the console was an occasion one, and it came with Mario Kart, and inside the box was the additional Zelda Disk.

So, overall, the Generation 6 era (GBA:SP, GameCube, PS2... You get it) is definitely the one that holds many memories for me.

My gamecube. It was the first Time i played to a video game so it hold all my memories

The Nintendo DS holds the most memories for me. Playing Diamond/Platinum, Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros, and more were so much fun when I was younger. I don't have all of the games I used to have back then, but I still have the Pokemon games for DS (Diamond/Platinum/HeartGold/Black/White 2). I still have my DS but it's on it's way out and I let it rest in piece because I use my 3DS for DS games anyways.

For my childhood it'd be the Nintendo 64 for sure. I did have a Gameboy and GB Color, but I didn't really play much besides Pokemon Yellow on it. I can remember sitting in my room on my beanbag chair playing Super Mario 64, Mario Party games, Pokemon Snap, and Yoshi's story. I also had a Star Wars game, but I'm not into SW that much(hate shields at maximum). I did play it, I got the basic concept, it was fun.

Reactions: Blue Knight
N64. There's no question. During by young childhood, probably around 5-8 somewhere around there, My friend gave me an N64. It had some great games on it to many of which I still play, star fox 64, legend of zelda ocarina of time and majara's mask (my 1st and 2nd favorite zelda games), Mario kart 64, Pokemon Stadium 2 and super Mario 64 which were the big ones. I also got two other games for the system afterwards, dk64 and banjo kazooie. Those two games are by far my favorite 3d platformers of that I have played.( I haven't even beaten dk64 and banjo kazooie yet. However I just picked back up dk64 and plan to beat that and then finish banjo kazooie afterwards.) The word decisions are excellent. They are the most unique and awesome worlds ever, accompanied by the most unique and awesome music with each world. This system is also special because my cousin also had one at my grandmother's house so when I would go over there I would play on that a lot. The only major games that I played there was new was Super Smash bros, and Mario tennis. (I also played kirby 64 the crystal shards but I had no idea what I was doing). Anyway that is pretty much why the N64 is my favorite old counsel. I grew up with it and even replaying the games today the games are still amazing and are on my list for top games of all time.

Oh shoot I also forget to mention Pokemon Snap. I love that game. DAMN IT NINTENDO WHERE'S MY SEQUEL!

Back