Your first mario game?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Super mario bros for the ness was the first mario game I received. I played a couple of times a day because each time I tried to pass it (without knowing the warp zones) I always lose in the middle of the game so I had to start all over again the next day because I just get bored when I try it many times a day though.

what game got you into the series? was it an old classic or something more recent? ^^
my first mario game was super mario bros 3 on gba i passed it around the time i was 6 it was a awsome game with the new power ups and crazy worlds its just a classic mario game.

My first one (and my absolute first game ever, iirc, maybe OoT was first though) was Super Mario 64, I absolutely loved that game, even though I never 100%ed it :'D my dad did.

Back then I didn't know who Mario, Bowser, Toad or Peach were, I wasn't even aware of Luigi's and other characters' existence until Mario Kart 64, but it was totally awesome <3

That said, it's pretty dated by now, especially compared to the likes of Galaxy and Sunshine, but it's still one of my fave games ever \o/

Mine is Mario Kart DS. I loved it from the first time I played it all those years ago.

The first mario game I ever played (and the first video game I've ever played) was Super Mario Advance 3 (a.k.a yoshi's island, great game) for the gameboy advance. That is of course, if you actually count that as a Mario game. My first ever true mario game is New Super Mario Bros for the DS. I'm not big into mario games in general so I have like none.

The first Mario game that I played was the original Super Mario Bros. for NES, even though that time I was playing it in my relative's house.

Mario ds pretty fine game. Not first I've seen, but probally played.

When I was little, it was the time of the gamecube and GBA. I loved to go multiplayer on Super Mario Bros. 3. As for consoles, I grew up with Super Mario Sunshine. I still remember when the "secret" levels filled me with dread.

First Mario on NES.

My first mario game was new super mario bros. My whole family worked together to beat it. It was a really fun experience and later on we got a wii and super mario wii. Then mariokart, we all had a lot of fun. So i really love the series!

I think the first game I played was mario kart 64, because i think they wouldve thought i was too little to understand how to play super mario 64, so they let me play mario kart with them. Or maybe it was because my older brother liked to hog the game systems so he would only let me play with him, and at that time it was what I wanted to do, though im sure my big bro enjoyed destroying me in mario kart 64, and sonic hero when we got that a few years later.

Super Mario Bros 3 was the first Mario game I played. I actually saw Super Mario Bros first, but I thought it looked boring. Super Mario Bros 3 art style and power ups really drew me in . It took me a while to get my hands on playing the game since I never owned a NES, but when I did it blew me away. It's still one of my favorite games of all time and one of the very first I beat. So I'm glad I was able to try out that game as it lead me to other Mario games.

Reactions: Rosey
I'm pretty sure it was Super Mario Land for the Gameboy. I remember trying to finish the game quickly, because once you died and got game over, you have to restart the whole thing! I did finally complete it, but I think it took a while. I also remember Super Mario Land 2. I liked the second game a lot more but their both fun to play. Classics.

so a lot of people here like to play Mario games maybe, Mario kart, Mario party, Mario maker and others, but what was the first Mario game you remember playing or remember beating, I remember back on my 3ds when I got new super Mario bros 2, it was a game I wanted for a while and then when i got it I was so happy, but that’s starting to get off the topic, so my question is, what’s the first Mario game you remember playing/beating?

I'm pretty sure my first Mario game was Super Mario Land for the Gameboy. I seem to remember it didn't save my progress so I had to complete it in one session (one battery life too!). It took an extreme amiunt of time to do it, but I'm pretty sure I eventually beat the game. I also remember playing Super Mario Land 2. :) :)

Mario kart 64 because I wasn’t old enough to play super mario 64 and my bro just wanted toplay with someone he could beat, because our dad was too skilled for him. I usually only played multiplayer games at that age because my big bro wanted to win..

The first time I ever played a Mario game was my friend's SNES! Super Mario World is still my favourite!
The first 3D Mario game I played was Super Mario 64 and I remember so clearly that I had no idea what I was doing! XD
Since then, I've beaten the original Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World, New Super Mario Bros. on the DS, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2! (Ahh, the naming convention...)
Currently I'm playing the crap out of Super Mario Maker, but I don't think you can really beat that...
Too bad I still suck at Donkey Kong! :hilarious:

Reactions: AricAttack
I honestly can't remember the first Mario game I played. It may have been New Super Mario Bros. DS...

My very first Mario game was Super Mario Bros. 3, if I recall correctly. I absolutely love that game. It had a variety of power ups, a perfect style of levels, and was a very balanced and fun game. So, there you have it.

Reactions: AricAttack
I remember watching my friend play Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii and I remember wanting to play a Mario game for years, until (I think was last year) I FINALLY GOT MY FIRST MARIO GAME!! I got it at EB Games and the game was a Preordered New Super Mario Bros for the Nintendo DS. I was so happy that I finally get to play my first Mario game :):D

Back