Game recommendations

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
I said "kiddy" ones are preferable. Also, I said free-to-play and the NFS games aren't. I need a free-to-play that supports worldwide multiplayer! I can't think of anything other than TrackMania though!

why are you so much interested in a free to play game? most free to play games dont have the full fun of it unless you pay for in game stuff.

why are you so much interested in a free to play game? most free to play games dont have the full fun of it unless you pay for in game stuff.
Listen, the actual story is that I'm looking for a game to play with my girlfriend, who is in California, while I'm here in Greece! I can't afford to pay for two licenses for a full game, as I'm trying to save up money to visit her for Christmas! Trackmania Nations Forever is a great game, offers the kind of multiplayer I want and you don't really miss out on much by playing the free version! We used to play Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS, but, miraculously, she broke her's in 7 pieces, rendering it far from operational! Now I'm looking for a free-to-play game with similar playstyle or with at least a slightly "kiddy" style (she loves those), so we can play something together without having to pay a cent! Also, I really want to avoid Steam, so, any suggestions?

Listen, the actual story is that I'm looking for a game to play with my girlfriend, who is in California, while I'm here in Greece! I can't afford to pay for two licenses for a full game, as I'm trying to save up money to visit her for Christmas! Trackmania Nations Forever is a great game, offers the kind of multiplayer I want and you don't really miss out on much by playing the free version! We used to play Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS, but, miraculously, she broke her's in 7 pieces, rendering it far from operational! Now I'm looking for a free-to-play game with similar playstyle or with at least a slightly "kiddy" style (she loves those), so we can play something together without having to pay a cent! Also, I really want to avoid Steam, so, any suggestions?

i know of a site where you can get a cheap 3ds or 2ds, that way you two can play MK7 again

i know of a site where you can get a cheap 3ds or 2ds, that way you two can play MK7 again
Did I mention that we don't want to have to pay anything to play together again?

Did I mention that we don't want to have to pay anything to play together again?

well your best bet is to google it. that helps with everything

well your best bet is to google it. that helps with everything
I can't find any free, only freemium on google! Do you really think I haven't tried googling it? The only non-freemium one I found was TrackMania Nations Forever, which I've been playing ever since fourth grade!

I need a REAL game, not some flash-like game that will fill my computer with garbage! I need something that can be played multiplayer throughout the world, most importantly! And by that I mean like allowing setting up a private game or server! I can't keep posting the same thing over and over! Just read the description of what I'm looking for thoroughly and if you know of a game like that, then good, otherwise, just move on and let someone else suggest something. No offense meant, don't misunderstand.

For PS2 I would recommend the wacky rhythm game Parappa the rapper 2 because it has very cratchy songs and an even wackier storyline.

I need a REAL game, not some flash-like game that will fill my computer with garbage! I need something that can be played multiplayer throughout the world, most importantly! And by that I mean like allowing setting up a private game or server! I can't keep posting the same thing over and over! Just read the description of what I'm looking for thoroughly and if you know of a game like that, then good, otherwise, just move on and let someone else suggest something. No offense meant, don't misunderstand.
well their is no hope for you, im so sorry, your asking for something that isnt out their. just pay up

well their is no hope for you, im so sorry, your asking for something that isnt out their. just pay up
TrackMania is just like what I want though, but just need an alternative! There ARE game like that, it's just that they aren't that famous! Perhaps someone else can help, anyone?

If Rhythm Heaven: Donut Remix ever gets localized, I'd recommend it because the game play is on point. :p

I love me some fighting games. Also enjoy rpgs, and fast paced platformers

Also gotta recommend fantasy life. Top Notch jrpg

Also gotta recommend fantasy life. Top Notch jrpg

i have fantasy life, i love it.

If you're a fan of the souls series who is looking for something to fill the void before Dark Souls 3 I'd recommend Salt and Sanctuary. It's a 2d side scrolling souls like game and it was way better than I thought it would be. It is way worth the 20 bucks.

I recently started up on Hyper Light Drifter and I HIGHLY recommend this game. I can't really explain much other than the fact the graphics are beautiful, the way the imagery plays a huge role is awesome, and over all it's a great piece of work. It's also unforgiving, but that just adds to the fun!

