Would you purchase AC:NL if it did not have multiplayer?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I wouldn't.

A day after the game's release, I asked a lot of questions to people who owned the game. The multiplayer gameplay is what got me to buy it. If it did not have multiplayer, AC:NL wouldn't be on my SD card today.

What about you guys? If the game had no multiplayer gameplay, would you have purchased it?

I rarely play the multiplayer portion of the game. And besides, my 3DS only really works well online if I sit next to my router, which is 3 rooms away and downstairs, so it's rare for me to play online period.

So yes, I would have bought it if it didn't have multiplayer.

Reactions: TAG and Marc
I hardly play it online to be honest. I think I've only done so with two friends. Maybe I need to exchange FC's more? Anyway, I'd still get it for solo play.

Reactions: Marc
Nope, that's an even more reason why I wouldn't buy it. Well I would buy it if I was rich but there's so much more valuable games that I can spend my time with and ACNL is not on that list lmao

Same as everyone, I don't play much of the multi-player portion of the game, and lately there have been A LOT of problems with the ACNL online servers, continuous disconnecting, ever since I got the game I realized that, so playing the mini-games aren't all that enjoyable.

I don't really care for the multi-player, because it gets old after a while, but it's a nice feature to expose your town, and trade items with players also cheat the turnip system.

I would have, because I'm a huge fan of Animal Crossing, but the online multiplayer just intensified the passion for it.
download.jpg

I would have, because I'm a huge fan of Animal Crossing, but the online multiplayer just intensified the passion for it.
download.jpg
Yeah, mostly everything I did during the single player gameplay was meant for the multiplayer gameplay. I rocked my bear costume at my friends' towns, upgraded my house sooo many times just to be the first one to hit a mansion (shark hunting at the Island payed off), tried to get a few quick sales (perfect apples) at Retail at other towns, etc etc etc.

It's my first Animal Crossing game and I honestly couldn't see me owning this game without multiplayer, :oops: (don't get the wrong idea, I'm not saying the single player gameplay is terrible / actually, it's very addicting and the majority of my time was spent on it). Multiplayer was the extra boost that got me to make the final decision of purchasing.

Yeah, mostly everything I did during the single player gameplay was meant for the multiplayer gameplay. I rocked my bear costume at my friends' towns, upgraded my house sooo many times just to be the first one to hit a mansion (shark hunting at the Island payed off), tried to get a few quick sales (perfect apples) at Retail at other towns, etc etc etc.

It's my first Animal Crossing game and I honestly couldn't see me owning this game without multiplayer, :oops: (don't get the wrong idea, I'm not saying the single player gameplay is terrible / actually, it's very addicting and the majority of my time was spent on it). Multiplayer was the extra boost that got me to make the final decision of purchasing.

:eek: BEAR COSTUME?! Where do I find one. >:|

Of course. The game is still very fun without it. Just look at the first animal crossing game! :p

Nope. I probably wouldn't have bought the game if it didn't have multiplayer. The previous games had the feature so it would be a disappointment to see it removed.

I never played online while talking to anyone I know directly, but online seemed like one of the least important aspects imo. Yeah, if it didn't have online that would have sucked but I still would have gotten it.

i would have i did not get it till quite late so not a ton of people are online with it all the time so i usaly dont play with others. but it is fun. i would have gotten it if no multiplayer. the only thing that i would miss is the item trading.

Mutiplayer is the best and most important part of the game ( to me ) , to interact with others, talk , and having fun. But also, single player is already working really great. If there aren't multiplayer, I will still purchase.

Absolutely. I love it with or without the ability to play with other people, though I must say that playing with a bunch of people is a lot of fun also. So yes, I would have bought it anyway, but the multiplayer options make it even more worth buying for me.

I would still want to buy it even if it did not have multiplayer. I would just be happy to have my very first animal crossing game. I have watched people play it and it looks fun.

I honestly rarely play multiplayer, and I'm a huge fan of the series (I have all 4 games), so yes, I probably would.

I probably would have still bought it because the only reason I did get it was that my friend bought it at release and a few days later (without any online experience) he told me I should get it too. I don't really play it that much but my mom does and she doesn't play online anymore*, so it's all good.

*Funny story: last summer when I got AC:NL, there were lots of people in my Mario Kart 7 clan who also had the game. My mom found out how to travel to people's towns, so she would go to my friends' towns pretending to be me and she would steal various fruits and items xD

Reactions: 423 and Marc
Online/Local multiplayer is an extremely small portion of what defines Animal Crossing: New Leaf. There's much more to the game than just the online. I still would buy the game without the multiplayer because it's all about relaxation when playing this game. You can't relax knowing that somebody's in your town, possibly stealing your items and destroying your town lol.

Online/Local multiplayer is an extremely small portion of what defines Animal Crossing: New Leaf. There's much more to the game than just the online. I still would buy the game without the multiplayer because it's all about relaxation when playing this game. You can't relax knowing that somebody's in your town, possibly stealing your items and destroying your town lol.

While that is true, I am glad Nintendo added the multiplayer feature. It allows people to share the experience with their friends. We should play sometime. :)

Yes I rarely play multyplayer but with the island I help with grinding medlas

Back