SSB for 3DS 3DSPedia's SSB4 Tier (3DS/WiiU, Forum-Made)!

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
With all of these tier lists thread spawning here and there, I got an idea: instead of deciding which tier is just wrong or which is great, why not make one ourselves ? It would be made by the whole forum, through votes and arguments, and at the end, I'm sure we would end up with a tier list that would satisfy everyone, and who could be used not only in your regular battle with other members, but also with tournaments ! So, here it is, I present you

3DSPedia's Super Smash Bros For 3DS/WiiU Tier List
Q: Okay, so, how it'll work ?
A: Confirmed Members (10+ posts, just to avoid people creating accounts just to mess up with the tiers) will vote for a character's tier. They can choose any tier, but, they'll have to explain why they decided to assign the character to that tier. Entries without any valuable arguments won't be considered.
Q: Is a Tier List the same thing as a ban-list ?
A: No, tier list are not ban lists. They're simply lists that classifies characters by their power, the use we can make of them to a rank. However, I guess some people might ban some tiers in their battles/tourneys.

Q: What are the different tiers ?
A: They range from the top (S), to the lowest (E). Meaning that you have S-A-B-C-D-E. 6 tiers for 51 characters (DLC characters won't be classified for now). It should be enough.

Q: What's the point when (Insert Site Here) has already made a tier-list ?
A: Instead of copying other websites, we had our own tier list. So, most of the people here will be satisfied, and change is a good thing.

Q: Can I ban/allow only tier X in battles/tourneys ?
A: Only if you're the host. If you're a participant, I guess that you'll have to see that with the host.

Q: I'm not satisfied! *Insert Character X* is so top/low-tier!
A: I'll be thinking about it, but I think that the tier will be updated every 2 months, for stability reasons. If you're not happy, think to vote and explain why.

Q: Gimme that Ban Hammer! I wanna ban that character!
A: No, the almighty Ban Hammer is only here for exposition purposes, and can't be used. Only Admins/Forum Moderators can use it, and if they do, I highly doubt that it'll be on the characters that they'll use it. (Also, watch out: The legend says that this hammer have 100% chance to land a perfect hit, and if it does, there will be no more you here. Of all the people I can think of, nobody could withstand the power of the Ban Hammer)

Q: Gimme Play Coins!
A: No, there are many tourneys/battles for PC on 3DSPedia, and I'm sure you could get some this way. If you're not happy with it, go to the Nookling Junction, and do something (selling Pokémons, battling...)

Now, votes will start. A early tier will be posted on November, 1st, meaning that the next tier will be on 2015!
For the sake of beginning the votes, I'll put all the characters to a medium tier (B), so, it's up to you to decide which characters deserves the low tiers, and which ones deserves the top tiers !
(PS: I'll ask @Marc to know if he's okay with it.)

Last edited:
Reactions: CrazyElf, Sylvester87, SaToRi and 1 other person
Reserved for posting an image of the tier.

Reactions: SuperMii3D
And where can we vote? Maybe we should pick 10 characters which we give points. The 1st 10 points and the 10th 1 point and everythign between it.

• There should be a voting on Yes or No and not where they belong as of yet. We should have Youtube online battles as evidence of advantages or disadvantages (doesn't have you be your video, just of someone elses who are really good)
  • There should be a common ground like speed, advantages, disadvantages, checks and counters, recovery, kill grabs, all that good stuff.
  • We should all agree on the counters (or at least a majority), spam able moves, etc. If one person agrees give reason, if not we might not consider your argument.
This will help- https://docs.google.com/a/breckhusk...dEzt6N6uFTT2--3j0iUMh9da0tvg/edit?usp=sharing

Right, we gather some forum members who have different mains, and pit them against other mains so that we figure out who goes where. I have a variety of characters that I can effectively use, and am willing to help out and list the characters.

Well, for whatever it may be worth, I mostly use Charizard, Lucario, and Bowser. But that 100 friends limit is such a pain for games like Super Smash Bros... @_@

I'm mostly holding off until the Wii U version soon. ^^' The better controller and HD beauty will get me psyched off charts to win some Smash matches, heh. x3

I would have to say right off the bat that ZSS is rank S, DH is S, Meta Knight is C, and Kirby is either A/S. ZSS has that infinite combo going on. Even though it can be escaped if you know what you're doing, she's still agile and strong, especially her down B. DH is very long ranged in everything pretty much, even his smashes. His side B can be used at advancing characters very easily. And if they dodge, you can just make it explode. His b is also very good, especially with people coming back onto the stage. If they're ready, his smashes can hit from quite a distance with good power. I've never encountered anybody who is that great at Kirby, but I've heard it can be pretty deadly as well. I put Meta Knight at C just because he used to be so OP.

I would have to say right off the bat that ZSS is rank S, DH is S, Meta Knight is C, and Kirby is either A/S. ZSS has that infinite combo going on. Even though it can be escaped if you know what you're doing, she's still agile and strong, especially her down B. DH is very long ranged in everything pretty much, even his smashes. His side B can be used at advancing characters very easily. And if they dodge, you can just make it explode. His b is also very good, especially with people coming back onto the stage. If they're ready, his smashes can hit from quite a distance with good power. I've never encountered anybody who is that great at Kirby, but I've heard it can be pretty deadly as well. I put Meta Knight at C just because he used to be so OP.
I can actually use Kirby quite effectively, hes one of my secondaries, if you want to fight me, let me know to see how he does.

