Best 3DS Demos?

• Thread starter zekiebouy
  • Start date
zekiebouy

zekiebouy

Ex(zach)ly
Towns Folk
I've played quite a bit of 3DS eshop demos over the years, and my favourite would have to be....

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Demo
Mutant Mudds Demo

And actually that's about it for me ;P so, what do you think? Do you agree with my choices or no? Know of Any better ones? Let me know in the comments below! (And yes, I realized that that rhymed :3)

The Epic Mickey demo really got me hooked on the game, so I guess that's good, but it wasn't a great demo in itself.
The Ace Attorney Demo was made as a demo, but as it was, you should have had one small case to solve, and finishing that would complete the demo, instead of shortening a trial and cutting it off in the middle.
But yeah, I think those are my favorites, and a little note to them :p

Reactions: megamanlego, Kaynil and zekiebouy
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward definitely! I played the demo and I loved it, so I played it's prequel, 999 ^_^ after that, I bought VLR and it's now one of my favourite game series ever! I think that the Zero Escape series deserves to be more famous than it is. It was supposed to be a trilogy, but the games didn't sell well in Japan, so it's probably going to take a long time before Zero Escape 3 releases :(

Reactions: Kaynil, zekiebouy and Marc
I liked; Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Gates to infinity, Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's treasure, Kingdom Hearts - Dream Drop distance, and Sonic Lost world. :)

Reactions: Eric Cartman and zekiebouy
The monster hunter demo and the bravely default demo were both excellent. They provided a lot of gameplay for just a demo, and really gave a feel of what the actual game is like. Bravely default even rewarded you for playing the demo which is pretty nice

The best 3ds demos, I think are: Rhythm Thief, Monster Hunter, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Sonic Lost Worlds, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, and Monster Hunter, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Bravely Default Demo.

The reason why I think these are the best, is that it contains a lot of content, and really gives you the feel of the real game (to tell if you like it or not), you know some demos don't have much of a feel to it, because it only has one stage/a lot of restrcitions, and you'll have to play that stage over, and over, until you're sure that it's perfect for you. Well those demos are different, :).

Reactions: zekiebouy and Mikaya
Oh good point, I forgot how good the Mario and Luigi dream team demo was. The rayman legends demo was excellent too with enough levels to show what the game was all about. Basically demos which give an idea of what the main game is like are the good ones.

Reactions: zekiebouy
I liked most of all the Naruto Shippuden demo,even though I still want the actual game the demo was the best I played and it was a nice fighting experience and raising your level and obtaining new moves and modes and even new summoning characters it was a blast!

I've stopped downloading demos now unless I'm seriously considering buying a game, so my choices are a little older:

• Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - it included five minigames, with multiple characters, and gave an accurate representation of how diverse and varied the game was (sadly I wasn't able to find and buy the full game). Basically, it was what a good demo is supposed to be like; it gave a good demonstration of the game. :cat:
  • Project X Zone - I was looking forward to Project X Zone anyway, and my reaction after playing the demo was, "I want it I want it I want it!" :p The demo contained an entire stage and was pretty long, and it showed how excellent the combat in the game was. It didn't leave any major gameplay elements out like some demos do.
  • Rhythm Thief & The Emperors Treasure - like Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, this game's demo showed that the game had many different kinds of minigames. And the soundtrack was excellent. :giggle:

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
I liked Etrian Odyssey IV and Millenium Girl demos (and full games of course :)), both of them have enough content to play about 3-5 hours. Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon - Gates to Infinity also pretty long. As for eShop only titles -
HarmoKnight has great demo too.

Reactions: PersonSP
monster hunter 3 ultimate demo, I play the demo and buy that game! of course the game is awesome, too! although it has only include 2 quests inside the demo, but you can actually know what the game is about.

Reactions: NOKK
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - it was much difficult than the original game, lol or maybe, I wasn't used to the gameplay.
Project X Zone - It had two different demos and my favorite Capcom characters. I still wish to play this game.
SSB 4 - Yep, it has to be there. I mean with all the hype and begging, it's definitely one of the best demos out there.
Pheonix Wright DD - It's the Ace Attorney, it's the best demo.

Project X Zone, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Mutant Mudds, Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage!?!, and SSB4 are all great demos with SSB4 being my favorite of them all. Adventure time plays like the second NES LoZ title without some RPG elements but the mixing food ingredients definitely came from Earthbound. And of course the other two RPG demos had neat visuals and backgrounds.

Fire Emblem Awakening hands down. After I completed the contents of the demo, it immediately made me want to purchase the game. It was short, but enough to get me thirsty for more.

The Super Smash Bros. for 3DS demo isn't bad as well. It has enough content so that you'll know whether it's the game for you.
Project X Zone
I think I've already told you this, but I actually couldn't wait to finish the 2nd demo of Project X Zone. The first demo was alright, but I grew tired of the 2nd demo's contents. Easy Spinner, put down the chainsaw xD
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward definitely!
I wish North America had a demo for this game, :panda:
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Worst.. demo... EVER :sneaky:

Maybe it's the character I chose, but the demo was nothing like the real game in my opinion. I remember it feeling different, but then again it's been a while so I can't really remember :/

Reactions: 18
Newest favourite demo goes to Smash without question. Admittedly the time limit and the lack of multiple stages or characters are a little annoying, but the demo is still a hell of a lot of fun and pretty clearly shows what the final Smash(pun intended) game is going to be like.

Oh yeahh! @Marc just reminded me of Fire Emblem Awakening. It was one of the best demos out there. It reminded me of Chrono Trigger but the graphics were way awesome than any other RPG I've ever played. A great demo totally.

Smash demo hehehehe herehehehehe here

Reactions: zarkgames
I liked; Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Gates to infinity, Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's treasure, Kingdom Hearts - Dream Drop distance, and Sonic Lost world. :)

I really liked the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon demo. I never bought the full version but I can tell you that I was entertained. They did a good job. I bought Pokemon X instead.

The Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS demo is by FAR the best demo EVER!!!

Reactions: zekiebouy
I real like the Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance Demo. I also loved the smash demo :p (thanks! @Marc) I also enjoyed Fire Emblem:Awakening demo. The Tomodachi Life Move-In Demo was great as well. All the demos given out exclusively through game codes are great, IMO lol. There's no feeling great as trying out a great game demo :D

Reactions: Kakea
Back