Favorite Zelda Game?

• Thread starter Catstew
  • Start date
I've played every game in the series and while people will think odd of me, I always enjoyed the portable titles the most. So my favorite is a tie between Link's Awakening and Spirit Tracks. Majora's Mask takes the third place spot.
To each his own I guess. Nothing wrong with preferring the 2D Zelda games. I personally prefer the 3D ones because the 2D perspective tends to be a bit slow at times for me.

my favorite would probably have to be a link to the past it is SOOOOOO MUCH FUN and i just love the feel of the game u feel awesome going through the game and finding MANY secrets. it has a lot of replay value ive beat it three times and have gotten all twenty hearts and i love how theres actually a few different swords instead of just 2

my favorite would probably have to be a link to the past it is SOOOOOO MUCH FUN and i just love the feel of the game u feel awesome going through the game and finding MANY secrets. it has a lot of replay value ive beat it three times and have gotten all twenty hearts and i love how theres actually a few different swords instead of just 2
Which Link to the Past version have you played/preferred. The original SNES version or the remake GBA version? Although it's essentially the same game, each have some differences....

Which Link to the Past version have you played/preferred. The original SNES version or the remake GBA version? Although it's essentially the same game, each have some differences....
There is a GBA version of Link to the Past, I didn't know, well I think I will want to start that game soon, also A Link Between Worlds looks like a great game, I am sure if I were to play that game it would easily be another Favorite Zelda game.

There is a GBA version of Link to the Past, I didn't know, well I think I will want to start that game soon, also A Link Between Worlds looks like a great game, I am sure if I were to play that game it would easily be another Favorite Zelda game.
Yeah, Link to the Past had a GBA remake. Imo the colors look better on the SNES version but the GBA version has some additions like Link yelling every time he swings his sword (same voice clip as used for Ocarina of Time I believe)

To me its The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D, its really epic and there is a lot to do in that game, the story, music and characters of the game are all amazing.

I can't choose between Oracle of Ages/Seasons and OoT(3D). I grew up with a GameBoy Color and those 2 games and after, I played OoT on a GameCube (who was sold with the Zelda Collector's Edition Disk)

Yeah, Link to the Past had a GBA remake. Imo the colors look better on the SNES version but the GBA version has some additions like Link yelling every time he swings his sword (same voice clip as used for Ocarina of Time I believe)
:eek:, we're kinda sliding off-topic but don't mind me for asking, does the game "A Link to the Past" on the 3DS's Virtual Console category? I would like to play that game.

:eek:, we're kinda sliding off-topic but don't mind me for asking, does the game "A Link to the Past" on the 3DS's Virtual Console category? I would like to play that game.
I have a feeling that it's not on the 3DS Virtual Console but rather on the Wii U Virtual Console (but don't quote me on that, I could be wrong)

I have skyward sword majoras mask though I never finished it twilight princess and last but not least my favorite, ocarina of time n64.

I have skyward sword majoras mask though I never finished it twilight princess and last but not least my favorite, ocarina of time n64.
Definitely try finishing Twilight Princess when you get the chance. The final battle with the sword fight can really look epic when you know what you're doing

oh woops I fineshed twilight primcess but not majoras mask

oh woops I fineshed twilight primcess but not majoras mask
All the same try finishing Majora's Mask :p There's a lot of content in that to explore even though it's supposed to only be for 3 days in game time. For example the Kafei sidequest (if you haven't done that yet)...

well I did the glitch where you look into the telescope on the end of the 3rd day now I'm on the --- day and it is odd.

well I did the glitch where you look into the telescope on the end of the 3rd day now I'm on the --- day and it is odd.
Did you try using the Song of Time to get out of the glitch? I haven't experienced the glitch myself, but perhaps that may be able to help you get out of that problem?

I like a lot the Zelda ocarina of time 3ds because when i was a kid i used to play it on my 64and now i can play it on 3d and i think its a great history thats why im going to buy the game link between worlds for 3ds.

Last edited:
I like a lot the Zelda ocarina of time 3ds because when i was a kid i used to play it on my 64and now i can play it on 3d and i think its a great history thats why im going to buy the game link between worlds for 3ds.
Yeah, the 3DS Zelda games are really good for linking the history of Link's adventure in the Zelda franchise for this long, given the Links to the Past with those games (okay, I'll stop it)

Hrm, so many to choose from. It's VERY close between The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

Hrm, so many to choose from. It's VERY close between The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.
what about those games do you particularly like? What are the merits among the two games that make it hard to decide? I can definitely understand Wind Waker HD being high up there, but what do you like about LBTW?

what about those games do you particularly like? What are the merits among the two games that make it hard to decide? I can definitely understand Wind Waker HD being high up there, but what do you like about LBTW?

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is a masterpiece. It's extremely nostalgic if you've played The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, which I did when I was younger. Most recent games in the series have mainly focused on the battle mechanics (especially the upcoming Hyrule Warriors) but this one doesn't. You have two attacks with your sword and that's it. Being able to take on the dungeons in any order you want really gives a sense of exploration in the game and I love it. The soundtrack is really good, too! Same with the story. I just love this game to pieces.

Back