Favorite Anime?

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
Mine is a tie between Kill la Kill, Death Note, and Naruto. I just can't decide, but I think if I really had to I would choose Naruto because of the good story and characters, not to mention Storm 4 being the best storm title I've played :thumbsup:

I'd say my favorite anime is somewhere between Sword Art Online, Black butler, and Soul eater. Probably SAO, cuz season 1's theme song is the best I've heard in an anime. :eek:
:banghead:Oh gawd. :hilarious: I actually used to like SAO as it was one of the few anime I watched. Bless 14-year-old-me's heart. Nowadays I really enjoy Danganronpa 3(mostly Despair arc), Madoka Magica, Elfen Lied, and Steins Gate

So far it's Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I read the manga first and I thought the anime adaptation was spot on!

One Piece is another favourite, but the anime is just so drawn out, just like so many other series based on episodic manga.

So, I know I've commented here before, but I don't recall what anime I said was my favorite, and it's probably outdated at this point. My favorite is currently 5 Centimeters Per Second. It's directed by Makoto Shinkai, who also directed Kimi No Na Wa, which you may or may not have heard of.

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
Vampire Knight, no questions asked.
Well this was months ago. My opinion has now changed to Bleach.

Sword Art Online, because my friend showed it to me on our homecoming date, and it was amazing~
So, I know I've commented here before, but I don't recall what anime I said was my favorite, and it's probably outdated at this point. My favorite is currently 5 Centimeters Per Second. It's directed by Makoto Shinkai, who also directed Kimi No Na Wa, which you may or may not have heard of.

Five Centimeters per Second was the first manga I read. It's soooo super sad! :cry:
but I loved it so much, I could scarcely put it down... :love:

I am torn. Sword Art Online because I love the virtual gaming concept and the soundtrack is absolutely hands down the best I've ever heard. However, then there is Gyakuten Saiban because there is only no game/series (bar Paper Mario TTYD) that I love more than the Ace Attorney series. I mean seriously a courtroom comedy game what more does one need? Give me a second while my mind tears itself apart I decide. In the end, I couldn't decide as my brain seemed to force a reboot, so I firmly enjoy both evenly and that is the end of that.... *processors shutting down*

Surprisingly, Sword Art Online, it reminds me most of myself, I connect myself to Kirito, because in the real world, we both know a lot about technology, and I play video games so that inside I can become stronger, I think video games can change you emotionally, it can change your personality.

I know there´s a thread for your favorite anime, but in this one i ask to you, which anime from the 1 or hundreds or millions of them is your personal favorite? every genre counts (except the one that starts with H and finishes with I), and that includes anime from the 1960s or 70´s as well, just for fun.

Because of my avatar you would think it´s Pokémon, but no, my personal favorite is Dragon Ball (especially Z) :giggle:

Cardcaptors

Reactions: Joheruchan
Gintama for sure
An extremely hilarious anime with a great cast and voice acting
The serious bits of the show are also really well-handled and was really great to watch

I think Shinmai Maou no Tetament has been my fav anime 4 sum time now... it has lots of lewd fanservice and a very enjoyable n charming story so i rlly rlly luved it!!

I posted here before saying either Death Note or Clannad After Story but since I've watched a lot of shows and my new favourite is:

Hunter x Hunter (2011).

It's so damn good, with some of the best character development and storytelling I've seen, and the second-last arc was a masterpiece, I've never seen anything like it. It's also much darker than it first seems and gets darker as the series progresses, something a lot of Shounen anime don't have.

Hunter x Hunter (2011).
Mr. Happy-go-lucky in the middle is one of the reasons I decided not to give this anime the time of day :

JcAlayp.jpg

The white hair guy to the right doesn't do the anime much justice either :panda:

I try to stay away from anime where the main characters are ultra young :/ but if you have the guts to say this anime is better than Death Note to you, I will give it a shot :sneaky:

Mr. Happy-go-lucky in the middle is one of the reasons I decided not to give this anime the time of day :

JcAlayp.jpg

The white hair guy to the right doesn't do the anime much justice either :panda:

I try to stay away from anime where the main characters are ultra young :/ but if you have the guts to say this anime is better than Death Note to you, I will give it a shot :sneaky:
I've watched Death Note and HxH, and I certainly prefer HxH. If I were to redo my top 3, HxH would probably take 3rd place now.

And it does look 'happy-go-lucky' but it does have a dark undertone to it throughout.

Reactions: DeathDragon and 18
I've watched Death Note and HxH, and I certainly prefer HxH. If I were to redo my top 3, HxH would probably take 3rd place now.
/ puts HxH as priority on my to-watch list :3

Reactions: 18 and Alex

JcAlayp.jpg

Yes it's better than Death Note IMO. :p

Also the anime looks happy-go-lucky but as @Alex said it's actually quite dark, and gets darker as the series progresses.

Reactions: Alex
Rosario+Vampire and Suzuka are one of my favorite anime that I rewatch once in a while you guys should watch this anime if you're into romance and if you do this anime is for you I really love romantic anime it's the best hopefully some of you in this forum agree with me I used to like Girls Bravo ,but it's lame and weird the main character is always getting beat up which is sad also the weird police is always after the main characters friend trying to grab parts she's not allowed too and it's not a good anime imo.

My favourite is Another, It is sidestream so you probably don't know it

Erased is my current favorite! The story line is great and interesting. The whole mechanic of the time travel is unique. By the end you love (almost) all the characters. The ending is so beautiful yet tragic in some ways that it hurts your heart in all the best ways.

Reactions: Mizunil and Marc
Back