Who's winning the console war?

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
If its still for sale, I might pick it up around Christmas. If not, oh well D:
I'd suggest checking your local Gamestop on that. I think it's still available in a bunch of stores. The internet should help in terms of finding one that's in stock. But they have limited quantity so be quick!

Wii U should make a comeback soon once they make a bunch of games like SSB4. In any case, Nintendo appeals to the casual market a bit more. In terms of XboxOne vs PS4, yeah I'd say PS4 for sure

Sad to say SSB4 and Mario Kart 8 aren't enough to save the Wii U. Especially considering SSB4 is on 3DS and everyone already has that.

Sad to say SSB4 and Mario Kart 8 aren't enough to save the Wii U. Especially considering SSB4 is on 3DS and everyone already has that.
SSB4 looks better for the Wii U, and actually Wii U is starting to get some really legit games now. Come E3 2014 we're bound to see even more games, like Zelda Wii U (it's been confirmed we'll hear info on this at E3 2014)

SSB4 looks better for the Wii U, and actually Wii U is starting to get some really legit games now. Come E3 2014 we're bound to see even more games, like Zelda Wii U (it's been confirmed we'll hear info on this at E3 2014)

Graphics aren't going to persuade the millions of people Nintendo needs to spend $300.

What Nintendo really needs to do is advertise the thing. I see all these 3DS commercials but hardly ever any Wii U ones.

Graphics aren't going to persuade the millions of people Nintendo needs to spend $300.

What Nintendo really needs to do is advertise the thing. I see all these 3DS commercials but hardly ever any Wii U ones.

I wasn't thinking only in terms of graphics, but also in terms of how it'd feel to play the game. With the 3DS there's the concern of the characters appearing too small on the screen.

I wasn't thinking only in terms of graphics, but also in terms of how it'd feel to play the game. With the 3DS there's the concern of the characters appearing too small on the screen.

The character's appearing small is the reason they made it so you can change the thickness of the black line around them.

I guess you're right though, playing on the circle pad would feel weird.

The character's appearing small is the reason they made it so you can change the thickness of the black line around them.

I guess you're right though, playing on the circle pad would feel weird.
the thickness comes with the trade-off of the characters not looking as good, thus taking away from the experience. And hey, 3DS sales boosted significantly once X and Y were released, so maybe a couple really popular games on Wii U could accomplish similar results

Things are not looking good for Nintendo at this point.

For the graphics, I want to place my word on this.

Now, everybody thinks that a console must have "<censored>-kicking" graphics. That's a lie. There's games with not-so realistic graphics, but who get a big success. Nintendo often proves what I have said to us. Remember the GameCube ? Its games didn't got some big graphics as some of the PS2 games does, but it was still the 2nd most selling console of its gen (after the PS2).

Nintendo doesn't bet on graphics. They bet on Gameplay, Musics and Local Multiplayer. That's what people have trouble to understand.

For the graphics, I want to place my word on this.

Now, everybody thinks that a console must have "a$$-kicking" graphics. That's a lie. There's games with not-so realistic graphics, but who get a big success. Nintendo often proves what I have said to us. Remember the GameCube ? Its games didn't got some big graphics as some of the PS2 games does, but it was still the 2nd most selling console of its gen (after the PS2).

Nintendo doesn't bet on graphics. They bet on Gameplay, Musics and Local Multiplayer. That's what people have trouble to understand.
some of the best Nintendo games out there didn't have really high quality graphics. For example, you've got Wind Waker which had the cel-shaded thing...

only problem with PC is that it can be a bit expensive to maintain over time. I mean, you'll reach a certain point and the PC you're using won't have the graphic capabilities necessary to play a game

That can be true, but I still think if you search hard you can get some really good deals with video cards that are up to date and will be for at least 2-3 more years.

some of the best Nintendo games out there didn't have really high quality graphics. For example, you've got Wind Waker which had the cel-shaded thing...

Yes, that's a example that I wanted to mention. And more, Nintendo ports games who has got their success on their new platforms, and I think that's a great thing for people who wants to discover some old games/or who are nostalgic.

At least, Nintendo offers the possibility to play backwards until the NES. Thing that Microsoft won't do. (Sony supported PS1/PS2 games on PS3. But PS4 doesn't support both PS3 and PS2 games.)

That can be true, but I still think if you search hard you can get some really good deals with video cards that are up to date and will be for at least 2-3 more years.
yeah, perhaps. But the people that PC is the best way to go for would probably be people who are really knowledgeable on this stuff (perhaps to the extent that they could build their own PC given the parts)

in the console war ........ i don't get it - just let the customer decide geez
whats the difference between ps3 and ps4
i like my ps3 the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the only thing with ps4 is that its slimmer ...............
im sticking with ps3 - the best

Wii U is for people who love hand held games but people who like holding controllers will play ps4 and the xbox one but sure wii u is gonna make a huge come back.

I'd have to say WiiU's winning this one. The others have stupid restrictions, and are pretty expensive.

Wii U is for people who love hand held games but people who like holding controllers will play ps4 and the xbox one but sure wii u is gonna make a huge come back.
Wii U also has the option to buy a "Pro Controller" which has a design similar to that of an Xbox or PlayStation controller. I mean, the general shape is about the same, for example

Wii U also has the option to buy a "Pro Controller" which has a design similar to that of an Xbox or PlayStation controller. I mean, the general shape is about the same, for example

Another good point of the Pro Controller is it's battery: 80 hours

Another good point of the Pro Controller is it's battery: 80 hours
huh that's interesting. Although to be honest I much prefer the gamepad over the Pro Controller, especially with some games like Wind Waker where the gamepad offers a much more immersive experience.

But yeah, I'm not denying that the Pro Controller is pretty good for battery life haha

Plus, WiiU has games worth playing right now. And, it's like 50% cheaper than the other two consoles, and it looks quite sauve. Plus, WiiU's are easy to hack, so more fun there.

Back