Which old school Nintendo console holds the most childhood memories?

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date
I'll always point staright to the DS when this topic comes along.Truth be told,I had 3 of these during my history with the system,and the first two broke for reasons I rather not talk about now. :panda:
My third one,a black DS Lite,still works,thankfully.That console holds so many precious moment of my childhood game experiences,from the unique fun of each Mario game,the fast-paced platforming of Sonic,the unravel of mysterious events of Professor Layton,the excitement of progressing further with my team in Pokemon,and so much more.Because it has a lot of amazing experiences old and new,this is also my favorite videogame console.I always feel sort of old when I look back at those games. :p

DS Lite. I am not very old...

Hmm...I would have to say the original GameBoy and the SNES. I basically wore out the screen on my GameBoy playing Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow and Tetris Attack. The SNES I have fond memories of playing Yoshi's Island and Super Star Wars with my brothers. Good times. :)

The nintendo DS definatly gives me the biggest nostalga factor, because I grew up with The legend of zelda phantom hourglass, spirit tracks, kirby superstar ultra, Profesor Layton, Phoenix Wright, and so many more. Not to mention I bought some old GBA games on amazon and played those too, and i was so happy. Not to mention I'm not done buying games for the ds yet, as i still need advance wars: dual strike + Days of ruin, along with 999, 9 hours 9 doors 9 peoples. Can't wait for allowence! Yippie ky yay!

I have 3 lol.

1st and probably my most favorite is the Nintendo 64. This was my first console that I have played and the experience was great, that console had so many amazing games like Pokemon stadium 1/2, Orcania of time and let's not forget the first ever smash bros.!

2nd is the Nintendo Gamecube, My first Pokemon game I've played was Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness for the gamecube when I got the Pokemon XD gamecube console bundle as a gift. So I immediately bought Pokemon colosseum and melee when they were released / when I got the console.

3rd is the game boy advanced, I loved playing yellow on this handheld and the getting leaf green and transferring my Pokemon to gale of darkness or colosseum as soon as I beat the game and would do it over and over again.

I might just buy them again lol!

For me, my best childhood console was the N64. I got it with the Zelda Ocarina of Time and Mario 64.
Ahh, those nice old days when I came home from school, took a shower and went straight to the N64. I played it everyday except when we were going outside and I cherished every moment with my friends. Goldeneye 007, Mario Kart 64.
I would love to know your childhood console that holds the best memories.
GameBoy Advance (almost everygame was GameBoy and GameBoy Color, but still) for sure! I remember playing a fake Pokemon Silver game with not - working save, and it was so nostalgic!!

Gameboy Advance SP for me. Mainly Mario Advance 4 and Kirby and the amazing Mirror were the most nostalgic of my childhood memories. I've beaten both games so many times and never became bored of 'em. Such simple days, those were. :p

...the...wii? I guess? I don't have many childhood gaming memories, and I didn't have a console. I had soe family and friends with a wii though. I remember one particular game where you play a chicken. You have to stand on the balance board and flap your arms like mad. Very funny to watch but also fun to play. :p

Game boy color. The game boy color was the console that I played the most when I was young. I also spent a lot of time using it on road trips before I got my 3ds :).

My GCN holds the most memories. I remember as a kid I'd play Mario Golf Toadstool Tour, Mario Superstar Baseball, Melee (me and my cousin would play Mario/Dr. Mario), and Mario Kart Double Dash with my brother and cousin that would come over to my house. Typically I was the worst of us but I've gotten a lot better at Melee since then. I also loved playing Pokemon Colosseum and Mario Strikers.

The N64 for me <3

It introduced me to the Zelda series (and videogames in general lol)

I have Zelda OoT, Zelda MM, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye 007, Donkey Kong 64 and I played Kirby 64 and Super Smash Bros. \o/ so many gems of videogames

My GameBoy Colooor <3 luv it it was the kiwi colored one, i ussed to play kirby tilt and tumble (my first game), TLOZ Link's Awakening DX (<-- Awesome game) and many others like mario bros deluxe, shantae (yep i had shantae it actually was my sister's tho, then we lost it ;-;) and donkey kong land i had a great time until the DS came and i couldnt stop playing it xD

Game boy advance does. I played that counsel till it broke. I dont even remember what game I would play on it but i know i spent many hours sitting there playing on. Those old consoles were great I wish they would do a little anniversary spoof of some of them. Like reintroducing the old counsel and selling them in the stores. I know I would buy one.

The Nintendo DS Lite,it was my first console ever,and it still works to this day.I remember having it with me everyday..

I'd have to say GBC. Even though it wasn't my first or favourite console, it's the one I spent most of my childhood playing on.
I wish I knew how many hours I've spent grinding levels in Pokemon GSC or solving puzzles in LoZ: OoA/OoS. I used to play through both the standard and password linked games and top it off with the victory game mode, ON BOTH GAMES, for a total of six 100% game files :dead:

I first had a N64, around the age of 3, my first game for it was Goldeneye64, I did not get past the dam until my 4th birthday party when my 15 year old cousin (15 at the time he's like 28 now) just ran through the thing like it was nothing and once he was in the facility he passed the controller back to me, then I got stuck in the toilet.

Definitely N64. I loved playing Zelda, Goldeneye 007, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart, Starcraft etc with family and friends.

Reactions: Blue Knight
Id say that the Super Nintendo Entertainment System is the console with he most childhood memories because the the vast library of amazing games like Super Metroid, Super Mario World and The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past were the games I played with my friends and family growing up and you can't beat the memories with your friends and family like beating a level in Super Mario World and have your friends and mom watching as you beat the level with Yoshi. Those are some great memories. Rock on!

I got into gaming after the era of the N64 ended, and picked up with the Gamecube. I remember spending huge amounts of time on Pikmin, Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin 2, Fire Emblem, Wind Waker, Star Fox.

I remember once being so bad at Pikmin that they all went extinct, and I panicked and cried, then once the Onion sprouted more Pikmin I was so relieved, then I went on and... still lost the game horribly, and became one with the Hive Mind that is Pikmin. I also remember it being my first game to truly 100%, then being followed by Wind Waker.

Also, Pokemon Colosseum. I spent so much time on that game. When it's sequel came out, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, I spent way more time. I have no idea why but I caught so many repeat wild Pokemon. I had an entire PC box full of Aron just because it was my favorite wild Pokemon in the game, which I used as bragging rights whilst my friends looked at me like I was crazy for spending that much time on it. Then I beat all the postgame stuff, but still played just to max out my Pokemon for no actual reason. :D

For me, the Nintendo DS Lite holds the most childhood memories! It was plenty of firsts for me!
It was my first video game device, and it it had my first Mario, Sonic, and Pokemon games!
I spent so many hours playing it, and I knew what was on my Christmas list when the DSi and 3DS were announced!

Back