I have a ton of recommendations though to be honest....If you have a Steam, then I recommend Crypt of the Necrodancer, Legend of Dungeon, Magicite, Roguelands, Risk of Rain, bit Dungeon II, Eldritch, Barony, Fight The Dragon, Titan Souls, Deep Dungeons of Doom, Terraria, Starbound, System Shock 2 (still playing 1)....the list goes on. Maybe I'll add onto this later.

But I really enjoy horror, dungeon crawlers, and rogue likes the most! I also love MMOs, so I recommend ones like MapleStory, Mabinogi, Trove, Dungeon Defenders II, Digimon Masters Online if you're a Digimon fan, Grand Fantasia. I've been on MapleStory as of late though and have played for almost all of the 11 years so far...so I recommend it most. Mabinogi has some neat features and mechanics though, especiallu the pets and mounts.

Reactions: Marc
my recommendations
tear ring saga:a fire emblem plagiarism, but with different history and characters, there are two lords, runan(you cant grind with him) and holmes (you can) in some points of the hystory, you can trade units, items and money of the two armies,, so it better to put low-level units in holmes group to train then

but there are some events that only happens if you have a chararcter in a certain army in a certain moment
there arent support conversations, but the units interact between and mid-chapters and in some event they earn "support points" that helps then when they are close

Okaaaaaay, let's try to remember the heart of this post;
boring of playing the same old games for your console? stuck for a new game to play that you'll enjoy? Just post the series/genres/features you're into, and a fellow member can make some useful recommendations for you! Make sure you state what console the game is for, the full title, along with a brief description, notable features, a rating and reasons why you would recommend that/those games.

I'm digging around for a free-to-play PC card-game, moves swift on most computers, needs depth, needs mind, must endure.
In my experience, I've played Magic Duels, I've played YGO BAM, I've had card-games come and go, but nothing has stuck.

I do have some more requirements.
  • I don't do Hearthstone. Now that's outta the way...
  • The game in question mustn't require facebook accounts or anything, as I've sworn off that site. Logging in shouldn't take too much, and I've been to Miniclip before.
  • Automatic card games need not apply, but I did love Confrontation once. Some automation is fine, as long as I can intervene somewhere in the game with cards in-hand or reserved somewhere else.^
  • I can't play it alone! Multi-player must at-least be an option and at-best must be required of the game. I need companions with which to conspire with and against.
  • It has to ba fast and/or satisfying. Last thing I need is to either be bogged down by slow game-play or excessive lag, but I don't wanna cruise my way along either. I desire speed and smart.
Now, what do you, the community, have to recommend?

Okaaaaaay, let's try to remember the heart of this post;

I'm digging around for a free-to-play PC card-game, moves swift on most computers, needs depth, needs mind, must endure.
In my experience, I've played Magic Duels, I've played YGO BAM, I've had card-games come and go, but nothing has stuck.

I do have some more requirements.
  • I don't do Hearthstone. Now that's outta the way...
  • The game in question mustn't require facebook accounts or anything, as I've sworn off that site. Logging in shouldn't take too much, and I've been to Miniclip before.
  • Automatic card games need not apply, but I did love Confrontation once. Some automation is fine, as long as I can intervene somewhere in the game with cards in-hand or reserved somewhere else.^
  • I can't play it alone! Multi-player must at-least be an option and at-best must be required of the game. I need companions with which to conspire with and against.
  • It has to ba fast and/or satisfying. Last thing I need is to either be bogged down by slow game-play or excessive lag, but I don't wanna cruise my way along either. I desire speed and smart.
Now, what do you, the community, have to recommend?

While it isn't a card game, I really enjoyed Town of Salem, it will definitely run well, the only restricting factor being internet, you CAN play multiplayer and it does require alot of thinking.

Quite simplistic and quite addictive if it's your type, but some will probably find it boring.

Or you know, you could play the cards against humanity game, who's name I can't remember at the moment.

Reactions: MindzEye
Back