Game recommendations

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
@Mikaya, Someone already recommended Valkyria chronicles 2, but I'm recommending the first one for PS3. It's anime style (and it's either based off an anime, or the anime is based off it.) and a turn based strategy RPG. It has a great storyline as well.

Another recommendation would be the Kingdom Hearts series. If you like final fantasy, this is the game for you! It features Final Fantasy characters in it's story like Cloud Strife, Squal Leonheart (prefers to be called Leon.) Tifa, Yuffie(couldn't remember their last names) Cid(the one from FFVII) Aerith(Aeris) Auron, Vivi, Seifer, and many more! This RPG isn't turn based but still incredibly fun. The first game(Kingdom hearts for PS2) is a little cheesy, but that's because it's made by Disney interactive studios, and the other ones aren't.
That's right, this game also includes Disney characters like Mickey mouse, Donald, goofy, Jack skellington, Simba, and more. If you don't have a PS2 to play the first game, then worry not! The first three kingdom hearts games have been remade for PS3, it's called Kingdom Hearts 1.5 remix. The three games after that have been remade into a game for PS3 called Kingdom Hearts II.5 Remix. The latest KH game is Kingdom hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance for 3DS. The KH storyline is incredibly compelling and always makes you wonder what happened next. It's a series that I reccommend to and RPG and JRPG fan.

what you give to me?
Kingdom Hearts series
final fantasy vii series
final fantasy x/x-2
Persona 3/4
devil may cry series
Metal Gear Solid (not acid) series
KEN-KA-BAN-CHO!
the Tales
the lego videogame
(gta-like) marvel games

I'm going to go a little obscure first with the Uncharted waters series even the online game as the amount of freedom it gives you is amazing and an interesting world.

Secondly Yakuza series, Ok so in the west we missed out alot on this but the ones we got we can have a little look in to the underground world. The series high point did come with the second game with Kazuya's relationship with the female police officer feel so plausible as it wasn't like the bizarre normal fall in love story but a mutual respect. and The relationship between Kazuya with Haruka in my opinion can never be more emotional... her innocence and his promise to always protect her is beautiful.

Lastly this may be strange but binary domain it maybe buggy and the voice commands may have it's problems but it is simple and a nice little story about the melding of humans with AI.

you should try terraria for the xbox 360 its sorta like minecarft but 2-D and lots more items like jetpacks, guns, pets, more oars and much more

Yes, what @pokemonchase22 said, Terraria is very fun, much more content than Minecraft, with magic, several biomes, enemies and bosses! It has many different version, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, (I think) Playstation 3 (possibly 4), and a mobie version.

I LOVE the Kingdom Hearts series. It's a really good RPG. Seriously NOTHING can top Kingdom Hearts in my opinion.

Warfame,(For PS4, XBox1, & PC) to me feels like what the game Destiny should have been. I'm really bad at explaining why this game would be great to play but this link can help out a lot on why I would recommend this game.
Another reason why I played this game, is because its FREE

Some good RPG's/adventure/anime style games for the PS3? I really need some good games to play! My PS3 is gathering dust! xD

I would be interested some turn based combat games, too!

You should try to get your hands on one of the Disgaea games. It's a rather popular turn based RPG, but I'd have to say for all the wrong reasons. Not that it's a bad game, because if it was I wouldn't have brought it up. I think XCOM: enemy unknown is technically an turn based RPG. You might like it. A lot of its combat revolves around player position, which most turn based games should be, IMO, but aren't.

Reactions: 18
I recommend the Wolf among us for its good story and its cel-shaded graphics, you can also get Shantae Pirate's curse while its on sale and also GTA 5

If you still have a PS3, I recommend Puyopuyo Tetris
In case you ask - Yes, PS3 and PSVita are region free

For PS Vita, I recommend you give "Geronimo Stilton in The Kingdom of Fantasy" a shot

If you have a PC with decent specs, you can play Robocraft. Best free-to-play PC game out there besides TF2. It is sandbox-ish, with semi-strategic combat. Yes, no microtransactions there are microtransactions, but the premium and parts for your bot are completely worth it. Unique ranking system, and specs are not really needed. Best 3D game for some low spec requirements.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
1GB RAM
Intel Pentium or equivalent
2GB HDD space
Some creative skills to create a bot (you get to build the whole thing from scratch)

It is entirely online, with battles set as team deathmatches. There is respawning, and a feature called overclocking. As the battle goes on, you will gain overclocker levels. At overclocker level 1, you do 1x damage and everything does 1x movement, resistance, etc. At overclocker level 13 (max), everything does 1.8x damage, speed, resistance, etc. They will be adding new pilots for your bot to give it special abilities depending on your pilot. Can't wait for that update. www.robocraftgame.com
You need Steam to play on linux/mac, but you can get the direct launcher for Windows. Plus, there are premium codes released from time to time, giving you free premium. Also, it uses Curse Voice and Overwolf (screen recording, like Bandicam/Fraps but exclusively for games). They also do occasional Humble Bundles, and the current one gives a sweet Rhino mask block, and a sweet tank robot. If you want to get it, please friend me (under the social tab in-game). My username there is jamesnail12.

EDIT: Forgot to say this, but works on AlienWare Alpha and, with the right specs, PS/XBOX CONTROLLERS WORK WITH IT ON PC!!!

I would recommend Minecraft which is when you build your own creative world and just overall enjoy the very awesome "GRAPHICS"lol anyways another choice is free steam games or sonic on steam. there are not much other choices I can give you because I don't maily do pc games.

i`m into the platformer genre, could you recommend me a pc game?

Icy Tower.

I highly recommend the platformer game Super Meat Boy .It's a bit hard but it's a super good game that improve the reflexes . Do you know any platformer for ps4 please ?

Batman arkham knight is good, just cause 2'is really fun although 3 is coming out so u might as well wait for that if unwant get a just cause game but just cause 2 is quite cheap now.

SteamWorld Dig has a lot of platforming and slow digging (along with tracing back and revisiting areas) and is quite short but cheap, BattleBlock Theatre is hilarious and quite long and DuckTales Remastered has the lovable Duck McScrooge and is generally quite good although there are times at which you notice it could be slightly tweaked.

Reactions: JaxLeo
@Mikaya It seems to me from what you've given that you might enjoy Diablo 3. Diablo is available for PC, 360, and Ps3, but if you don't want to pay for Diablo try Path of exile on steam for free.

I'd like to recommend Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop! (PC) and Divide by Sheep (PC/Android/iOS) for anyone who wants a simple pick-up and play game.

Also for a good time, I'd suggest BattleBlock Theatre (PC) and for people who still have a PSP or use an emulator, try out Hammerin' Hero and Echochrome. (I still play these games sometimes)

If you're looking for a long-erm commitment to a series, try out the Kingdom Hearts series (7 games PS2, GBA, DS, PSP, 3DS, PS3), the Ace Attorney series (9 games, 2 of which are JP exclusives, GBA, DS, 3DS, iOS) or the Rune Factory series (6 games, DS, 3DS, Wii, PS3)

Siren: a ps2 survival horror game. an enjoyable game with a cool story
Locks Quest: a ds tower defense/RTS blend. one of the first ds games i ever bought and its one of my favorites on the system
Fallout 1 or 2: if you're a fan of the fallout series, definitely try these games. they may be a bit different but both were great RPGS with lots of replay value.
Micro Machines V4: probably my favorite 4 player game on the ps2. kinda like mario kart but with some of its own twists. very addicting and very fun with 3 other people!

Back