Gen 6 Who is your ORAS starter?

• Thread starter MMMs
  • Start date
I had originally gone with Mudkip in AS. But the pokemon looked so creepy for these games that I went with Treecko. Plus when I played the demo, Sceptile had the best Mega out of the 3. It was also the starter I went with when I played the original games.

I did a crazy thing with OR ... I let my girlfriend pick my starter ... She picked Mudkip (because it was the cutest) and I'm actually glad because in Ruby I picked Torchic and Sapphire I picked Treecko so it was a nice change. Plus, Swampert looks the best (IMO) and doesn't have some weird warted Mega Evolution like Sceptile.

I let her do the same post game for the Gen II starter ... She picked Chikorita ...

Torchic, Torchic was my partner in Emerald so it makes sense. Plus I can think of a team more easily if I choose torchic because there arn't that many fire types in gen 3 which I like

Reactions: Ninja-Patty
I chose Treecko since I thought he would be more necessary for the game. Reset in the beginning for a Modest nature.

I have speed boost Torchic and a Mudkip on my X game so since I got pokebank I was just going to transfer them over, didn't have a Treecko though. I love Treecko, my brother even named our cat after him ahaha. He's gray but gives this grayish green tint aura apparently. Seems like a random name but once he grew up he just chills under or on top of trees so I guess it's fitting xP
Torchic is special to me as well. As a kid I loved all of May's pokemon from the anime, especially Torchic. Had plushies and figures back then. I go by a username torchica on other sites so it kind of just stuck.
Mudkip (and evolution) I use the most in competitive battling. Really useful typing with only grass weakness and the mega is pretty good too.

Mudkip :cat:

I always picked Treecko and torchic in Ruby and Saphhire and Emerald. Sine His mega is a dragon type, and I love DRAGON types!!!!! I thought I would pick him. He also balanced out my team.:);):p:D
treecko_evo_by_marioshi64-d6ap1st.gif

I got torchic, as always i choose the fire type pokemon

I picked Torchic because I always picked Water type Pokemon and my friend always picked Grass type Pokemon, so we decided we would pick the Fire type since we never picked it before+ the new mega evolution which is the best!!!

I will pick torchic when I get Omega Ruby. I really love blaziken!!! It is my favourite starter after charizard. I don't liker Mega Blaziken very much but I like the normal one. Actually I don't need to worry I will get all 3 anyway.

I love mudkip and treecko but as always treecko is and will be my favorite starter so i picked him. Also treecko mega evolution is, in my opinion, much better than the other ones!

It was a toss up between Treecko and Torchic when I chose mine. I ended up with Blaziken, it being my first ever starter. :cat:

Reactions: Ninja-Patty
my favorite starter is mudkip becausse he looks buff when he mega evolves

My starter for the original games was torchic. He did me well, though I wanted to try something different for ORAS. I selected mudkip, and I'm glad I did.

Swampert's water/ground typing is a blessing against those electric nuances. Much like Achilles, he has only one weakness – his 4x vulnerability to grass-type moves. This, however, can be combatted through adding a pokemon that is resistant to grass-type moves to your team. I would suggest a fire-type pokemon (or one that knows fire-type moves), as they are not only resistant to grass-type moves, but are also super-effective against grass-type pokemon.

My starter for the original games was torchic. He did me well, though I wanted to try something different for ORAS. I selected mudkip, and I'm glad I did.

Swampert's water/ground typing is a blessing against those electric nuances. Much like Achilles, he has only one weakness – his 4x vulnerability to grass-type moves. This, however, can be combatted through adding a pokemon that is resistant to grass-type moves to your team. I would suggest a fire-type pokemon (or one that knows fire-type moves), as they are not only resistant to grass-type moves, but are also super-effective against grass-type pokemon.
that is very nice lexi i only have the game boy advanced ruby version sofar so that is why i said mudkip but i have seen on twitch.tv some people playing ORAS and a mega swampert kicking pokemon to death

Reactions: Lexi.D
I think Blaziken is the only one with a decent mega evolution, but I've gotten tired blaziken from all the hype at him back in the days. Als, I choose him at Ruby, and Mudkip on Emerald, so this time I picked Treeko, and he turned out just fine. I never use him though, he's not that good.

Torchic all the way. I looooove fire-types, and any pokemon who's fire/fighting along the line wins my heart 99% of the time. Plus, Blaziken and Mega Blaziken look really cool in my opinion.

To be truthful, the only times I didn't pick a fire-type as my starter were my first runs of Platinum (Piplup) and SoulSilver (Chikorita).

I picked Treecko just because I've never used one and I like it's design. Sceptile is the only stage 2 starter from RSE that isn't atrocious imo.

I had a tough choice between treecko and torchic. I chose Torchic in the end since he was my very first pokemon from Emerald I remember the day when I told my uncle I want torchic it's cute please? Then he picked that one for me and then I was asked to give him a nickname I named torchic chick as he looks like one :p it evolve to combusken in which it wasn't pretty bad more of a older version of torchic. But when it evolve to blaziken I was so freaked out! It changed so much and was tough looking and a bit creepy as I thought as a child. It took a while for me to get use to it. I even plan to release it from my team as I thought it dislike me or something. But I made the right choice to leave it. It was my toughest pkmn and I failed to catch Rayquaza. To beat elite 4. I managed to won them but not champ Wallace as he was a water type master. So I didn't beat the game until I was 10 years old. Sceptile was a long story. In my old school in Virginia after I moved from my hometown, They offer free books so I ran to look for some pokemon books. There was 3 based on pkmn battle frontier I pick Grovyle's troubles based on the episode Odd pokemon Out. Orginally I wanted a book with blaziken in it there wasn't any. And I read the book and discover Grovyle evolved to sceptile. I research about sceptile and it's evolutions. And soon discover he was the pokemon that is treecko final form. So I watch the anime of odd pokemon out and I liked sceptile. Decided to watch more episodes with him and I grew to love him as a fave along with blaziken. Pikachu is a pokemon I loved as a child I often stole my uncles plush pika from him to sleep with the ador able thing. Greninja is my fave for having a cute/cool personality like me :cat: I loved mega sceptile so much for being dragon type. Mega blaziken for being stronger and faster . I just adore greninja tougue for a odd reason cuz it's so sentative in Amie and it makes him cute :3

i love mudkip so much i picked him or her because he has always been my fav.
As the title says, who is your Pokemon ORAS starter? Did the Mega Evolution influence you to get that starter? Is it because its your favorite type/kind? lol

As for me, I got Treecko because I got him since the Sapphire version lol I even named my Treecko Yoshi since its my Treecko's name 10 years ago...

Treecko because it was also my starter in original Ruby/Sapphire and Treecko's mega evolution just seemed cool and powerful

Back