who's going to be your fav character in the new SSB4?

• Thread starter Trainer Red
  • Start date
To be honest, I'm not hype for Greninja nor Charizard, they look like great characters, but I rather not play with Pokemon in the Smash game, I'm not sure why but I'm still hyped for Rosalina, and Zelda, I'm excited to play as them.

I will see if these characters (Greninja and Charizard) are made for the way I play the game. But you should know it, I might be excited for any character, but I think I'll still play with Pit, because his Final Smash now seems to deal a consequent amount of damage, and seems more precise that the one he had in Brawl. Anyway, I think I'll try all the characters too and make my own opinion.

It sounds to me that the first three newcomers that were announced at E3 won't be getting equal attention as the ones mentioned afterward. I mean what's wrong with Mega Man or the Wii Fit Trainer? I don't mind people would like other characters more because I can see people liking Pokemon but anyone beyond Little Mac's well-knowness and style... idk

You're right, the Wii Fit Trainer was popular only a while, same for Mega Man, after, they were "forgotten" to the ones shown after them. That's sad, because they also seems to have interesting movesets. But seems like that the "boots" and the "overpowered punch" things are now fashionable (That's a joke :p)

It sounds to me that the first three newcomers that were announced at E3 won't be getting equal attention as the ones mentioned afterward. I mean what's wrong with Mega Man or the Wii Fit Trainer? I don't mind people would like other characters more because I can see people liking Pokemon but anyone beyond Little Mac's well-knowness and style... idk
I agree, I think a lot of people even view Wii Fit Trainer as a troll character, and I haven't heard anyone talking about the Villager in a while, I'm excited to see Mega Man's full moveset. I guess I'm so hooked on Rosalina being on Smash was because I wanted her really bad on the roster, even before she was announced, but yeah, the other new comers aren't getting a lot of attention.
I will see if these characters (Greninja and Charizard) are made for the way I play the game. But you should know it, I might be excited for any character, but I think I'll still play with Pit, because his Final Smash now seems to deal a consequent amount of damage, and seems more precise that the one he had in Brawl. Anyway, I think I'll try all the characters too and make my own opinion.
Pit Final Smash was actually one of my favorite in the Nintendo Direct, it kinda sucks that his Recovery Ability has been downgraded, but I can see him dashing out way more stronger attacks, I probably might take a look at him too, I too will want to try all the characters and judge them myself, they all seem really well polished.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
I will probably use Link, Marth, Charizard and Greninja. They are my favorite characters from Nintendo games.

I will probably use Link, Marth, Charizard and Greninja. They are my favorite characters from Nintendo games.
Is it sad that I completely overlooked Marth. I wonder if Marth and Little Mac can try and counter each other for infinity if both players time their moves right. I really liked Marth even though he lacked a useful recovery Up-B. He has some good close range but lacks projectiles as well. Little Mac seems to be a little similar to Marth except for their countering style and attack power. You'd get the ultimate face off if you put two expert players of those characters in the arena. But Marth hasn't changed much as far as I know.

Reactions: 532
Is it sad that I completely overlooked Marth. I wonder if Marth and Little Mac can try and counter each other for infinity if both players time their moves right. I really liked Marth even though he lacked a useful recovery Up-B. He has some good close range but lacks projectiles as well. Little Mac seems to be a little similar to Marth except for their countering style and attack power. You'd get the ultimate face off if you put two expert players of those characters in the arena. But Marth hasn't changed much as far as I know.

I don't think that Marth can counter that fast in a row for what you're thinking. I agree that his Recovery Attack was useless if you are away from the stage, but if you at a small distance, but under the stage, it becomes useful. And sure, Marth hasn't changed that much in SSBB, but I think that he will as of SSB4.

Hmm, not sure. I want to use Shiek soley for being able to play as JUST Shiek, same as Zero Suit Samus, but Olimar seems really interested with the whole Pikmin line Sakurai talked about in the direct. I guess we'll find out in a few months.

Hmm, not sure. I want to use Shiek soley for being able to play as JUST Shiek, same as Zero Suit Samus, but Olimar seems really interested with the whole Pikmin line Sakurai talked about in the direct. I guess we'll find out in a few months.
Woah, you must be good to control Sheik, I always tried to play with him, but I find he was too fast, and his attacks were dull. It seems the're working out some bugs with Olimar, but I'm sure he'll come along great, I think Sakurai did a fantastic job by making Zero Suit Samus and Sheik two different characters.

I'll most likely be using Toon Link, Rosalina, Villager and Little Mac. I hope Ness or Lucas returns or another EarthBound representative.

Probably Link. He's been my best character ever since the N64, he's the only one I beat 100 Man Melee with. Mario would be next, my 2nd best character. Out of the new characters, Little Mac is the one I'm excited for.

Reactions: Super Smash Jordan
My 2 favorite characters so far are charizard and greninja :D greninja looks like he will be a swift character and I think his move set is water shruiken, waterfall, and substitute as his attacking moves :) charizard now is on his own with his mega evolution, also like lucario :) I anticipate this coming game greatly!
I got banned from MiiVerse for 2 weeks because I said that Charizard is awesome and that he was being a troll about him hating on Charizard and Greninja.

A lot of new players have been added since I last checked, :woot: I'm guessing mine are Charizard or Link. I also enjoyed using Meta Knight in Brawl but I don't think we're going to see him in this game.

I'm definitely going to give all of the new characters and the old ones a good try before deciding, especially Mac, Greninja, The Villager and The Wii Fit Trainer, but the part I'm mostly stoked about is Yoshi being able to stand on two feet now! I'll give them all a good go, but I think I'll stick to using Yoshi as my main playable character. ^^

I honestly got a 2DS for this game, I can not wait. I will probably try to use Sonic again, hopefully they gave him a usable move set, instead of the same move spammed 3 times.

I'll most likely be playing Zero Suit Samus and Marth for the most part. I haven't actually played any Metroid games before, but I remember playing as Samus (and Sheik) a lot on previous games and doing relatively well.

Most likely will be Rosalina. Would be great to play as her. I've always wanted her to appear in a Smash game! =3

Most likely will be Rosalina. Would be great to play as her. I've always wanted her to appear in a Smash game! =3
YAY! Another Rosalina fan. She looks amazing, she'll be the first character I'll choose to play with on SSB4, and overall she's my favorite Mario character. :love:

Falco is still gonna be my fave :D I liked Lucas > Ness cuz of his grinding self-inflicted PK Thunder :) IMPO they shouldve let PKMN Trainer stay cuz I love Ivysaur :( Anyways, I bet everybody's going to the hype train where Charizard and Greninja is :/ I kinda liked Rosalina cuz well, I'm kinda tired of seeing Peach and Daisy (Kind of a Vague reason XD and well Rosalinas kinda cute to be honest XD). I'm looking forward to the other characters as well :)

I'm really looking forward to playing as Megaman, but I'm almost sure Ness will be my favorite again. I hope Mario gets a boost in this game as well, I always enjoyed playing as him in online matches.

Peach is literally the only character I can play with, but I will definitely give Greninja a shot. I love him!

Lucario, definitely. Lucario is one of my top two favorites, so I'll definitely enjoy playing as him.

Back