Would you purchase AC:NL if it did not have multiplayer?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Yes I would still get animal crossing. It is still a fun game to play. There is so much to do in animal crossing new leaf. But I do think that animal crossing is more enjoyable with more people in multiplayer. Animal Crossing New Leaf is a very fun game to play with other people.

I would still play it, because I see the main goal as making the best town you can or just relaxing, which doesn't really need multiplayer to show off. It is a nice bonus to be able to show it off to others when its finished though. I don't use multiplayer anyways, unless counting the island (but I don't since theres no-one else there)

Personally, multiplayer is the only reason why I would buy the game. Its more fun interacting with people instead of being on your own. It really makes it more awesome and trust me, thats the only reason I would buy it for. Or else it feels lonely.

Considering the fact that I've been playing Animal Crossing since it's U.S. debut on the GameCube (where it wasn't much of a "multiplayer" experience), the chances of me getting it with the lack of multiplayer are rather high.I enjoy the game for it is not to mention I rarely use the multiplayer functionality as is, though I do agree that it does add quite a bit of enjoyment to the game.

I would have bought it! I think Animal crossing is about completing a journey and that needs to be both alone and with friends. What about at midnight when you're catching bugs to sell to pay for your mortgage and you're all alone, its gruelling but its still fun! Although the multiplayer feature does help you collect sets and items quickly and effectively.

I would still buy it. What made me want it was being a mayor and creating your own town and customize your lifestyle. I still love the multiplayer aspect though.

I would still definitely still buy the game. I love the games and the multiplayer just adds to the great experience to the game :D Sometimes though, the multiplayer can get a bit annoying at times, like when you leave with your gates opened to find a troll that messed up your town :/ But it's still fun nonetheless

I would buy it.
I mainly play single player unless I'm on the island
It would make the game more boring though since you couldn't get many different types of fruit
But I would play it any way to make my town look good.

I don't buy ac games for the multiplayer, i never really use it anyway :p

I bought it without notice of multiplayer. I used to have Animal Forest, Animal Crossing for Gamecube. I never used multiplayer on those but I use multiplayer quite often because I have this friend that is on a lot and I chat with her, but don't spend in-town time much. I usually am fixing up my town and maintaining my perfect town status and getting all of my path outlines perfect.

I've only used multiplayer twice I think across all the AC games I've played. It's not the main feature hence why there's not that much to do on multiplayer.

I didn't buy ACNL for multiplayer, in fact, I have never brought an AC game with multiplayer in mind. I buy them for the cute characters, really nice customisation, and because it's just a relaxing game.

I would still play it. There is nothing much to do in multiplayer anyways. Sure you can get non-native fruits and "donations" but other than that, the multiplayer function seems pointless

Absolutely. I wasn’t planning on multiplayer from the start, I just wanted to play the new Animal Crossing game. Later on, I got into multiplayer with friends, but I never bought it for that reason. :p

Back