Who's winning the console war?

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
Plus, WiiU has games worth playing right now. And, it's like 50% cheaper than the other two consoles, and it looks quite sauve. Plus, WiiU's are easy to hack, so more fun there.
Yeah, the hackability of Nintendo consoles make them even more of worth haha I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible to emulate like PSP and PS2 games and such on the Wii U now

Probably. They can do some really cool stuff. I'm looking forward to see what happens this gen, but a lot of folks think it'll be the last due to the rise of mobile gaming.

Probably. They can do some really cool stuff. I'm looking forward to see what happens this gen, but a lot of folks think it'll be the last due to the rise of mobile gaming.
I disagree because while mobile gaming is there, the games for those tend to be far less superior to those of console games. *Maybe* for the handheld market but even then I have doubts

That's true, but they've been getting better. And most developers don't really care if they can make money. Why spend the time and effort to make another The Last of Us, when you can make a Candy Crush and make more money?

That's true, but they've been getting better. And most developers don't really care if they can make money. Why spend the time and effort to make another The Last of Us, when you can make a Candy Crush and make more money?
Yes, there's more money but think about it from the consumer point of view. Many of them would gravitate towards games because they are more fun. Mobile games tend to be of less quality and not as fun.

I agree, but unfortunate, if you can make money off from something, most people will not do it. One day, the costs to make console games will go up.. And then they'll die. It'll be a sad day, but it will come...
So says Oracle Undarivik.

I agree, but unfortunate, if you can make money off from something, most people will not do it. One day, the costs to make console games will go up.. And then they'll die. It'll be a sad day, but it will come...
So says Oracle Undarivik.
perhaps it'll come some day, but I wouldn't say it's happening this gen. What console companies need to do is focus on the marketing their "fit" as a home entertainment system. The XboxOne kinda did this, for example

Right now I think the Xbox One is winning because it doesn't have good start out games when it got released
Knack isn't good enough to pull the PS4 through it's start. Xbox had Ryse of Son, Forza Motorsport 5 and Dead Rising 3 I think well that's all I got to say for now

Right now I think the Xbox One is winning because it doesn't have good start out games when it got released
Knack isn't good enough to pull the PS4 through it's start. Xbox had Ryse of Son, Forza Motorsport 5 and Dead Rising 3 I think well that's all I got to say for now
I think you're double posting by accident. Thought you'd want to know. Also, while those games are available for XboxOne I personally think that only 1 or 2 out of the 3 is actually legit. Also, PS4 has apparently had higher sales through Christmas...

I think you're double posting by accident. Thought you'd want to know. Also, while those games are available for XboxOne I personally think that only 1 or 2 out of the 3 is actually legit. Also, PS4 has apparently had higher sales through Christmas...
I'd agree with that. Neither the PS4 or the Xbox 1 has any games worth talking about.. So right now I'm sticking with my trusty 3DS, which is pretty much the best mobile console ever.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
I'd agree with that. Neither the PS4 or the Xbox 1 has any games worth talking about.. So right now I'm sticking with my trusty 3DS, which is pretty much the best mobile console ever.
yeah, the 3DS is definitely one of the best game consoles out there with it's game library. Other companies tend to focus on hardware power and graphics and all that, but with Nintendo it's always about the game, so it has a great game library. Even Wii U is getting good games now

yeah, the 3DS is definitely one of the best game consoles out there with it's game library. Other companies tend to focus on hardware power and graphics and all that, but with Nintendo it's always about the game, so it has a great game library. Even Wii U is getting good games now
As I've said, Nintendo's got this gen pretty much in the bag, unless it does some really stupid stuff.. Like requiring you to pay homage to Nintendo. Honestly, I can't see a way for them to mess it up.

As I've said, Nintendo's got this gen pretty much in the bag, unless it does some really stupid stuff.. Like requiring you to pay homage to Nintendo. Honestly, I can't see a way for them to mess it up.
Yeah, people say they messed up with Wii U release but it's actually going pretty well right now I'd say. Once games like Smash Bros U come out it'll be even better. Plus, we might get to hear more on Zelda U at E3 2014...

But.. Maybe there will be no Zelda game this gen. That'd mess things up pretty bad. Also, no Zelda= a very sad Undarivik. And besides, E3 is when Nintendo represents!

But.. Maybe there will be no Zelda game this gen. That'd mess things up pretty bad. Also, no Zelda= a very sad Undarivik. And besides, E3 is when Nintendo represents!
Well, there's Wind Waker HD at least. Also, Nintendo has already promised more info on Zelda Wii U at E3 2014, so it's basically confirmed that it's going to happen haha

I prefer the PS4 above the Xbox One, because the Xbox One is focussing too much on other things then games. With TV and stuff.

I prefer the PS4 above the Xbox One, because the Xbox One is focussing too much on other things then games. With TV and stuff.
That's because Microsoft wants to aim its console to fit as a general home entertainment system rather than just a videogame console. They're trying to make it more versatile and appeal to more people

That's because Microsoft wants to aim its console to fit as a general home entertainment system rather than just a videogame console. They're trying to make it more versatile and appeal to more people
Yeah, but I buy a game console for the games. That's why I like PS4 more :)

Yeah, but I buy a game console for the games. That's why I like PS4 more :)
And if I were to choose between PS4 and XboxOne, I'd do the same! I really don't care for the gimmicks that XboxOne added to appeal to the non-gamers haha

Reactions: Moon Rain
Which one is the best/would you prefer?

The Wii U looks OK, but I wouldn't go ahead and buy it. I've been a nintendo fan for ages but I'd prefer the PS4. It looks really nice. Can't really comment on the Xbox one though. Is it any good?

Back