Download or cartridge

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
oh. so basically you have to pay double the price to do it. Honestly that's kind of a waste if you think about it...Especially since digital storage space is limited compared to physical storage space
Yeah, but you could probably re-gift or sell the physical copy, so it's not a total waste.

oh. so basically you have to pay double the price to do it. Honestly that's kind of a waste if you think about it...Especially since digital storage space is limited compared to physical storage space
Also, if there is a special pre-order thing that is only available on physical copies, and if you prefer digital copies, then you could have your cake and eat it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, if there is a special pre-order thing that is only available on physical copies, and if you prefer digital copies, then you could have your cake and eat it too.
Just so you know, you're able to edit your posts....so try not to double post when possible. But eh you do make a point regarding being able to sell the physical copy

Just so you know, you're able to edit your posts....so try not to double post when possible. But eh you do make a point regarding being able to sell the physical copy
Thank you. :)

True. Everyone has different situations. Some people I know have gotten 64GB cards. Now that's a bit over kill...
Wait 64 GB cards?!? I don't think the 3DS supports that....Nintendo even says so on the website by saying that the max it supports is 32 GB

Wait 64 GB cards?!? I don't think the 3DS supports that....Nintendo even says so on the website by saying that the max it supports is 32 GB

2 32GB cards equals up to 64. :p

2 32GB cards equals up to 64. :p
oh ok. When you said what you said in that earlier comment I thought you meant as in a single 64GB SD card as opposed to multiple SD cards. The latter makes more sense lol

oh ok. When you said what you said in that earlier comment I thought you meant as in a single 64GB SD card as opposed to multiple SD cards. The latter makes more sense lol
Why did you type lol?

Why did you type lol?
because. Does it really matter why I typed "lol" in that comment above you? It's just a comment I made some hours ago, nothing more lol (if for some reason the question was what lol meant, the second definition on this urban dictionary link can help http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lol)

Download, With the download you can store multiple games on one memory card so if your on the go to just a mall and you don't want to bring to much just bring your 3DS and you already have multiple games to choose from

Download, With the download you can store multiple games on one memory card so if your on the go to just a mall and you don't want to bring to much just bring your 3DS and you already have multiple games to choose from
yeah, but as I said earlier in the post you may have to be wary of space and in the long-run it may be cheaper to get boxed copies than download copies because of the cost for additional SD cards and such

yeah, but as I said earlier in the post you may have to be wary of space and in the long-run it may be cheaper to get boxed copies than download copies because of the cost for additional SD cards and such
You should also take into consideration the pros of digital copies I told you last month.

I always download games. It's just more convenient plus I get to download them at midnight.

You should also take into consideration the pros of digital copies I told you last month.
The pros do exist, but only if there's enough storage space to maintain the digital copies. It can be convenient and such, but ultimately it'd depend on how many SD cards and such you could use

The pros do exist, but only if there's enough storage space to maintain the digital copies. It can be convenient and such, but ultimately it'd depend on how many SD cards and such you could use

Buying a 40$ 32GB SD Card is worth it in my opinion.

Buying a 40$ 32GB SD Card is worth it in my opinion.
I guess it can be, but at the same time it takes away the satisfaction that's somewhat there with owning a boxed copy of the game. I personally like the 3DS cases for the games I've got haha

No one said there weren't cons. :D

No one said there weren't cons. :D
Well yeah, I'm arguing why physical copies are good to have (in case you couldn't already tell from my previous posts) and their pros may outweigh digital copy pros

Well yeah, I'm arguing why physical copies are good to have (in case you couldn't already tell from my previous posts) and their pros may outweigh digital copy pros
Whatever, that's YOUR opinion. I'm going to worry about MY opinion.

I am going to get this game soon but i was wondering is it better to get a download version or the cartridge

Downloading is a better option because you can have multiple games on one SD Card when you are going to the mall for example. You do not have to bring like 20 cartridges to get all your favorite games you can just keep them on the SD

Whatever, that's YOUR opinion. I'm going to worry about MY opinion.
Ok, and did I ever say there was anything wrong with you having your own opinion?

Downloading is a better option because you can have multiple games on one SD Card when you are going to the mall for example. You do not have to bring like 20 cartridges to get all your favorite games you can just keep them on the SD
One problem I can think of is if the 3DS breaks. That'd mean losing those 20 games, rather than just having to replace the 3DS itself and still having the cartridges to play with (even though in many cases it'd mean starting all over)

Back