Which starter in Pokemon X/Y - Chespin, Fennekin or Froakie

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date

Which Pokemon will you choose as your starter?

• Chespin

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 27 50.9%

• Total voters
my favorite would be chespin because he looks super awesome and when he evolve he get cooler by each evolution. But I dont like the last evolution because it looks very serious and angry.

I went with fenniken because I take fire types. And really liked its typing, When I was battling a Delphox I used a water type attack, But only quarter of its HP was gone and it Psyshocked me to death.

Reactions: Evelyn
I'd take Chespin because I normally take grass types as a starter.Also I like how it's a cute little chipmunk with a green hat sorta thing(I don't know if it's a hat or part of its body)And Chesnaught is quite strong.Quilladin is adoreable because it's chubby and I feel like squishing it :D.

I chose Fennekin!!! I really like its design over the others. Chespin and its evolutions look kinda fat and clunky. Froakie didn't really appeal to me either. So I ended up choosing fennekin. I really like fire types and I liked it magician type design.

My heart change when seeing cute shiny cleffa evolving into clefairy... Anyways I choose froakie. He is a water type and a ninja. His evolution is normal with one of the best HA of all starter pkm. Well, I did not know about his protean ability at the start for the reason that Pokemon y was my first Pokemon game. I choose him basically cause his smart cool looks and is a water type that's all. But now ?I like froakie a lot, the other two I think have strange evolution. I wish that Delphox did not grow hair out of her/his ears, but fennikin was cool. Chespin too.

I chose Fennekin!
Reason being I liked its design more than the rest(even though I absolutely adore them too!) and I mostly have gone for the fire types. Also, I really like foxes and the fact that Fennekin was both a fox and a fire type made me choose it straight away, no second thoughts xD

I think you need to choose Froakie. His evolution is a ninja, what's not good about that? Greninja's shiny is cool than almost any shiny, and it can learn moves from almost all of the types.

Recently. I bought Y, and chose froakie. Luckily it had the nature I wanted. *How lucky* But, of course, it wasn't the best for competitive use, so I just asked @Vii to breed a better one. It's in my PC, along with my other non-used-captured Pokémon, which are few. (Lapras, Heracross, Stunfisk, etc.) And question, are we allowed to type in different languages? For fun, of course. (Because if so, 안영)

Recently. I bought Y, and chose froakie. Luckily it had the nature I wanted. *How lucky* But, of course, it wasn't the best for competitive use, so I just asked @Vii to breed a better one. It's in my PC, along with my other non-used-captured Pokémon, which are few. (Lapras, Heracross, Stunfisk, etc.) And question, are we allowed to type in different languages? For fun, of course. (Because if so, 안영)
annyeonghaseyo!

I don't have this game but I would definitely stick with Froakie, because Greninja is one of the best starter pokemons EVER, for me a top 5 starter pokemon, and I just think the other 2 are so, so, SO BAD!

With Fennekin it starts of good, then it evolves in an also awesome pokemon but then it went so horribly wrong... Delphox is really ugly ( What are those flaps on his head?! Wings or something?!!! ) and he is literally as bad as the pokemon Black and White starter pokemons. Chespin looks pretty fun but then it already goes wrong. That Quilladin is just a fat and ugly pokemon and that last thing... This game is NOT Yu-Gi-Oh! Who made this pokemon, should be fired... Chesnaught is just the worst grass pokemon design ever.

Venusaur = Awesome, one of the best grass pokemons ever.
Meganium = Decent.
Sceptile = Pretty cool, not as good as Venusaur but better than Meganium.
Torterra = Really cool, it was awesome to play against my friend who had an awesome Torterra while I had my boring Empoleon but my way cooler Wailord.
Serperior = Pretty cool designed, not good in game but he is good designed
Chesnaught = Just the worst. Why is this pokemon a starter... So bad designed!

I started with chespin because chesnaught looked really strong but then a few months later when I had learned better, I got froakie and now my 6IV shiny Greninja shall destroy everything in its path.

I started with chespin because chesnaught looked really strong but then a few months later when I had learned better, I got froakie and now my 6IV shiny Greninja shall destroy everything in its path.
Yeah, Greninja destroys everyone!

Reactions: Big Yoshi
I like fire types and I always pick them (with the exception of White). Fennekin was my choice but it's all in preference. And I was pleased with Finns strength and power, not to mention the evolution stages looked nice.

I've already made my decision before. In X, I picked Froakie. In Y, my starter was Chespin.

Back