Yes: it's Persona Q: Shadows of the Labyrinth!

• Thread starter dwikrid
  • Start date
I kinda wonder how this relates story-wise as to why the casts of those two games end up meeting with one another somehow and if this thing is canon at all.
Obviously not a canon. Because, you know, some of them are already ____. Anyone who plays P3 understands this.

Obviously not a canon. Because, you know, some of them are already ____. Anyone who plays P3 understands this.
Yeah, I haven't played Persona 3, so I wouldn't really understand that :p All the same though, hopefully this game turns out good

Over at DDS-NET, the current MegaTen forum since ATLUS USA forums died, I've seen a fantheory that P2 may be tied into this.

Over at DDS-NET, the current MegaTen forum since ATLUS USA forums died, I've seen a fantheory that P2 may be tied into this.
Oh, really? I would like to see Philemon again (but not as a butterfly). His last appearance was in P2 and it was like 13 years ago. Can you provide the link here or PM me? Thanks.

I hope it don't have any ties to P1 or P2, never got around to playing those.

I hope it don't have any ties to P1 or P2, never got around to playing those.
I think it won't, but who knows. P2 duology is a direct sequel to P1, but P3 has no relation to previous installments. There were several cameo stating places like Lunarvale Hospital, or the game Innocent Sin.

Im interested in this game, im really happy it comes to the 3DS, I played persona 3 for psp its really good, i hope this gets some more new things with the 3D.

Im interested in this game, im really happy it comes to the 3DS, I played persona 3 for psp its really good, i hope this gets some more new things with the 3D.
the 3D effect doesn't automatically make a game completely better. Perhaps the battle animations will look cooler to watch but beyond that don't expect too much

New info: the English version of Persona Q is slated for release in Fall 2014. I'm happy, but also sad because I still have SMT IV and Bravely Default to finish >.< another RPG just popped out quickly :eek:

Nice! Another Atlus game on the 3DS. May I ask, what is the difference between Shin Megami Tensei games and Persona games?

Nice! Another Atlus game on the 3DS. May I ask, what is the difference between Shin Megami Tensei games and Persona games?
Persona series is SMT spin-off, concerning about Jungian psychology with high-school theme (except P2: Eternal Punishment). SMT being the main series concerning about the war between Law and Chaos. Same RPG with different tone.

So what is Etrian Odyssey like? Never played it before.
First person-dungeon crawling game, similar to SMT with map-drawing feature.
I read that this game will have a map-making feature similar to the one in the Etrian Odyssey games. I just hope it's not totally like Etrian Odyssey. I want to see my character when he/she walks, :oops: (but I'll be fine without it)

After looking at some more videos, I'm starting to like it more and more :

Gameplay (low volume but it's in Japanese) :

Conversations :

I read that this game will have a map-making feature similar to the one in the Etrian Odyssey games. I just hope it's not totally like Etrian Odyssey. I want to see my character when he/she walks, :oops: (but I'll be fine without it)

After looking at some more videos, I'm starting to like it more and more :

Gameplay (low volume but it's in Japanese) :

Conversations :

About dungeon-crawling, I guess it'll be 1st person view again. Lancarse have been helping Atlus generating Etrian Odyssey series' dungeons and SMT: Strange Journey dungeons, too. At least we can see our charas approaching enemies to attack (much like Persona series, otherwise the title would be SMT :p).
I hope we could explore the world outside the dungeon with 3rd person view (exploring the school and stuff). In Strange Journey/EO series, the exploration is changed with visual novel menu (just like in Devil Survivor).

Anyway, the conversation scenes remind me to Bravely Default (chibis, voices, expressions).

Reactions: Reece and Marc
Those persona games are always interesting to play, the story, characters and game design is really something special, I may give a try on this game.

but I'm not sure if I'll purchase this game
I guess it'll be 1st person view again
It's settled.. Even if it's first-person view, I'm definitely picking this up. I wouldn't get it the day it comes out though. Instead, I'll wait on a discount (which is certain to happen).

Btw, more new videos have been revealed :love: :

That dog is new to me...

and

I remember this guy from Persona 4 the Anime.

Reactions: Reece
It's settled.. Even if it's first-person view, I'm definitely picking this up. I wouldn't get it the day it comes out though. Instead, I'll wait on a discount (which is certain to happen).

Btw, more new videos have been revealed :love: :

That dog is new to me...

and

I remember this guy from Persona 4 the Anime.
Yeah, because Atlus are so lovable they give us discounts many times.

The dog is Koromaru, from Persona 3. Can't talk (of course), and only Aigis (P3 too, the robot girl) can understand him.

Reactions: Reece
Sooo, this is the footage that shows how Persona Q takes on Etrian Odyssey's gameplay

Better than what I had expected though :oops:

Etrian Odyssey series' gameplay has been awesome since. I know Persona Q gameplay would be different (no skill slot, job, and stuff like in EO) but I'm looking forward to its dungeon-crawling.

Actually i'm no fan of Etrian Odyssey series
That's why i thought Persona Q will be boring for me
And a compilation game isnt my favs
Buut,, who knows might just see when the game launch:p

And Shoji Meguro only acts as sound director, not the composer T.T

Back