Would the 3DS have gotten your attention if it didn't have 3D?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land had already caught my attention, so the 3D wasnt necessary, although it is integrated into my username.

Well, I got the 3ds for pokémon sun. I am a very big 3ds fan, but I rarely use the 3D. The super stable 3D(I got a new 3ds) does not work reliably because I wear glasses. One time, I left my 3D on while playing smash, and two effects took place.one, my eyes hurt. Two, my ds was out of battery

I think I would have picked it up anyway. You know what,, when it comes to getting a new gaming console, what motivates me to aquire the so called console are none other things but the games. That is actually what happened to me when I bought the 3ds, the game that blew me away was Luigi´s mansión Dark moon. What is more, I don´t even play with the 3d feature activated, I know it is really cool but it is something that does not really interest me much.

I think I would have gotten one because:

1. I would have lost my mind over how awesome Pokémon X and Y looked, and

2. By the time said Pokémon games were announced, one of my friends accidentally ripped the top screen away from the bottom screen, so even if Pokémon X and Y didn't come out I would have still picked one up anyway.

Yeah, because i bought one (broken: unable to charge) and fixed it up myself for the games. The 3d was nice, but i didn't keep on playing it that way. Mostly because of its low battery life anyway (original model).

I just wanted a better system than my brother who got a dsi while we had ds s. My joy was short lived since flipnote was nowhere till a couple of years ago. I just thought the games would be 3D form not actually 3d

Yes, I think I would have. Having had a gameboy as a teenager , then later a GBA, then a couple of ds lites. It came out shortly after I got a dsi XL and I bought one when the price went down, during a time where I was very into playing ds games. I occasionally switch on the 3d just to have a look , but mostly I find it annoying and it is turned off. I have owned the 4 different 3ds systems (3d switch actually fell off my old xl, which I didn't mind, for the 3d aspect, I disliked that the system was now broken , the hinge broke too ) I think while I am interested in games, I will most likely get every console Nintendo comes up with.

I did buy it for the 3d. Mario 3d land in store kiosks was where it was at. That game has amazing 3d gameplay, and unfortunately no other game i know of on the 3ds used the 3d as well. Unfortunately for me, it seems the more i look at the 3d the less deep it looks. The 3d on the new 3ds does look good, but it flickers weird if you move around because its adjusting to where you move your face. When you arn’t Moving it works though

Even when i knew about the 3d i wasnt very interested in that feature. I was more excited for Animal Crossing new leaf. That's why i have the 2dsxl instead of 3d. I just dont need that feature. I need the ability to play the new games with the compatibility to play the old games too.

I want to say probably not, but it had Paper Mario on it, so in the end maybe yes. The 3d was always cool to me even if I didn't and don't always use it. It would have been real hard for Nintendo to market it as just a more powerful 3ds anyhow...

The 3D, in my opinion, is a really useless and annoying feature. Using the 3D means I have to keep my head in one spot, otherwise it starts blurring and flickering. It just gives me a headache, and it doesn't even work on Pokémon.

I like the 3DS for the games, not the 3D. :)

I got a 2DS because the 3D function didn't really stand out to me and I wanted a cheap afforable handheld console. In my opinion the 3D is kind of useless but still an interesting function for the 3DS. Most games don't even use the 3D function as well.

Funny that Captain Toad's 3DS adventure included 3D, actually it's the only feature standing out from the Switch version besides touch controls. They even mentioned 3D in the initial Direct announcement. First time they've done that in years.

Funny that Captain Toad's 3DS adventure included 3D, actually it's the only feature standing out from the Switch version besides touch controls. They even mentioned 3D in the initial Direct announcement. First time they've done that in years.

Huh, really? Thats pretty cool! Nintendo probably did that so there would be a point to get both. Switch for slick graphics, and 3DS for touch screen and an awesome 3D function. I don't have the game on the 3DS or the Switch (don't have a switch haha), but I hear the game is pretty fun, on both consoles.

That's definitely something Nintendo would do. They want to make money, so they do things like that. That way people buy the Switch and the 3DS == double money :)

well i think people were more concered about the power of the handheld instead of the mechanics that the 3ds had

well i think people were more concered about the power of the handheld instead of the mechanics that the 3ds had

Yeah. Of course the switch was faster and had better graphics than the 3DS. Were there any other differences between Captain Toad 3DS and Captain Toad Switch? besides the power and graphics?

Yeah. Of course the switch was faster and had better graphics than the 3DS. Were there any other differences between Captain Toad 3DS and Captain Toad Switch? besides the power and graphics?
i didnt say a thing about the switch;~;

Reactions: AricAttack
30 fps vs. 60 fps. And if we're being honest the details in some stages can be hard to see in Captain Toad 3D. But the 3D in some ways makes up for it...usually. I've found that a few stages like New Donk City use what I call "fake 3D", where the whole screen is just pushed in instead of showing what objects are close than farther. Only a few stages do this though.

Back