Do You Have a Wii U? (POLL)

• Thread starter Risinglink
  • Start date

Do YOU have a wii u?

• Total voters
Nope, but probably i am going to get one next year or idk when they are going to make more games

True, but it's also the console, I find the wii u menu a bit boring the online features are not good but to be fair it is free and the eshop isn't as good as the 3ds, but the games are amazing.
Well, that's exactly the point. You don't sit around in the menus for a long time, do you? The menu just serves the purpose of being able to see your downloaded apps and launch them from there. The games are really amazong, and the graphics are also dazzling See how fare Nintendo has come? :love:

True, but it's also the console, I find the wii u menu a bit boring the online features are not good but to be fair it is free and the eshop isn't as good as the 3ds, but the games are amazing.
Actually, in all Nintendo gaming hardware, they have always fail, when compared to Playstation and Xbox, who's console had overall better specs, but Nintendo works on the games. The games are Nintendo strong-point, look at the Nintendo DS, it didn't have fascinating specs, but the games made that handheld device a gamer's glory, Nintendo is now dabbling in the HD area of gaming, I wasn't seriously expecting the Wii U home menu to be a turn off to gamers, I read the PS4 have a horrible menu set-up. The games are what matter, don't let the small things bother :)

Actually, in all Nintendo gaming hardware, they have always fail, when compared to Playstation and Xbox, who's console had overall better specs, but Nintendo works on the games. The games are Nintendo strong-point, look at the Nintendo DS, it didn't have fascinating specs, but the games made that handheld device a gamer's glory, Nintendo is now dabbling in the HD area of gaming, I wasn't seriously expecting the Wii U home menu to be a turn off to gamers, I read the PS4 have a horrible menu set-up. The games are what matter, don't let the small things bother :)

NES was the most powerful console of that gen. Same for SNES, N64 and Gamecube.
They change power for lower price on the Wii.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
I know, I was just talking about in these recent generations.

I think Xbox had a slight edge on the GC. The Cube did have better specs than PS2 though, and your point is well taken.

I do not, and probably never will.

The Wii U menu is completely a step back from the 3DS. I know they aren't competiting, but why wouldn't Nintendo let us customize rows?? Having 3 rows with the icons beeing so big annoys the hell out of me, because atm I have 5 full pages of games. Too many.

Not sure why you think the 3DS eShop is better, though. The Wii U eShop has been getting more indies and VC games than 3DS, plus it's an overall smoother application. 3DS' eShop is horrid in comparison.

The Wii U menu is completely a step back from the 3DS. I know they aren't competiting, but why wouldn't Nintendo let us customize rows?? Having 3 rows with the icons beeing so big annoys the hell out of me, because atm I have 5 full pages of games. Too many.

Not sure why you think the 3DS eShop is better, though. The Wii U eShop has been getting more indies and VC games than 3DS, plus it's an overall smoother application. 3DS' eShop is horrid in comparison.
I think the Wii U definitely needs some sort of organization in it's Main Menu, I don't see why not, it should have folders, and even a way to sort the titles out, I've watched a few reviews on it, and after a while it gets clustered up.

On that stuff, Nintendo still a generation behind...

But they made a great work upgrading to HD. They started really outdated on 2012...
Now they mastered the use of it.

I think the problem behind the design and the eShop is Iwata...
Also, the 3DS eShop is a lot better on Europe and Canada... What the hell isn't fixing that Reggienator?

On that stuff, Nintendo still a generation behind...

But they made a great work upgrading to HD. They started really outdated on 2012...
Now they mastered the use of it.

I think the problem behind the design and the eShop is Iwata...
Also, the 3DS eShop is a lot better on Europe and Canada... What the hell isn't fixing that Reggienator?
Yes, I think Nintendo had so much trouble developing games for the Wii U because it was their first HD console, and I think they did a fantastic job with games like Pikmin U and Super Mario 3D World, it seems that they now understand how to work the HD graphics well, so I am excited to see games like Zelda U, Hyrule Warriors, Super Smash Bros. 4, which would be beautiful.

