Do You Have a Wii U? (POLL)

• Thread starter Risinglink
  • Start date

Do YOU have a wii u?

• Total voters
No, I am saving for one when I start my job though.

Nope planning to get one when I have saved up enough money which is going to be quite a long time xD anyways must be fun playing it eh guys ? Tell me what you think about it :L

28l9i8i.jpg

Mine finally arrived!!

Reactions: Reece
28l9i8i.jpg

Mine finally arrived!!
congrats! Definitely a good Wii U bundle to get haha The one I went for was the Zelda Wii U bundle and I was able to get it for $299. How much did your Deluxe Wii U Bundle cost for you?

congrats! Definitely a good Wii U bundle to get haha The one I went for was the Zelda Wii U bundle and I was able to get it for $299. How much did your Deluxe Wii U Bundle cost for you?
It cost me too much overall.
The customs charges on consoles are pretty bad here (not as utterly ridiculous as Brazil but still bad).
In all, the bundle and the Wii Remote Plus' cost me $614 US. I still saved a bit from buying them from a local store, though.

It cost me too much overall.
The customs charges on consoles are pretty bad here (not as utterly ridiculous as Brazil but still bad).
In all, the bundle and the Wii Remote Plus' cost me $614 US. I still saved a bit from buying them from a local store, though.
Wow, that IS a lot. In my case, the usual price for the Zelda Wii U would be $349ish but I managed to get it cheaper and for the price of a regular deluxe Wii U because of a Black Friday deal

Wow, that IS a lot. In my case, the usual price for the Zelda Wii U would be $349ish but I managed to get it cheaper and for the price of a regular deluxe Wii U because of a Black Friday deal
Yeah! That's understandable cause you're a US resident (I assume). In any case I'm just happy I have it. :D

Yeah! That's understandable cause you're a US resident (I assume). In any case I'm just happy I have it. :D
Yeah, and at least you get to experience the awesome experience the game system has to offer. If you ever get the chance, I'd definitely recommend Wind Waker HD if you haven't played Wind Waker yet

Yeah, and at least you get to experience the awesome experience the game system has to offer. If you ever get the chance, I'd definitely recommend Wind Waker HD if you haven't played Wind Waker yet

You may not like this comment but even though I am a Nintendo nut, I've never been a Zelda guy. I want to play them all someday but with expenses going up, I may once again only have funds for the Mario's, Kirby's, Smash, Kart and a few digital games.

You may not like this comment but even though I am a Nintendo nut, I've never been a Zelda guy. I want to play them all someday but with expenses going up, I may once again only have funds for the Mario's, Kirby's, Smash, Kart and a few digital games.
nah I don't mind. If it's not your kind of game then that shouldn't matter haha I mean, although I like Nintendo I don't particularly care for some of the side scrolling Mario games myself, for example

Not to mention the deals that were going around that allowed people by a limited edition console with a game for the price of the console itself...

Well I got my Nintendo Wii U with New Super Mario Bros U and it is awesome!!! I love it and totally think it is worth it, BTW anyone that lives outside of the united states and has an American region wii u, It actually supports up to 250v, there are markings of 250v on the inside and it works fine

Don't have one... yet. Getting the Wii U for xmas with NSMBU, NSLU, NL, and a Luigi wiimote!

You really love luigi don't you...

Well I got my Nintendo Wii U with New Super Mario Bros U and it is awesome!!! I love it and totally think it is worth it, BTW anyone that lives outside of the united states and has an American region wii u, It actually supports up to 250v, there are markings of 250v on the inside and it works fine

You really love luigi don't you...
Kinda makes sense that it'd support up to 250V actually. I'm pretty sure the region locking only applies to the software itself, not the hardware of the console.

Also, it's Year of Luigi, so it's not that surprising.

Kinda makes sense that it'd support up to 250V actually. I'm pretty sure the region locking only applies to the software itself, not the hardware of the console.

Also, it's Year of Luigi, so it's not that surprising.

Yes, you are right and also the region-lock does not apply to accessories like the Wii Remote, Wii U Pro controller, etc, etc. On the Wii U power brick it says 110v but when you plug it in it works fine in 240v :O!

Yes, you are right and also the region-lock does not apply to accessories like the Wii Remote, Wii U Pro controller, etc, etc. On the Wii U power brick it says 110v but when you plug it in it works fine in 240v :O!
Yeah, the regionlocking only applies to games, not the console hardware.

Going back to my point, I wouldn't be surprised if the console is the same thing among a bunch of the countries hardware wise and is able to support a huge range of voltages

28l9i8i.jpg

Mine finally arrived!!

I wish the two Wii Remotes actually came with the console (I got the same one as you (high five! (lol!))) it would probably be more expensive on Nintendo's side to manufacture but the Wii-Motes and the system go perfect together.

I wish the two Wii Remotes actually came with the console (I got the same one as you (high five! (lol!))) it would probably be more expensive on Nintendo's side to manufacture but the Wii-Motes and the system go perfect together.
If the Wii remotes came with the console, then Nintendo would have no choice but to make the bundle cost more. Them going perfect together is really up to the consumer

*high fives back *
I agree they go great together (which is why I got 'em XD) but I also think the price would have had to go up. That would have defeated the whole value aspect Nintendo was looking for this holiday season.

*high fives back *
I agree they go great together (which is why I got 'em XD) but I also think the price would have had to go up. That would have defeated the whole value aspect Nintendo was looking for this holiday season.
Actually I don't think it would have necessarily defeated the whole value aspect because overall the value would be strong. Also, there may be an advantage to getting a lot in bulk or something. Only problem would just be a difference in perception of the overall price with a lot of people not thinking it's necessary to get the two additional Wiimotes

I want one, but we have a really, really old TV and I don't think that he can handle it :p. And I don't have 300 bucks.

I want one, but we have a really, really old TV and I don't think that he can handle it :p. And I don't have 300 bucks.
You don't need an HDMI port for the Wii U to be used. It's only necessary if you want to play it in 1080p. You can play it with the regular Wii component cable connected to the TV. Also, it's 300 bucks for the DELUXE version, the regular version is cheaper

Back