Have you ever gotten stuck in a Zelda game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
I got Ocarina of time when I was 6 years old, and I was on the great Deku Tree for 2 months before I finally figured it out, I can now beat it in less than 15 minutes :p
Wow that's fast also ur the 100th post here :D.

I always get stuck on puzzle dungeons, then I try to look at some walkthroughs on how to solve them whenever I feel frustrated on how to get out of there. I feel dirty when I did get some tips. :p

Well, i have, in OoT, in the Water Temple

I had no more keys, many doors were still locked and i couldn't find where to go next.

That is, until i investigated, and learned that i HAD gotten stuck, the game was made unwinnable by mistake, and i had to erase my data and start all over again :(

Still an awesome game though, IF you know what you're doing, hopefully it's problems were fixed in the 3ds remake, were they?

Well, the first one I got stuck on was Ocarina of Time on the N64. I couldn't figure out the Water Temple. I also got stuck on Majora's Mask, not being able to figure out where to go to find the dungeons. My sister actually got farther than I did. Other than those two, I haven't really had a problem with the other Zelda games I've played.

Yeah, happens wayyy too often for me. I forget stuff fast. Especially windwaker. I'll be trying to finish a sidequest, and then I realize I need to sail to and Island, but then I realize I don't have the Island marked, So I go buy some bait from beetle, mark the island on the map and continue :p

Got stuck in the 2nd Fungeon in Link's Awakening. Literally had no idea that you had to clear the room of the monsters in a specific order.

Yeah, I was stucked in Ocarina of Time until I finished it and now I'm stucked in Twilight Princess! xD

Oh gawd. . . Okay, this is rather embarrassing. XD
It was in Skyward Sword, on the first official dungeon. I was looking around for some switch to open up a door in one of the first rooms. It took me around five hours to find something that was literally just beneath my feet.
I would've gone and got a game guide or something, but I have a major fanboy rule against using guides in my two favorite series. (Being Kingdom Hearts and Zelda)

The original Zelda was just pure hell for me, it took me about 20 days to finish without a guide. . . >-<
i got stuck on the first dungeon to and it was all because of a stupid spider always hitting me.twilight princess there is only one part that my a button doesn't work.

Yeah, I was stucked in Ocarina of Time until I finished it and now I'm stucked in Twilight Princess! xD
dodongo's cavern is so hard!i was stuck on twilight princess but there is one part the a button won't work and that's how i got stuck.>->

Reactions: Rockback
dodongo's cavern is so hard!i was stuck on twilight princess but there is one part the a button won't work and that's how i got stuck.>->

Wow, dodongo's cavern was insane, it takes me a very very long time, serious, and after all, I get a bug and reset for do it all again, oh gosh, at the second time was somewhat easier, but I wasn't patience and I get some break before finish, but I did it! haha

I'm scared to go in there because im going to go berserk the 100th time i die

There have been several dungeons where I don't know what to do at all. There's just some stuff that I have never thought of before, and some of it is glaringly obvious. Sometimes, I don't/can't progress through the story because there's some thing that you just have to do (think about the Zora that couldn't swim in Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds)

Remember Forsaken Fortress from Wind Waker? I hate that place.

Reactions: Rockback
Yes I used to get stuck alot in Ocarina of Time and then I would google for the answers and at that time I wouldn't mind . Now that I finished Ocarina of Time and wanted to finish the Master Quest without a guide so that was really a challenge . I would get stuck in every single part of the dungeons . But then there was the good part , If there is one thing about getting stuck is that that feeling of when you figure out the puzzle . It really gives a good experience of the game and I would suggest this to absolutely anyone who likes Zelda games. You should see for yourself;)

tbh i loved the forest temple in oot i have to say the forest temple in oot

The places in Zelda I got stuck in was in a Link to the Past:Turtle Rock,and OoT:Water Temple. .-. Compared to every place I've been through in most of the games I've played,those two are the ones that gave me the most grief,lol. XD

Well, the classic, I've been stuck in the Water Temple in OoT the first time I did it when I was a kid... In ALBW I didn't immediately understood the back and forth I had to do between some areas of the game so I've been stuck a bit there.

I think in Phantom Hourglass, it took me a while to understand that I needed to put my DS in sleep mode to "print" the map.

Reactions: P2.0
I got majorly stuck on one Legend of Zelda Game. Took me months before I finally broke down and looked at a walkthrough. It was Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventure for Gamecube. The maze thing where you had to keep falling through holes and hitting switches. I kept forgetting to unlink from the other well um... Links. and they would all fall. Like I said I finally broke down and cheated on that one.

Yeah... When I finally got to the Water Temple on OoT 3D, I went to ZeldaDungeon to see what their walkthrough had to say about it. After that, though, beating it has been no problem. :)

I got stuck in Ocarina of time because The game glitched out and refused to give me Ice Arrows. Yes, the now-I-totally-realize-are-useless Ice arrows, but the completionist in me was too upset to go on. Other than That I've got stuck because in Ocarina I always just got the dungeon item and left, which lead to hilarity when I tried to find out how far I'd gotten when I redid the temple.

Back