SSB for 3DS Characters People spam with >.<

• Thread starter Sora G Uchiha
  • Start date
Sora G Uchiha

Sora G Uchiha

There's no stopping this Fire from staying lit ^^
Towns Folk
As everyone should know there are a lot of SPAMERS out there what are some characters you have seen people SPAM with the most?

My list:

-
Shulk: Back slash
-Pit/Dark Pit: arrows/dark arrows
-Link: haayaa (special up)
-Ness: PK thunder

Last edited:
As everyone should know there are a lot of SPAMERS out there what are some characters you have seen people SPAM with the most?

My list:

-
Shulk: Back slash
-Pit/Dark Pit: arrows/dark arrows
-Link: haayaa (special up)
-Ness: Pika thunder

Err... for Ness, it's PK Thunder, and not Pika Thunder (sorry, I guess you haven't played EarthBound/Mother 2 before). But I didn't know Shulk's Back Slash was used that much online. I rarely use it, as it's a risky attack when you're near the edge (Just a few pixels, and you're out!), and should be used only when you're facing the middle of the stage, or when you're in the middle (just so you're sure not to miss the edge)

So, I guess I can post this picture anyway:
034.png

(^ It's just a parody of the SSB4 box art I found randomly on the net. I guess it suits the description you gave...)

Reactions: Ninja-Patty, Mikaya and Sora G Uchiha
Err... for Ness, it's PK Thunder, and not Pika Thunder (sorry, I guess you haven't played EarthBound/Mother 2 before). But I didn't know Shulk's Back Slash was used that much online. I rarely use it, as it's a risky attack when you're near the edge (Just a few pixels, and you're out!), and should be used only when you're facing the middle of the stage, or when you're in the middle (just so you're sure not to miss the edge)

So, I guess I can post this picture anyway:
034.png

(^ It's just a parody of the SSB4 box art I found randomly on the net. I guess it suits the description you gave...)
fixed the PK thunder mix up thanks and lol that parody box of ssb4 is just lol to cute :D

Reactions: D4rkDragon
I really don't see Back Slash (or Shulk for that matter) used online very often, it leaves you wide open if you don't hit everyone nearby, and it can be difficult getting behind your opponent and landing it. If spammed it just doesn't do much damage because they more likely than not wouldn't be behind you, so I don't get why that could be annoying considering you'd just be able to easily destroy your exposed opponent if they spam it.

Reactions: Sora G Uchiha
I saw someone spam Shulk's counter move (along with a Lucario counter spammer too) on different modes and I used that strategy to get 4 kills in Cruel Smash. Back Slash was also spammed too. If I'm using Little Mac it's either Link's arrows, Robin's standard special, Lucario's standard special, Kirby's stone or dash attack or cutter. So yeah it happens to me quite often whenever I'm online. Those counter moves though. They are just annoying if they can't be grabbed.

Marc is guilty of abusing backslash when he first started playing shulk :p

lol, but I don't really find that spammy or it dosen't really annoy me. What annoys me is Robin players going to the side, and charging up his B. Robin is so versatile, and hits hard, and people use him so stupid sometimes :/

I'm guilty of spamming dodge + Side smash even on low percentage enemies. Not for my toon link though.

I can't remember the rest.. but I hate Sonic's B spammers, and they end up suiciding themselves. So it makes for a really boring game.

Reactions: Sora G Uchiha, D4rkDragon and Marc
I think you should add Little Mac to that list. I watch Shofu's videos a lot and I see tons of Little Macs online. Little Mac is a really powerful character, and one can over power his or her enemy just by using only certain moves with Little Mac. His neutral combo, for example does so much damage and I see it used over and over again.

Just faced somebody who spammed Greninja's Water Shuriken attack in a 4P For Fun Battle. I managed to win, but seriously, that guy doesn't know how Smash works... Staying away from the battle and spamming that attack just for easy KOs is just annoying (and of course, you can't counter that).

Counter by any character able to do it (Marth, Lucina, Ike, Lucario, Little Mac, Greninja, and Shulk)... >_<' And for Yoshi, its egg throw... >_>

I myself at least try to refrain from ever blatantly spamming any move or attack, because 1; it gets predictable, and 2; "Stale Moves". Not mixing it up literally will make your attacks weaker.

