Yes: it's Persona Q: Shadows of the Labyrinth!

• Thread starter dwikrid
  • Start date
dwikrid

dwikrid

Noblesse Oblige
Towns Folk
A new Persona title finally comes to 3DS, as a crossover of P3 and P4 character... in chibi mode. Persona Q: Shadows of the Labyrinth is slated for Japanese release on June 5th, 2014.

Reactions: InjusticeBoy, Marc and Reece
Atlus Japan has recently announced Persona Q for the 3DS. So far I found this trailer and it will be released in June for Japan. Here it is:
Do you like it?

@Risinglink I merged your thread with @dwikrid thread, ;)

I enjoy SMT games and I liked Persona 4 (the anime), but I'm not sure if I'll purchase this game if it makes it to North America and Europe. I'll have to see more gameplay because I've never played a Persona game, heh.

Atlus Japan has recently announced Persona Q for the 3DS. So far I found this trailer and it will be released in June for Japan. Here it is:
Do you like it?
Depending on the story. Being a crossover, I don't expect much. I'm looking forward to Shoji Meguro's composition (hopefully not a P3/P4 remix) and school events/life-sim.

I enjoy SMT games and I liked Persona 4 (the anime), but I'm not sure if I'll purchase this game if it makes it to North America and Europe. I'll have to see more gameplay because I've never played a Persona game, heh.
Oh, you haven't played any, @Marc? The first two Persona games are basically SMT with demon negotiating etc. The 3rd installment started new life-sim element and deleted demon negotiation (so it's a standard battle). Persona series has awesome stories, yet lack powerful branching story. I suggest you to play Persona 2 and Persona 3.

Reactions: Marc
Oh, you haven't played any, @Marc? The first two Persona games are basically SMT with demon negotiating etc.
Yep, this will be the first if I buy it when/if it comes to the west. Chances are I wouldn't be able to play 2 and 3 because I don't have a PlayStation 2. I might end up waiting for a discount if this game makes it to the North American eShop anyway, :bag: The P3 & P4 character crossover sounds interesting btw :woot:

Yep, this will be the first if I buy it when/if it comes to the west. Chances are I wouldn't be able to play 2 and 3 because I don't have a PlayStation 2. I might end up waiting for a discount if this game makes it to the North American eShop anyway, :bag: The P3 & P4 character crossover sounds interesting btw :woot:
If you have PSP/Vita, you can play the ported Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Persona 3: Portable (which has alternative female main character).
Actually it happened in P4: some graduated P3 characters met P4 characters and such. I think we can only wait for further information XD

@Risinglink I merged your thread with @dwikrid thread, ;)

I really don't know how they beat me to it...

I have yet to play a bad persona game, so I'll give this a chance but I need a story and more gameplay.

Persona Q is the big announcement Atlus had scheduled for last night.

I personally believe this is quite amusing. I want to buy it.

You guys already know that this game is announced,h owever, the company didn’t reveal a lot about the game other than providing a trailer which had anime clips mixed in with a few gameplay scenes. Luckily Atlus shared some info about the game with Silloncera:

”Just like the experiment of making a fighting game based off the Persona series in Persona 4 Arena, which was also well received by fans, the plan of making Persona Q came from wanting a game that could bring further joy from an even more ‘unexpected element’”

“However, it’s not quite as simple as putting Persona characters into an Etrian Odyssey game: “While we are implementing Etrian Odyssey’s system into it, just as the name implies, Persona Q will be a completely new title, but first and foremost, it’ll be for the fans of the Persona series.”

“Persona Q is just entering its testing phase, and we’re currently polishing its contents.”

Just a little more info on this game ;)

I wish it would use complex dungeon-crawling element like old SMT series, with pitfalls, traps, secret passages, etc. The thing is, as already happened to P3FES, being stuck in one place would turn in boredom, because the dungeons are not so exciting to explore.

So what is Etrian Odyssey like? Never played it before.

So what is Etrian Odyssey like? Never played it before.
First person-dungeon crawling game, similar to SMT with map-drawing feature. Unlike SMT/Persona, you can have up to 5 persons in a party. And we have enemies in 3D model rather than 2D, which is SMT's classic move.
Another unique feature in EO series is skill customization - points that you can spend to optimise skills you choose yourself.

The artstyle looks really awesome with this game. I've never played a Persona game (I've only seen a Persona 4 walkthrough) and I have to say that the trailer makes this game something to definitely consider

The artstyle looks really awesome with this game. I've never played a Persona game (I've only seen a Persona 4 walkthrough) and I have to say that the trailer makes this game something to definitely consider
Well, actually this is spin-off (to Persona) of a spin-off (to Shin Megami Tensei). And the first Persona series slated for release in non-PlayStation console.
What takes my interest is we can choose to focus on P3 team or P4 team. At least, it would be nostalgic.

Well, actually this is spin-off (to Persona) of a spin-off (to Shin Megami Tensei). And the first Persona series slated for release in non-PlayStation console.
What takes my interest is we can choose to focus on P3 team or P4 team. At least, it would be nostalgic.
Yeah, I know. Anyways, any reason for why they chose to name it Persona Q instead of Persona 5? I kinda find it odd that they chose a random letter like the Wii U did :p

Yeah, I know. Anyways, any reason for why they chose to name it Persona Q instead of Persona 5? I kinda find it odd that they chose a random letter like the Wii U did :p
Because there is Persona 5 itself. It is a non-numbered title supposedly because it's a spin-off. But we still don't know what 'Q' letter stands for.

Because there is Persona 5 itself. It is a non-numbered title supposedly because it's a spin-off. But we still don't know what 'Q' letter stands for.
Oh ok. So basically just because it's a spin-off rather than a new game it's not a new number in the series.....yeah, idk what I was thinking when I asked that lol

Oh ok. So basically just because it's a spin-off rather than a new game it's not a new number in the series.....yeah, idk what I was thinking when I asked that lol

they are kind of going Kingdom hearts with this and making a side game while the main series goes on. Though I am happy this isn't P5, I would be unhappy.

they are kind of going Kingdom hearts with this and making a side game while the main series goes on. Though I am happy this isn't P5, I would be unhappy.
I kinda wonder how this relates story-wise as to why the casts of those two games end up meeting with one another somehow and if this thing is canon at all.

Back