who's going to be your fav character in the new SSB4?

• Thread starter Trainer Red
  • Start date
Oh welp, i never knew that.
i am new to ssb stuff and this game might be the first SSB game i will ever buy, so excuuse me for the dull question, but how do you know their abilities and what type they are?

Well, if you had played the other Smash Bros. game, you can approximatively tell their abilities only by looking at them. And characters who are overpowered are generally not good when they are off the ground.
As for the 'Bulky-type', it's just that I class the characters by their characteristics.

Reactions: BumpyCarz
Oh welp, i never knew that.
i am new to ssb stuff and this game might be the first SSB game i will ever buy, so excuuse me for the dull question, but how do you know their abilities and what type they are?
But, some Bulky Type players are really nice to play with, they dash out damage, but has a really bad way of recovering, I'm unable to play with a Bulky character, but if you're well at them continue, a lot of people gave Zelda hate on Smash boards, but I played online with her well. It's your preference :)

Reactions: BumpyCarz
But, some Bulky Type players are really nice to play with, they dash out damage, but has a really bad way of recovering, I'm unable to play with a Bulky character, but if you're well at them continue, a lot of people gave Zelda hate on Smash boards, but I played online with her well. It's your preference :)

Sure, Zelda is hard to control if you begin at Smash Bros. But once you know the game better, it's up to you to choose your favourite, because you'll find out that all the characters are balanced in some way.

Reactions: Reece
Well, if you had played the other Smash Bros. game, you can approximatively tell their abilities only by looking at them. And characters who are overpowered are generally not good when they are off the ground.
As for the 'Bulky-type', it's just that I class the characters by their characteristics.
Oh, i will see how is it going to be when it's released then! :D

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Sure, Zelda is hard to control if you begin at Smash Bros. But once you know the game better, it's up to you to choose your favourite, because you'll find out that all the characters are balanced in some way.
Yup, every character lacks something, and some characters are overpowered in different ways. Like Zelda, she's slow as well, and really hard to control, but is strong, a character like Sheik is fast but really weak, when I now started to play the Brawl series, I used to play with Ike, since he was really strong, but he was way too slow for me to play with, so it's personal preference too :)

Yup, every character lacks something, and some characters are overpowered in different ways. Like Zelda, she's slow as well, and really hard to control, but is strong, a character like Sheik is fast but really weak, when I now started to play the Brawl series, I used to play with Ike, since he was really strong, but he was way too slow for me to play with, so it's personal preference too :)

Well, we also have the too fast but hard to control Sonic in Brawl, and his attack cause a fast KO to the player who chose him. I hope he'll be rebalanced in SSB4. But, as of Brawl, I always chose Pit for the devastating Side-B attack.

Mine will most likely be Samus. I never played a SSB game before, but I'm a huge fan of the Metroid series, and Samus is by far one of my favorite video game characters.

Mine will most likely be Samus. I never played a SSB game before, but I'm a huge fan of the Metroid series, and Samus is by far one of my favorite video game characters.

What version? Suit or Zero?

What version? Suit or Zero?

I think he meant Samus generally. If I remember the Direct, Sakurai showed an attack that allows Samus to change between the Suit and the Zero one.

I think he meant Samus generally. If I remember the Direct, Sakurai showed an attack that allows Samus to change between the Suit and the Zero one.

Actually, the Samus and the Samus Zero are different characters. They were one on Brawl, but now those're to different options, reason I'm asking...

main.png
main.png

Actually, the Samus and the Samus Zero are different characters. They were one on Brawl, but now those're to different options, reason I'm asking...

main.png
main.png
I'm guessing he meant Zero Suit Samus, I think a lot of player, would go for her, she seems to be updated nicely with her "boots" :giggle:

I'm guessing he meant Zero Suit Samus, I think a lot of player, would go for her, she seems to be updated nicely with her "boots" :giggle:

I thinks a lot of players will use her for other reasons...

I thinks a lot of players will use her for other reasons...
Yeah, we all know why, her "boots" are quite famous on Miiverse too.

Yeah, we all know why, her "boots" are quite famous on Miiverse too.

Oh, I got it... You only need to change one letter...

Bingo, you got it :hilarious: Missing one letter in the word "boots" But aside from her "boots" she looks like an overall great character.

Well I got it the first time. Lame joke. She's far from being a fave for that reason.

Well I got it the first time. Lame joke. She's far from being a fave for that reason.
Well a lot of people would play with her now though. So far, the character, I see that a lot of people would play with also too, is Lil' Mac, his speed, power, but terrible aerial movement, he'll be a glass cannon.

Well a lot of people would play with her now though. So far, the character, I see that a lot of people would play with also too, is Lil' Mac, his speed, power, but terrible aerial movement, he'll be a glass cannon.

That's crazy how fast minds change. I remember that there was a small while, everybody was more than hyped for Greninja, and now, it's for Zero Suit Samus... What about the others characters ? (PS: I am not against her)

As for Little Mac, I guess that's because of his overpowered 1-Hit KO attack that he's loved.

That's crazy how fast minds change. I remember that there was a small while, everybody was more than hyped for Greninja, and now, it's for Zero Suit Samus... What about the others characters ? (PS: I am not against her)

As for Little Mac, I guess that's because of his overpowered 1-Hit KO attack that he's loved.
To be honest, I'm not hype for Greninja nor Charizard, they look like great characters, but I rather not play with Pokemon in the Smash game, I'm not sure why but I'm still hyped for Rosalina, and Zelda, I'm excited to play as them.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
It sounds to me that the first three newcomers that were announced at E3 won't be getting equal attention as the ones mentioned afterward. I mean what's wrong with Mega Man or the Wii Fit Trainer? I don't mind people would like other characters more because I can see people liking Pokemon but anyone beyond Little Mac's well-knowness and style... idk

Back