Do you use folders?

• Thread starter BjFauble
  • Start date
I don't have a lot of apps, but I have enough to warrant the use of folders. I use folders mainly to store all the applications I rarely use while keeping all of my games on the home screen. I also like the color and appearance of all my apps on the home screen and having the icon sizes as big as possible. I'm glad the 3DS lets you customize the home screen to your liking (it would be very irritating if you couldn't organize your apps).

Reactions: 532
Just like others are saying, I use folders mainly to hide those fodder apps i dont ever use and another to store demos. I'd like to use them more, actually, but the fact that all you see is a letter on them initially is a bit of a turn off on them imo

I don't have many apps and games, so I don't see the point of any folders. I mean, I could do what @sodajet does but meh, I'm not too bothered by it.

I have 3 folders. Games, Demos and UN Stuff (unnecessary stuff). I usually stockpile demos since I'm too lazy to delete them ._. I also have 2 DSi digital games which I never play. Depressing.

I prefer to put all the Junk in the back, in folders. Like demo's. As for games I download, I have an SD card with a bunch of them on them. I hadn't actually learnt about folders until a couple months ago, but I didn't find them that useful.

I store eShop games in one folder near the front, and demos in another folder at the back. They're very helpful.

Hmmm I dont typically use folders at all, but I'll admit I do have 2 folders, one for downloaded games and one for Nintendo services... I'm going to get rid of both folders soon because I found out quick that I really don't like folders :p I like seeing what I have available without having to open up a folder, so Nintendo by the looks of this thread you should probably completely ditch the folder thing... But I guess some people like it..?

so Nintendo by the looks of this thread you should probably completely ditch the folder thing... But I guess some people like it..?

Not only do some people like them, I'd say many people like them. In fact there's been an outcry to have them on Wii U. Not sure why they weren't there from the start, but hopefully am update will finally bring them along.

Yeah, I recall that 3DS folders were also introduced due to popular demand.

I do have a few folders, one is for putting my video apps, like Netflix, Nintendo Video, and game trailers, and on another folder i put all the "antique" games in it like Mario Picross.

Not only do some people like them, I'd say many people like them. In fact there's been an outcry to have them on Wii U. Not sure why they weren't there from the start, but hopefully am update will finally bring them along.
I just don't understand why you would really want folders? It would be easier having everything in front of you at the tap of a button! But I guess some people like to be more organized and such, so I suppose folder are necessary for those people.

Yeah i use folder to arrange my app and various other app that i collected and give them a name as Virtual console,Demos,3DS Games and Dsi Ware gmes it's to sort the games by what kind it is.

I just don't understand why you would really want folders? It would be easier having everything in front of you at the tap of a button! But I guess some people like to be more organized and such, so I suppose folder are necessary for those people.

I have a large quantity of games. I like folders to separate DSiWare & VC games from regular eShop ones. As it is, my menu is still cluttered with icons! Folders are a necessity for some.

I think I only have one folder used to eShop games purchased and that's it. I guess it keeps everything more organized but I don't really use my 3DS anymore. Good for anyone who wants to keep applications organized by category.

I have one folder.. It for demos... Guess I should start organizing a bit more :p

First I thought that the idea of folders would be very good but when I made two folders on my 3DS I totally forgot about the game which I put in it.. And once by mistake I put the cartridge one in one folder and was thinking that my 3DS has got a defect or something but later I found out that it is in my folder... So I recommend not using folders..

I've never used the folders since I don't really like them , I just like the display of my apps on my 3DS rather than them being hidden. It's more fun to scroll along and see all the games.
I argee with you. I like the default layout.

For me for sure i am gonna use Folders on the 3DS since i am going all digital lol xD I have one Folder for Digital retails games, one for virtual console games and another for Indies titles. It was a awesome idea from Nintendo to give us Folders to put away our games or apps :)

Recently I've stopped using folders, and haven't had any trouble finding my 50+ eShop titles, and it looks much nicer now. I find organizing by type on the home screen itself works better for me than folders. :)

yep I got a whole set of folders organized perfectly even though I don't put nothing in them and I cannot make no more folders,by the way I did not make all those folders on my game the guy who gave it to me had made them,i just organized them in arrangement to number.

Back