Ever used Yoshi? He played surprisingly well yesterday :)

Ever used Yoshi? He played surprisingly well yesterday :)
Huh? Elaborate.

@Artisan: That's actually a part of voting. If one's argument doesn't convince you, or you think it is wrong, post a proof of what you're saying, and I'll consider it. Also, that list is going to be useful when demonstrating which character fit which tier. On the other hand, I wonder why they didn't consider adding Shulk with the Buster Art, when you know that all the other characters got really detailed (In the case of Olimar, the damage each Pikmin can do is also useful).

In any case, I doubt Meta Knight deserves the C you gave him, @Tarro57. Not that I don't agree with you, but even nerfed in SSB4, Meta Knight remains as devastating as a well-used Kirby, and I think he deserves the A (at least). As for Yoshi, though he got better jumps, I doubt he'll go in S for one reason: Lack of recovery move.

Also, my turn. I think Shulk should be either A or S, because a Buster/Smash Art combined with a successful Vision or a successful Back Slash (Side-B) can be devastating (In the case of the Vision: the more powerful the attack, the more damage he deals). Example: If you didn't noticed it yet, seems like the damage dealt by the Vision depends on the attack. Thus, a neutral A won't do that much damage when Shulk will counter it. On the other hand, countering Kirby's Hammer or a Falcon Punch easily does a good part of the work (see the trailer where Shulk was countering Cpt. Falcon's Falcon Punch).

@Artisan: That's actually a part of voting. If one's argument doesn't convince you, or you think it is wrong, post a proof of what you're saying, and I'll consider it. Also, that list is going to be useful when demonstrating which character fit which tier. On the other hand, I wonder why they didn't consider adding Shulk with the Buster Art, when you know that all the other characters got really detailed (In the case of Olimar, the damage each Pikmin can do is also useful).

In any case, I doubt Meta Knight deserves the C you gave him, @Tarro57. Not that I don't agree with you, but even nerfed in SSB4, Meta Knight remains as devastating as a well-used Kirby, and I think he deserves the A (at least). As for Yoshi, though he got better jumps, I doubt he'll go in S for one reason: Lack of recovery move.

Also, my turn. I think Shulk should be either A or S, because a Buster/Smash Art combined with a successful Vision or a successful Back Slash (Side-B) can be devastating (In the case of the Vision: the more powerful the attack, the more damage he deals). Example: If you didn't noticed it yet, seems like the damage dealt by the Vision depends on the attack. Thus, a neutral A won't do that much damage when Shulk will counter it. On the other hand, countering Kirby's Hammer or a Falcon Punch easily does a good part of the work (see the trailer where Shulk was countering Cpt. Falcon's Falcon Punch).

Yoshi hasn't that much recovery moves but his jump is really awesome and, his egg throw attack is a special weapon. You can recover really well with it. You get up and you can move to the platform back.

Yoshi hasn't that much recovery moves but his jump is really awesome and, his egg throw attack is a special weapon. You can recover really well with it. You get up and you can move to the platform back.

Yes, but the Egg Throw doesn't really help gaining that much height; just a few pixels, meaning that in most of the cases, if you can't recover with your jump, you're not going really far...

Yes, but the Egg Throw doesn't really help gaining that much height; just a few pixels, meaning that in most of the cases, if you can't recover with your jump, you're not going really far...
But at the same time, his double jumps gets him far and his Egg Toss actually allows him to go higher than what it did in all of the previous games, various times has the Egg Toss saved my life because it has that much more (No matter how little the recovery actually is) altitude.

But at the same time, his double jumps gets him far and his Egg Toss actually allows him to go higher than what it did in all of the previous games, various times has the Egg Toss saved my life because it has that much more (No matter how little the recovery actually is) altitude.
While I still think that Yoshi's Up+B is still not the best thing for recovery, I agree that they kinda made it better in this opus.
So, which rank for you guys ? I think I'll put him in either A or B.

While I still think that Yoshi's Up+B is still not the best thing for recovery, I agree that they kinda made it better in this opus.
So, which rank for you guys ? I think I'll put him in either A or B.
Id put him in A, his speed allows him to use his powerful air attacks on his opponents quite easily and build up a lot of damage quite quickly, his Egg Toss is undoubtedly better in height, but lots some control as to where the egg goes. The Tongue also got a significant buff from what Ive played, the more damage you have the harder it is to break out of the egg, it makes and excellent killing move by just eating someone off stage or close to the ledge at high percentages, ground pound seems to have remained the same, so I cant say much, the Egg Roll seems a bit stronger, but also a tad bit harder to control.

Okay, so Yoshi's now in A tier. (I think we'll do one character at a time)
What about Mario now ? Which tier suits him well ?

Yeah, the egg toss is awesome in this game.
Yoshi in A is perfect, just under S. I think Mario deserves a C rank. He isn't anything special and he is actually always average. I can't remember a smash game where he was really good in actually.

Yeah, the egg toss is awesome in this game.

Yoshi in A is perfect, just under S. I think Mario deserves a C rank. He isn't anything special and he is actually always average. I can't remember a smash game where he was really good in actually.

Since Mario is at the average, I think B (means average) should be better, right ?

Difficult to say, if anything, I think he gets into the B tier, hes not as powerful as other characters, even though he can adapt and fight against a lot of them, the FLUDD has been buffed as it has more pressure and more aim than it did in Brawl, besides that, he seems unchanged. Again, we could test out Mario against other characters.

Back