Favorite Anime?

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
My favorite is sword art online it has such an amazing story line and is so suspenseful the creators make it so you actually have real feelings for characters in the show like you get sad when one dies you feel happy when the main characters make it out of a boss battle alive and you feel very confused when the main characters die in the game but are still alive in the real world.

I love Hajime no Ippo, One piece, Toriko, Death Note and so much more, but if I had to pick one, it probably would be Hajime No Ippo, . . . Maybe.

My favorite anime would have to be Zankyou no Terror (Terror in Resonance), Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (Assasination Classroom), and Tsuritama. Zankyou no Terror was sad. Tsuritama made me laugh and the main character reminds me of me and my anxiety. Assasination Classroom is really funny but also very serious to me.

My favorite is Sword Art Online.

My favorites

Anime:
One Piece with exceptional growth, all the laughs, new content, usually not bored (the long arcs >.<), and cool plot and abilities.

Manga:
Akame Ga Kill! with great artwork, great plot, dark but good, funny, keeps you interested, and like Game of Thrones, ANYBODY can die at a given monment--even main characters that are bad guys or good guys!!! :eek:

Toradora, one of the greatest (best for me) romance anime out there.
I also enjoyed Steins;Gate, Angel Beats, Urusei Yatsura, Evangelion and both Fullmetal Alchemist iterations.

As for animated Japanese movies, while everyone else drools over Miyazaki's Studio Ghibli films, I personally enjoyed Makoto Shinkai's works a lot more. Byosuke 5 centimeters and Kotonoha no Niwa rank in my top 5.

I might put my mal into my signature now.. lol

My fav animes
Akame Ga Kill
Black Bullet
Mirai Nikki
Parasyte
Death Note (the ending tho o-o)

My favorite anime is GTO. or Great Teacher Onizuka. The idea of an ex motorcycle gang leader, being a teacher is a fun concept, and the show has is funny moments and sometimes spills over into the dramatic. I may be watching on going anime, but I often return to GTO.

I can't decide between: SAO, One piece, Fairytail and Dragon collection

I love Pokemon. Just the adventures and the fights got me interested in it. I first watched it when I had on VHS years ago. But then I guess it disappeared and I never found it. :(

But then I have another theory, what if they made a Smash Bros. type anime, like what they showed when they revealed Palutena as a newcomer?

That's hard to say since I like so many of them, but the ones tied are Attack on Titan and Hetalia.

I like the thought of Titans roaming about and having to go fight them and fight for humanity, I know it's crazy but I wish I could go there and join the Scouting Legion and fight alone side Levi and Eren. Though I'd be as useful as Armin :(.

I like Hetalia because seeing our countries as humans with their own personalities and interacting with one another is hilarious. The big world meetings we have is funny because America, just wants to build superheroes that can fight global warming, France is fighting England, Japan is agreeing with everything America says, and all the while Canada is forgotten.

Hetalia really makes the news and history class interesting after watching the series and getting familiar with the personifications.

Pokemon or that straw hat guy and the reindeer (have no idea what it is)

for me it's Attack on Titan because the action there worse I never bored during episodes without forgetting that for once the hero has no big asset apart is determination until that it can turn into this titan

One piece is the best
(opinion)
Followed by Naruto not shippuden since shippuden wasn't that great.
Then u have dragon Ball z not kai
Next is bleach
But still the best Is one piece Because it was always full of action/story even the fillers were all right

Reactions: Devil Club
Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood

I watched a bit of Pokémon (which was entertaining until I got over 8 years old), then came SNK (Attack on Titan for those who prefer dubs over subs) which was good, but it only felt like an intro to the story and then I ran out of episodes, after that I watched DeathNote which was interesting (though full of plot holes) up to the moment and then I (binge) watched Ergo Proxy.

Ergo Proxy is absolutely amazing, it is incredibly beautiful but what's more, the plot is insanely good, the personalities are worked out really good, there is a lot of suspense and it leaves you with a lot too think about. It's not overdone or stuck just below it's potential. There are loads of references, not to movies or games but to books (Alice in Wonderland), philosophers (Plato) and other deep stuff. Stunning. I don't cry easily, and I can watch people die on screen without moving a muscle in my face but this story got me crying.

My only regret with this animé is not going without sleep for some time but having it end. Of course, it's better to end the story right than drag it out but whyyyyyy, it was to perfect. Warning for those who want to watch it, it really is an existential crisis disguised as animé. And it's perfect.

Last edited:
First would have to be Death Note, second Samurai Champloo, and third Hellsing Ultimate. Death Note for it's awesome characters and a story that with will absolutely make you feel like a detective yourself. Samurai Champion for Mugen's awesome swordplay and great music! Nice art style too. Hellsing for being really bizarre (In What other anime do you have Nazis creating an army of vampire/zombie nazis to take over the world?? ). Also it has Alucard and Walter, two complete bad apples!

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite anime is probably Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet i am not that far into the series but even just the first episode it something that drew me in. I love anime but i don't watch many only a couple and Gargantia is definitely my favorite.

I like Death Note...
Because my friend offered me a cookie to watch it, and that is why I love anime/magna so much :3

... I never got that cookie..... :/

Reactions: 532 and Marc
SpaceJam

Back