Yes: it's Persona Q: Shadows of the Labyrinth!

• Thread starter dwikrid
  • Start date
- 3 save slots
- Additionally, an SD card allows you to create 16 save data slot
- The chibi characters move around and talk a lot
- They also display various expressions while exploring the dungeons and fighting Shadows
- Story is on the serious side
- Famitsu feels that this gives it a more Persona vibe
- Dungeon crawling/fighting feels more like Etrian Odyssey
- Game will show you the percentage of areas you’ve traveled across
- At 100%, a special treasure chest opens somewhere on the floor
- These treasures contain very useful items
- Can also use game coins to open these chets
- Fights are challenging
- Ex: if you forget to debuff enemies that have high physical attacks, they can easily one-hit-kill your weaker party members
- The Leader Skills provides players with a lot of options for these kind of scenarios
- Rei and Zen are also said to be full of mysteries
- Famitsu says it is interesting to watch their unique exchanges with one another and the characters of Persona 3 and 4

Famitsu also published new pics, wait for the new article :3

I'll probably be skipping this. Atlus already has way too many other games out I want to play.

Also judging by the video, this probably shouldn't be my first Persona experience >.>

I'll probably be skipping this. Atlus already has way too many other games out I want to play.

Also judging by the video, this probably shouldn't be my first Persona experience >.>

Actually it mix the gameplay of the first 2 persona and the last next 2 games.
Plus this should be the better JRPG launched for the Nintendo 3DS from Atlus...

I'm not a fan of chibi style, but it's a easy way to mix games for those companies.

- 3 save slots
- Additionally, an SD card allows you to create 16 save data slot
- The chibi characters move around and talk a lot
- They also display various expressions while exploring the dungeons and fighting Shadows
- Story is on the serious side
- Famitsu feels that this gives it a more Persona vibe
- Dungeon crawling/fighting feels more like Etrian Odyssey
- Game will show you the percentage of areas you’ve traveled across
- At 100%, a special treasure chest opens somewhere on the floor
- These treasures contain very useful items
- Can also use game coins to open these chets
- Fights are challenging
- Ex: if you forget to debuff enemies that have high physical attacks, they can easily one-hit-kill your weaker party members
- The Leader Skills provides players with a lot of options for these kind of scenarios
- Rei and Zen are also said to be full of mysteries
- Famitsu says it is interesting to watch their unique exchanges with one another and the characters of Persona 3 and 4

Famitsu also published new pics, wait for the new article :3
I'm excited for this game then, it seems like a bunch of fun, even though this will be my first Persona experience, I think this is the best way to start. I'm a bit worried to why they compared the Dungeon crawling/fighting to Etrian Odyssey, thought it would have been more original, oh well. I guess it's best to wait for some reviews, and gameplay videos.

I'm excited for this game then, it seems like a bunch of fun, even though this will be my first Persona experience, I think this is the best way to start. I'm a bit worried to why they compared the Dungeon crawling/fighting to Etrian Odyssey, thought it would have been more original, oh well. I guess it's best to wait for some reviews, and gameplay videos.

Its nothing like Etrian Odyssey. I'm pretty sure it will be closer to Conception II (there's a demo in the eShop if you haven't tried it yet). In Etrian Odyssey you don't even see your characters moving around or executing attacks.

Last trailer, subbed to English:

Last trailer, subbed to English:

Wow. Elisabeth is almost the same as in Persona 3. Since I'm currently trying the series, if the game gets an European release, I'll give it a try, since I'm playing Persona 3 Portable for the moment.
As for the 'serious' thing that you said way earlier, it doesn't surprise me, since P3P's story is already serious, and sometimes really dark (I will stop here if you are going to play the game).
So, totally hoping an European Release too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc
Wow. Elisabeth is almost the same as in Persona 3. Since I'm currently trying the series, if the game gets an European release, I'll give it a try, since I'm playing Persona 3 Portable for the moment.
As for the 'serious' thing that you said way earlier, it doesn't surprise me, since P3P's story is already serious, and sometimes really dark (I will stop here if you are going to play the game).
So, totally hoping an European Release too.

Well, if Persona Q sells a lot on the Nintendo 3DS, there's also a chance to get the portable version of Persona 5.

Well, if Persona Q sells a lot on the Nintendo 3DS, there's also a chance to get the portable version of Persona 5.

Isn't Persona 5 going to be a PlayStation-exclusive game? That would be great if we were to get it on a Nintendo handheld.

Isn't Persona 5 going to be a PlayStation-exclusive game? That would be great if we were to get it on a Nintendo handheld.

Persona 5 is a PS3 exclusive game...
Usually, later they release a portable version of the game but...

With just this game, the Personas Series is no longer exclusive...

Its nothing like Etrian Odyssey. I'm pretty sure it will be closer to Conception II (there's a demo in the eShop if you haven't tried it yet). In Etrian Odyssey you don't even see your characters moving around or executing attacks.
Well, sadly, my age on the 3DS (15) has restricted me to download the Conception II demo, and I've played worst games than that, but it's understandable. I sure hope it's not like Etrian Odyssey then, I tried the demo and disliked it, I doubt it'll be like it though (since you mentioned it'll be more Conception II)

Well, sadly, my age on the 3DS (15) has restricted me to download the Conception II demo, and I've played worst games than that, but it's understandable. I sure hope it's not like Etrian Odyssey then, I tried the demo and disliked it, I doubt it'll be like it though (since you mentioned it'll be more Conception II)

Well after watching the trailer Erixsan posted, it seems like the game will indeed be like the Etrian Odyssey series in many ways.

Well after watching the trailer Erixsan posted, it seems like the game will indeed be like the Etrian Odyssey series in many ways.

Welp, am confuse now, I think I'll just wait for the game to be released and watch some Let's Plays, or something that shows it's gameplay.

But it looks so cool. :eek:

New Persona Q gameplay videos have been released by Atlus, and the're awesome, take a look:

(Check out Atlus' Youtube channel for more gameplay)

Japanese release, in two days.

Ok, so it's confirmed, Theodore and Elizabeth (the two people in the Velvet Room in Persona 3 (FES/Portable)) seems to be in the game. Though the dialogue shown on the video's thumbnail seems to reveal that they will have their own houses. Also, I laughed at Theodore's outfit !

Japanese release, in two days.
Ah, I had no idea it's already been released :oops:

This game looks amazing, I like the battle-system, and the story looks fantastic, I don't know much about the Persona series, and this will be my first game from it, so I'm really interested. Looking forward to some more trailers.

Back