Would the 3DS have gotten your attention if it didn't have 3D?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Yes. It attracted me mainly from the games selection, not the 3D. Still though, the 3D did seem very interesting to me at the time. :0

Same. I thought the 3D was cool but it looked disappointing so I got a 2DS.

Reactions: AricAttack
Same. I thought the 3D was cool but it looked disappointing so I got a 2DS.
It’s better on the new 3ds or new 3ds xl

I would not be surprised if it is lol newer ones always have better things.

The 3D is cool, but I almost never use it anyway. I got a 3DS to play Nintendo 3DS games, plain and simple.
Mostly Super Smash Bros. Also Pokémon.

Yeah I kind of think the 3D feature was kind of a failiure. Its too bad, because it had huge potential to be good and interesting.

Yeah I kind of think the 3D feature was kind of a failiure. Its too bad, because it had huge potential to be good and interesting.
Like I said before the new 3ds made the 3D much better

Reactions: Danominator
Yeah I know and I know that it is :p I was just saying that the 3D isn't really good. Personal opinion.

I never turn off the 3D myself. That said, the games got my attention first.

I never turn off the 3D myself. That said, the games got my attention first.
*gasp* I'm not alone!

Reactions: Leej07
*gasp* I'm not alone!
Indeed! I love the 3D effect. Absolutely a way cool aspect of the system, in my opinion.

If the 3DS didn't have a 3D function, then why would it be called the 3DS? :p

Reactions: Leej07
Yeah I bought it but I was already a Nintendo fan. When they announced it and showcased 3D I was a bit disappointed. I had just played Mario Galaxy.

I was more interested in being able to play a 3D mario title on a Nintendo portable than getting a 3d gimmick. I had already seen 3d movies and knew it would get old fast.

So when they showed the "slide pad" it seemed like a good compromise, but I still wanted a second analog stick.

Yes, I don't use the 3d anyway cause it's just a fad . SMT and animal crossing would have still gotten the hubby and I to buy the system. Lol, SMT sells me on a good few systems cause I'm an SMT junky. I'm waiting on the SMT game on the switch and then I'll want to get that too. Also still waiting on person q2 to come out for the 3ds. I'm already hyped up for the games and can't wait to see how they are.

Well, if it didn't have 3D, would it have been called the DS3? :redpanda:

Well, the 2DS caught my eye anyway, and it didn't have that 3D, so....
I guess the 3DS would have caught my eye if it didn't have 3D and had a lower price point.

Why wouldn't it? It's the successor of the DS and I would've wanted to upgrade regardless of what features it has.

The worst thing about it was that although 3D is amazing, it unintentionally limited the power of the system, since most games would need to have the feature at launch. And quite a few games lagged with it on.

You see, the 3D ability suggested in the title was of course the initial hook that drew me into buying the console in the first place. I remember getting it not long after the release date because my drunk uncle had got lucky at gambling and bought me the system. Due to the new 3D feature, I thought it would be many times better than the original DS. And, well, it was a lot better. However, not due to it's 3D graphics, but for it's large array of decent games of which some you can play for over 100 hours. So, my initial preconception of the console was wrong as the 3D affects weren't that great on any game whatsoever. But, to answer the question, I don't think the 3DS would have grabbed my attention in the first place if it had not originally advertised the new 3D feature. Therefore, Nintendo did well in the overall promotion of the console, because, if they hadn't, they wouldn't have sold so many copies. However, their overall execution of the 3D element was poor as it was only properly utilized in Super Mario 3D Land.

You see, the 3D ability suggested in the title was of course the initial hook that drew me into buying the console in the first place. I remember getting it not long after the release date because my drunk uncle had got lucky at gambling and bought me the system. Due to the new 3D feature, I thought it would be many times better than the original DS. And, well, it was a lot better. However, not due to it's 3D graphics, but for it's large array of decent games of which some you can play for over 100 hours. So, my initial preconception of the console was wrong as the 3D affects weren't that great on any game whatsoever. But, to answer the question, I don't think the 3DS would have grabbed my attention in the first place if it had not originally advertised the new 3D feature. Therefore, Nintendo did well in the overall promotion of the console, because, if they hadn't, they wouldn't have sold so many copies. However, their overall execution of the 3D element was poor as it was only properly utilized in Super Mario 3D Land.
New 3dsl has much better 3d :D

Yeah, I would've wanted to play the new mario or pokemon, and since it had compatibility with DS games, I wouldn't have a reason to not get it. I didn't even care about the 3d from the start, as i thought it'd hurt my eyes or something. Doesn't matter anyways though because Nintendo themselves gave up on it.

Back