Would you purchase AC:NL if it did not have multiplayer?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Ihave never used the multiplayer feature (shocking isn't it?) So to me multiplayer is as good as nothing. So yes. I would purchase acnl without multiplayer. The game is still (one of) the best!! I love it:)

I'd still by it in a heartbeat. The main attraction of Animal Crossing since the gamecube was that it was a life simulator with real time events. That's what people expect from it. Multiplayer is just an added bonus to an already excellent game.

No.

I mean, where else do you get exotic fruits? Or what if you had a friend that was OP and you were a beginner and you wanna get started?

I'd still purchase it. Online is great and a good utility if you want to enjoy the game with other people. But, since I have no friends like to play alone I think I would be fine with it. I would be dissapointed in Nintendo though. I would not count on them for anything anymore and try to find an alternative. But, nonetheless, Animal Crossing New Leaf will be my stress relieving, relaxing game, where I can do whatever I want. (sorta). I just love this game too much :p

Maybe not because multiplayer is how I learned to do stuff and got most the stuff I have now

Actually, when I first bought it, I didn't even know there was online multiplayer. I hardly ever use it.

I would say that this game was really great but it wouldn't ever be to its fullest potential without the online multiplayer feature . This feature makes it really fun to play with your friends and share your town and I wouldn't buy it if it didn't have this feature . Apparently it just wouldn't seem right in my opinion :/

There's no way I would have. I played the first one to death by myself. The only reason I got this one was to play with my friends. It's just not even the same type of game without online multiplayer. Constantly having friends over was a big draw and I look to future entries in how they can improve multiplayer.

Yeah, I would defintaly still buy it, currenlty I still do not have it, but am saving up play coins for it! I cannot wait to get my hands on this jewel personally, I htink the online multiplayer option though is like a bonus, I would enjoy this game with or without it, though Im gonna be honest I will be using a multiplayer option a lot, the point of animal crossing though isnt the multiplayer its more so the challenge and goal of evolving your city, I love how everyone has their own little opinion on this, but anyway thats mine, I think that it would be fine, even without the multiplayer option :p

I never play multiplayer on AC at all. They maybe because I don't have many people on here and I would have to time it just right. But it's still really enjoyable with or without it

I played all of Wild World without Multiplayer, only utilizing it to get the final expansion of Nook's store. I prefer to play alone, but that's how I am in almost all of my games. I do occasionally help friends grind bells and visit towns to boost their economy.

I have never used multiplayer for ACNL and it is still one of my most played games. I love building my town and making it the best place ever. It seems really fun playing ACNL with a friend though.

No. I only bought it to play with friends.... However, that buy was worth it.

Yeah, I would. The multiplayer is just a plus. :woot:

I would of bought it without multiplayer, but I feel that it is surely a plus. I play with my friends online very often, and it's one of the ways that some of my old friends and I stay connected. I didn't even think about multiplayer when I was purchasing it though; that was an afterthought.

Of course, I didn't even know it had multiplayer at the time. I mostly wanted it because ever since I was little, I would role play in any video game. I tend to be a rebel in video games, I do the compete opposite of what I'm suppose to. Like in Zelda, I'd pretend I lived in Kakariko Village and drink milk and stuff.

Well, I've played Animal Crossing Gamecube quite a bit, and I think that I may have bought it without multiplayer..but then again, my expectations for most games involve them having multiplayer so..it's probably for the best that the game had multiplayer. I think a lot of people wouldn't have bought it if it didn't.

I guess I would. Actually, I don't have a friend to play with... but it's not bad at all, I still like the game that way

Yes, I would buy it. For me, there is no need to look at other people's villages and admire/hate them. In fact, I think it could be used to copy someone else's design of house and etc.

nope only reason i got it was for multiplayer

Back