Game recommendations

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Yeah, I'm actually looking for a good turn based RPG for my Xbox 360 or 2DS. Do you guys have any suggestions? I looked up turn based RPGs for Xbox 360, and found that there's practically nothing out for it .-. I could also take suggestion for mobile games. I have a Kindle Fire, and an Android Phone. Thanks!

Some good RPG's/adventure/anime style games for the PS3? I really need some good games to play! My PS3 is gathering dust! xD

I would be interested some turn based combat games, too!
Try Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5. They're awesome but the story is quite complicated.

Try Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5. They're awesome but the story is quite complicated.
story is not complicated at all, if you play all the "spin-offs".

story is not complicated at all, if you play all the "spin-offs".
Yeah But spin-offs are like on 3 different consoles

New recommendation:
Minecraft: Story Mode.
Despite the first assumption that it is just Minecraft with dialogue, it is a heavyily, story-based game with lots of depth, and less Minecraft. There is so many different choices, and each one affects the rest of the game heavily. Despite each episode (probably) costing $5, you can buiy all 5 for $20 and download them as they release.

I'd suggest Fate for the PC. It's a good dungeon crawler with a reasonable selection of weapons and armor, and you can either take a dog or cat as your companion.

Any ideas for an action-packed kind of game? I'm open to fighters or slashers.
I already own Devil may cry 1 thru 4, a smattering of Street Fighters, BlazBlue I and II, a few SSBs, Aces Wild, KOFXIII All of the major MvsC games... I've also seen Bayonetta.
A story isn't too important to me as long as it's exciting, but I'll take a deep plot if you've got any. I like fighting games of skill and quick nerves, Slashers with a reasonable number of difficult enemies, and anything that'll no doubt give me pain on medium or better.

Any ideas for an action-packed kind of game? I'm open to fighters or slashers.
I already own Devil may cry 1 thru 4, a smattering of Street Fighters, BlazBlue I and II, a few SSBs, Aces Wild, KOFXIII All of the major MvsC games... I've also seen Bayonetta.
A story isn't too important to me as long as it's exciting, but I'll take a deep plot if you've got any. I like fighting games of skill and quick nerves, Slashers with a reasonable number of difficult enemies, and anything that'll no doubt give me pain on medium or better.
You should try playing a Ys game! The series is sided-top-down Action-Hack'n'Slash-RPG! You can try The Oath in Felghana, The Ark of Napishtim, Seven, Origin, Memories of Celceta! It all depends on what system you are planning to play on. If it's just for the PC, try Origin, you'll love it!

Just a little tip, all the games in the series are much more fun if you start with the lowest difficulty setting and move up to the highest! If you do that, it'll really never bore you and you love the game even more every time!

You should try playing a Ys game! The series is sided-top-down Action-Hack'n'Slash-RPG! You can try The Oath in Felghana, The Ark of Napishtim, Seven, Origin, Memories of Celceta! It all depends on what system you are planning to play on. If it's just for the PC, try Origin, you'll love it!

Just a little tip, all the games in the series are much more fun if you start with the lowest difficulty setting and move up to the highest! If you do that, it'll really never bore you and you love the game even more every time!
I'm adding that to my list now. Thanks! ;)

Reactions: Tho
I'm looking for an online multiplayer (not necessarily a MMO) racing game that is good and also free to play. What I really care about is being able to connect with a certain someone halfway across the world, so we can play together. The only one I have so far that can do that is TrackMania Nations and the rest of the series, but I'm looking for some alternatives, as that other person isn't that good at games and this one will be really hard! It also needs to have low requirements! The person in question has a Core Duo laptop, so you can tell yourselves it can't run that many games!