@TAG For three reasons.
Number one being that Nintendo is really losing the hold it had on me. Don't get me wrong, as I still enjoy their games, but in comparison to games like COD and Mortal Kombat, there is a wide gab between them. So if I were going to get one of the newer consoles, it would be either the Xbox One or PS4 as those games are better (in my opinion) on those consoles.
Number two is that all the games that are from Nintendo coming out to the Wii U are ones that I either have no interest in, or I can get them via my 3DS.
Number three I simply cannot stand the design of the Wii U. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Wii U controller, the console? Just seems odd.

Thanks for replying. I understand your reasons, in part. I personally dislike COD and Mortal Kombat games, so I don't miss them on Wii U.

The Wii U controller is most certainly not the console! I'm actually not even quite sure what you mean by that. The Wii U is an HD console, that can be used with wiimotes and classic controllers along w/the new GamePad.

Reactions: Reece
Thanks for replying. I understand your reasons, in part. I personally dislike COD and Mortal Kombat games, so I don't miss them on Wii U.

The Wii U controller is most certainly not the console! I'm actually not even quite sure what you mean by that. The Wii U is an HD console, that can be used with wiimotes and classic controllers along w/the new GamePad.

I think he was saying the Gamepad is basically a handheld and that's it. Not sure where he got that.

COD is on Wii U :3

I think he was saying the Gamepad is basically a handheld and that's it. Not sure where he got that.

COD is on Wii U :3

@TAG No problem. So let me get this straight. I have only seen, and never played a Wii U, so please excuse my ignorance. I thought that the Wii U gamepad is what you played on, hence the screen on it.

@Nanamine I know COD is on the Wii U. But let's be honest for a moment. If you were given the choice to play COD on the Wii U or the PS4, what would select?

@TAG No problem. So let me get this straight. I have only seen, and never played a Wii U, so please excuse my ignorance. I thought that the Wii U gamepad is what you played on, hence the screen on it.

That's the problem with Nintendo ads, they never explained about the console at all.

@Nanamine I know COD is on the Wii U. But let's be honest for a moment. If you were given the choice to play COD on the Wii U or the PS4, what would select?

PC, master race...
Nah, just joking, but I will choose PC anyways.

I don't like shooters, but the next COD on PS4 will be 25% game and 75% DLC. At least it will be cheaper on Steam for get those.

That's the problem with Nintendo ads, they never explained about the console at all.

PC, master race...
Nah, just joking, but I will choose PC anyways.

I don't like shooters, but the next COD on PS4 will be 25% game and 75% DLC. At least it will be cheaper on Steam for get those.

I understand. I have heard that PC gaming is amazing.

Is that a legit percentage? I'm not saying that you made it up, I'm only curious.

[USER=328]@Nanamine
I know COD is on the Wii U. But let's be honest for a moment. If you were given the choice to play COD on the Wii U or the PS4, what would select?[/USER]

I have Black Ops 2 (well, PS3) and Ghosts on both systems, actually. I'm a bit of a sucker for handhelds, but I do enjoy them on Wii U more. I've spent about 16 days playing Black Ops 2 on Wii U, total time, since September of 2013. I've put about a day on the PS3 version.

Ghosts on Wii U I have about 4 days, while on PS4 I have 2 days. Heh.

No problem. So let me get this straight. I have only seen, and never played a Wii U, so please excuse my ignorance. I thought that the Wii U gamepad is what you played on, hence the screen on it.
Wow, that's not your fault, it's all those rubbish "Wii U ads" that I think is a turn off to most gamers, they started off well actually with advertising the product and as the time went buy it just got horrible.
I know COD is on the Wii U. But let's be honest for a moment. If you were given the choice to play COD on the Wii U or the PS4, what would select?
To be honest, I would definitely choose the PS4 (who wouldn't), but the reason why I'm planning to buy a Wii U is for the games, on the PS4, I can't get 'Super Mario, or "The Legend Of Zelda", and I don't find the PS4 gaming library interesting, it's all based on personal preference, if I had a fast PC to play games like those, I would surely play it, but to optimize a PC to be a complete and perfecting gaming PC, would be around $700US, which I think is overkill.

Back