Reactions: Artisan and Sora G Uchiha
Without spamming smash won't be competitive actually ;)

Reactions: Robyn, Derplink_:3 and Sora G Uchiha
Without spamming smash won't be competitive actually ;)
I disagree on that.
Smashing is using a wide variety of moves. It's a game of projectile-and-melee-moves-in-your-face. It's not a game of spamming repeatedly.

I disagree on that.
Smashing is using a wide variety of moves. It's a game of projectile-and-melee-moves-in-your-face. It's not a game of spamming repeatedly.
Well it varies. With Little Mac spamming is what can determine the game. Projectiles can still be spammed even if the timing of the move isn't always the same leading to the timing being what determines the winner.

I feel like I see Greninja's down air spammed a lot. I also see Little Mac's over b. And I would be lying if I said I don't spam. My main is Duck Hunt, and I can say that I spam his over b fairly often. Kirby's hammer I feel is also spammed quite a bit.

I've always seen Megaman spammers when I play 1-on-1. They usually use his side special and his neutral special repeatedly.

It's Charizard, has to be the Lizaado. Flare Blitz for you.Flare Blitz for you, everybody gets a flare blitz:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I had a match with kirby yesterday and it stretched on for at least 10 minutes. All I remember hearing is hi ah a. (Kirbys up b) I was having a bad day with countering and he just kept on stalling with it. I still have it stuck in my head!

Another character that I might add is Shulk. Most people just spam his Side Smash, which has very good range. Tf you can catch on to it, though, it's a pretty easy match. Another character people spam with is Sonic. They use his dash attack a lot. It's really annoying, and because Sonic moves so fast, it takes a while to catch on to.

Know what I have one for you, but for the record I would consider this zoning rather than spamming.
Toon Link. His arrows are fast, do decent damage, and have excellent range with almost no risk against most characters. His forward smash is also really strong (strong because it leaves him open as well as it's somewhat short range, but it doesn't matter because he's fast). The there's his grab. He is the best shield grabber in the game with a fast and great range hookshot so he can grab after shielding most attacks. His down air is the most spammed move, however it is only useful if your opponent doesn't like to get out of the way of it or if they don't expect it. Even if the opponent shields it the character will slide far enough away from him they won't have time to punish. And overall his aerials are really strong. He has the best options, timing, stats and overall he's just Olimar with a fast sword and no Pikmin to slow him down.

Reactions: Derplink_:3
Ahem, here are some things to think about.

1.Spashing not Spamming >.<
2.You might as well add my jigglypuff up there
3.Put Pikachu and thunderjolt on there (it's not all the time but when a pikachu decides to >.<)
4.Although spamming can and has been an annoying part of Smash it won't go away, some characters heavily rely on one attack as a way of raking up damage or just to generally annoy you.
5.Maybe we should turn this into a thread where we discuss who Spashes (or spams) what attacks and ways to stop it.
6.You'll never get me to not spam some attacks.
7.I'm sure we've all spashed (Spammed) something at one point in our Smash career.

The Spam List that Makes Me Angry:
1. Pikachu: I hate Pikachu spammers SO much. Sure his thunder special got a bit nerfed, but still hearing him say Pika! drives me nuts! His thunder jolt is moderately irritating.

2. Kirby: His stone and final cutter specials. It sometimes gets irritating, but it can be easily countered.

3. Captain Falcon: Gets really irritating. Many spammers use his side and down specials. Patience is required to counter them.

4. Bowser: Because of his major buffs, he is being more often used. People tend to spam his powerful side smash attack, his Bowser Bomb, his side special (at least Patch 1.04 now prevents Bowsercide), and his down aerial. He has gained more speed, but most of his moves still have an overall lag. Plus he has an increased hitbox so it raises your chances a little to counter.

5. Megaman: People use his neutral and side specials all too often. I recommend using Samus to counter. Simply use her full powered charge beam. It cuts right through the spammed weapons. (Trust me on this one. I've played one before)

6. Pit/Dark Pit: People ALWAYS spam his side special. Just keep your distance on these guys. The special gives Pit users superarmor (or so I believe).

7. Sanic: Mainly his dash attack is used. Keep your distance and use ranged fighters.

Back