• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say Yay. Whatever's best for business! \o/

I look forward to the future!

Last edited by a moderator:
YEY

yay Marc but, the logo might need fixing AND also, isn't there some sections not related to nintendo things?

yay Marc but, the logo might need fixing AND also, isn't there some sections not related to nintendo things?
Those are what I call side-sections with less focus. We can't always talk about Nintendo stuff ;-;

As for the logo, if it's the one in the first post, it's not the one we'll be using.

Nay Nay nay NAY all the way. 3ds Pedia is like Family to me,the name itself I do treasure and it will hurt some of us loyal to the site and name itself if either is changed and mainly the name that gives it it's certain value. I call myself a pedian time to time and I DO refer this as "Pedia" as well for short when I talk about this site to my friends,I had 5 of them join since I been here and it's been a real blast and party.
NAY I'll even put this in my favorite colour because I like the name it already has so much to prove my point.
So with that being said sure we may have future problems but who cares were 3ds Pedia we can handle anything and either way if the name does get changed we would still have those future problems.
Let me get a quote from LOZ TP to prove that lil statement.

" Shadow and Light are two sides of the same coin, one cannot exist without the other. I know the reason the goddesses left the Mirror of Twilight in this world. They left it because it was their design that we should meet. Yes... that is what I believe."-Zelda

We are the light and the internet is the shadow,the coin is our choices and the sides we choose reflect on which we don't we were lucky to even have this created in our world as 3ds pedia brings happiness to most. 3DS pedia if it changes or does not we still would find it to have value but the old is worth more gold.

Wow I typed too much eheh... but I hope this shows what I feel.
It still will be "pedia", you don't have to stop saying that.

Anyway I say yay, as although I like the old name, I agree that more people will come (more friends :3) if the name is relevant. NintenPedia is kinda catchy anyway :p

YAY! NintenPedia please~ :thumbsup: It's also the first name I thought of if not 3DSPedia.

Nay

Then what are the reasons of your "nay" if your reasons aren't applicable? ^^

I said it already, I value it because it's the original. I love 3ds Pedia more,when I first came to this site I honestly thought it was for every Nintendo system not just the 3ds the name didn't stop my thoughts with that. Even though we can still be called "pedians" and short for "Pedia" both ways it still doesn't fit right to me. I value the original and official name more because to me it has more value but i'm just one voice in the world we all have different opinions but people who are used to this site the way it is love"3dsPedia" like family and changing the name to us loyal Pedians will upset and others who accept the change differ.

It's not my choice but this is a poll,Marcy asked for us to say Yay or Nay
AND...
I say NAY!

I love 3ds Pedia the way it is and as I quoted already both ways problems will come anyways,the switch will soon become like the Wii U new things come every tome someone decides to actually think.

I am just a loyal Pedian I need no applicable response,this is opinionated

I AM JUST LOYAL TO WHAT IT ALREADY IS

~NAY ~

Reactions: Fantivity
Btw, personally I like both name of 3DS Pedia and Nintenpedia, but still, at times I'm still fond of 3DS Pedia name as well, even though at times I'm not against change, too, so as for me, I think I'd go neutral about this, the decision is in your hands :)

Reactions: T-Player Guy
Nay
As of writing this, the poll from this thread is at 22 votes for keeping 3DSPedia and 20 for changing it to a general Nintendo name. The other votes are either for NS related domain or something else.

After thinking about it, I'm seeing 3DSPedia.com working fine for now, but it will most likely run into a lot of problems later down the road (maybe not extremely major but it could affect new members from signing up and no, we're not like that GBA site where people sign up for help with hacking, nor do we have that much population to make something like that work effectively for getting newbies to sign up). When the Switch comes out and after I've implemented some new things to the forum (you'll find out what I'm talking about eventually), I expect a surge of Nintendo Switch traffic. We didn't have much luck with Wii U owners when we were 3DSPedia.com, but we did get a lot of 3DS owner signups.

If we do change domain names, I want to have everything fixed up a lot earlier than the Switch's release. Might even switch over to HTTPS but that is capable of causing A LOT of problems with Google so it'll be best to get that out of the way one time, if we do go through with the name change.

Questions :

Q: Will I still be able to access the site from 3DSPedia.com?
A: Yes! If it doesn't get 301 redirected for visitors and search engines, then there's no point.

Q: Will we shift our focus to the Switch?
A: No! We're still going to heavily focus on the 3DS. We'll just do it with the Switch too.

Q: Is changing the domain going to boost activity?
A: Swapping the domain alone isn't. The name does help people who have no idea about the site decide if they want to make the forum their "home" even before they actually go through with signing up.

Q: Is forum.domain moving to domain.com/forum?
A: Yes! I also plan to make adjustments to the main site's theme to match the forum. Right now the sub domain can be seen as a totally different site to Google. I want to change that.

Q: Could I still have 3DS Pedia as the logo's text for my account?
A: It can be arranged.

Domain name to give feedback for :

NintenPedia
zqyuq16.png

( Is not going to be the official logo for the site / We'll be keeping the current logo style )
- "Pedia" because I know a lot of people call this site "Pedia" and themselves "Pedians".
- "Ninten" and "Pedia" are kid friendly and memorable.
- Cause everyone on Pedia is a TEN :D (credits to Popcorn / @etrian_warrior for being the first).
---> / waits till someone grabs the shotgun to blow me away for that pun D:

Post in this thread saying YAY or NAY to the name.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
For me, nintenpedia doesnt roll off the tounge as well, so im going with Nay

I really don't think that NintenPedia has the same catchy-ness/the same ring to it as 3DSPedia. However, I do agree that there might need to be a nintendo-related name change, but in my opinion I think that that should just be something to think about a bit more, to come up with more name ideas over time. I believe for now that 3DSPedia is fine staying as it is.

Yey to forum.domain moving to domain.com/forum.
Ney to name change.

I say Nay.

I hail from 3DSBuzz, another forum, which not so recently changed to NintyBuzz.

It did not increase the activity of the site, but instead uprooted the memories and integrity of the site I had loved for 4 years. It is not wise to risk such a thing with this site also.

If change must occur, honour its foundation and let 3dspedia die in peace. Start anew with a new site.

Reactions: T-Player Guy, Pandaxclone2 and MindzEye
I like it, and it would probably boost the site a good bunch! Yay all the way!

First post has been updated with a deadline (Feb 1st) for submitting a vote \o/

I say... yay, but maybe not to Nintenpedia.

Change is good, really. And if it helps bring in more people, all the better.

To be honest, though, I thought this was some sort of 3DS only Wiki-type site because of the name. After having been a member for nearly three years, I see that it isn't, but who's to say others won't have that same misconception? A name change may be in order, but I don't think Nintenpedia is any better than the current name; it still sounds like a fan-made wiki about Nintendo stuff.

Reactions: Robyn
I agree with @Mr. L; quite honestly I would rather 3DS Pedia be archived and viewable in/become a sister site to a new forum site over the name being changed.

Reactions: Mr. L
WE NEED MOAR PEDIANS YAY!

As much as I would advise to not changing the name, I feel like Nintenpedia would attract more people to the sight, so I say yay.

You can edit your post and simply fix it to sight lololol

Also I'm still loyal guys just saying.

Reactions: Mr. L
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back