Which starter in Pokemon X/Y - Chespin, Fennekin or Froakie

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date

Which Pokemon will you choose as your starter?

• Chespin

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 27 50.9%

• Total voters
I'm choosing Fennekin because I want to get Zapdos later in the game. With that said though Froakie is my favorite starter out of the three and I can't wait to abuse Protean Greninja :p

I chose Chespin, he's so awesome!! Sure his second evolution is weird but the final is some beast juggernaut. His fighting-grass moves are good, but it's completely vulnerable to flying. But he's good either way.

I chose Chespin, he's so awesome!! Sure his second evolution is weird but the final is some beast juggernaut. His fighting-grass moves are good, but it's completely vulnerable to flying. But he's good either way.
imo he's a not-as-good Breloom. I mean, if he had Technician it'd be a different story, but yeah. Bulletproof isn't as useful imo. Although, props to Chesnaught for having Spiky Shield as an available move (better version of protect).

Chespin. It evolved Into chestnut, a total tank in online competitive battling. The other reason, is because depending on the starter you choose, you can catch a different legendary bird. Chesnaut gets you articuno, which in my opinion is the best bird of the three.

I would have to select Froakie. Froakie is basically a frog ninja and I really like ninjas. In competitive battling, Greninja is a beast once u can play him right with the right moveset and item to. With life orb, he becomes a pretty heavy hitter. His speed stat is also very rediculously high. Only a few Pokemon without choice scarf can out speed him. Not to mention, he has Protean which makes him even more over-powered as he can change typing to the move he uses. Users would have a great advantage when using him. Sadly, he has been switched to uber tiers so you cannot really use him that often anymore.

I chose Fennekin. I wasn't exactly sure which one to pick, and I hadn't really chosen any fire starters in the other games, so I picked Fennekin. Now, I'm very happy with my Delphox, so I'm glad I picked Fennekin. But, in a replay, if I choose to do so, I may pick Froakie.

I chose froakie when i played pokemon y two times and i picked him two times in pokemon x but later in the game i stopped using him because the game had better pokemon to offer so i just took him off the team,now he's just lying in my pc box doing nothing.

My favorite starter would have to be Chespin even though he has terrible evolution style. (S)(H)e is a strong pokemon but his second evolution was kind of funny looking. This one was the most irritating pokemon but I found that I loved this pokemon the most for some reason.

I had at first had myself debating between fennekin and chespin at first . they looked very cute and very strong . but now I would choose over froakie because he evloves into an awesome greninja and he looks very cool . I would still choose fennekin but froakie is really awesome . Overall I think that this is the first time I really liked ALL of the starters in this generation though I havent got the game as of yet .

Also Greninja is in SSB4 :)

When I first saw their first forms, I initially liked Chespin the best, didn't really like Fennekin that much and Froakie was my second choice. After seeing their final forms, Greninja was definitely my favourite, Chesnaught looked alright not intimidating enough for me - Greninja on the other hand looked like such a beast, it was intimidating in it's own way and I decided that I would choose Froakie on my first playthrough. I chose Chespin on my second playthrough though, since I couldn't just leave it out.

I chose Fennekin as my starter in Pokemon X because I thought it was adorable. I also really liked Chespin, but I knew I was going to nab Bulbasuar down the line so I didn't want to pick two grass-types in a row. I didn't hate Froakie, but he was definitely not my first choice. I am glad with my choice though, as I really loved my Fennekin and I thought the evolutions were pretty neat! ^o^

Woah, This is a really old post xD lol, I chose Fennekin, My mind still stuck swith Fennekin. He/She is really BA, Plus it's a Fire/Physic, How cool is that?

I chose Froakie because Greninja is awesome \o/

I didn't like the idea of Chespin because of its design. Can we have a majestic grass type? XD I also didn't choose fennekin because I thought Delphox was uuugly :p
(Sorry delphox) I loved greninja ' design and the whole tongue scarf idea. ^^

Froakie because he he is a cool Pokemon. he is blue and blue is my favorite color. He also evolves in greeninja an awesome ninja Pokemon that is cool to battle with. Froakie is also a cool blue frog.

Either one but Chespin. Greninja and Delphox are both really insanely, ridiculously fast. Delphox is UUp special attack, and Greninja's attack and special attack are about the same. Chespin (or Chestnaught) is really slow, and pretty bulk. However, it has a buuuunch of weaknesses. And again, he's just sloo0w.

I chose Chespin because he's chespin, nuff' said

I haven't played Pokemon X/Y yet but I feel like I'm posting this to late >.<

I would have choosen either Froakie or Chespin because of Spiky Shied and GReninja is really goodeven without Protean. IF I didn't know about that, I would have chosen Froakie because of water types :) Delpox looks really weird though..

In X, i chose froakie because of greninja. I usually take fire type but, this time's fire type was kinda weird... In Y (when I get the game) I will choose fennekin because fire matches with the red Y logo and I wanted zapdos.

Come to think of it, water matches with the blue X logo :p

I got Froakie because when I checked out the X and Y website I figured that Greninja looks the most awesome. No regrets, he got me through battles with ease and while Froakie is the ugliest of the fist evolutions after that it only gets better. (While Chespin gets much, much worse and then better and Fennekin goes a bit worse and then a bit worse again.)

I chose chespin but later on in the game i realized my mistake. Im now constantely training my chespin as now its the weakest pokemon in my party. I am also training my froakie i recieved through trade to greninja as he is just awesome!!!

Back