There's so many games to recommend! It all depends on your style. If you like serious role playing games I suggest Fire emblem awakening for the 3ds. It is a chess like war strategy game with a great plot that you will fall in love with. If you want a nice simple non PG13 role playing game, pick up a pokemon game. Pokemon is a series where you explore a region and catch all different kinds of pokemon. There are different types of pokemon (ex: electric, fire, water, grass, rock, ground etc.), some are two types, and certain types of pokemon better against others (ex: fire is better against grass, grass is better against water, water is better against fire). You get to train and evolve your pokemon to become the best they can be. In the beggining of the game, you also get a choice. You get a choose a grass, water, or fire type pokemon (these are called starters), choose wisely though because you will not find any of these pokemon any where else, and the only way you can get another one is through trading. The Legend of Zelda is another great series to pick up. (I would recommend ocarina of time 3d to start) this series is set in a fictional kingdom of hyrule where the main character (Link) go on an adventure to stop the evil ganandorf and save the princess. Along the way you will learn about the kingdom's mythology of the triforce (the gods created the triforce and gave it to the hylian people to gaurd). The triforce is split up between the 3 main characters, LInk has the triforce of courage, zelda has the triforce of wisdom, and ganandorf has the triforce of power. You will also sometime pick up the blade of evil's bane, the master sword. If you're for a game that you can just pick up and play for a few minutes, I suggest three game series: Super smash bros, Mario kart.

i recommend the souls series (demon's souls, dark souls, dark souls 2) they are great and really test your skills. i would also recommend all the batman arkham games, they are a blast to play and have exciting parts. in arkham origins you get to see when batman first meets several of the classic batman villians. give them a try

I thought the purpose of this thread was for people to ask for game recommendations and then get replies, not for people to randomly state a list of games they find good. Am I wrong @Mikaya?

Seriously now, I really need a racing game to play! Read the details in my previous post (↑)! Also, it will be even better if you can recommend one that is a bit "kiddy", but in the sense of Mario Kart, not some other stupid game.

I thought the purpose of this thread was for people to ask for game recommendations and then get replies, not for people to randomly state a list of games they find good. Am I wrong @Mikaya?

Seriously now, I really need a racing game to play! Read the details in my previous post (↑)! Also, it will be even better if you can recommend one that is a bit "kiddy", but in the sense of Mario Kart, not some other stupid game.

im sorry, i just recommended some games.

im sorry, i just recommended some games.
I wasn't talking about you specifically, it's just that this thread is going off tracks slowly. Just trying to set it back straight.

I wasn't talking about you specifically, it's just that this thread is going off tracks slowly. Just trying to set it back straight.
well i could recommend some racing games to your, but first i will need to know what game systems do you own

well i could recommend some racing games to your, but first i will need to know what game systems do you own
I'm talking about a PC game! I have the description in one of my previous posts. I'll just quote it here:
I'm looking for an online multiplayer (not necessarily a MMO) racing game that is good and also free to play. What I really care about is being able to connect with a certain someone halfway across the world, so we can play together. The only one I have so far that can do that is TrackMania Nations and the rest of the series, but I'm looking for some alternatives, as that other person isn't that good at games and this one will be really hard! It also needs to have low requirements! The person in question has a Core Duo laptop, so you can tell yourselves it can't run that many games!

I need a racing game to play! Also, it will be even better if you can recommend one that is a bit "kiddy", but in the sense of Mario Kart, not some other stupid game.

I'm talking about a PC game! I have the description in one of my previous posts. I'll just quote it here:

any of the pc need for speed games are great, but you said a kiddy type of racing game, and i dont have a clue about that

Yeah, I'm actually looking for a good turn based RPG for my Xbox 360 or 2DS. Do you guys have any suggestions? I looked up turn based RPGs for Xbox 360, and found that there's practically nothing out for it .-. I could also take suggestion for mobile games. I have a Kindle Fire, and an Android Phone. Thanks!
i would recommend The Legend of Legacy, it is a turned based game that is very entertaining. you should check it out, i got the preorder oen and it came with a hardback book and a soundtrack. i didnt preorder the game, but got it anyways

any of the pc need for speed games are great, but you said a kiddy type of racing game, and i dont have a clue about that
I said "kiddy" ones are preferable. Also, I said free-to-play and the NFS games aren't. I need a free-to-play that supports worldwide multiplayer! I can't think of anything other than TrackMania though!

Back