Mario Kart Mario Kart - Blue, red, or green shell?

• Thread starter Hissae2
  • Start date
Hissae2

Hissae2

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
Which is your favourite?

I prefer the red shells. You can aim them at people, get three of them at once, and you can use them as defense, unlike the blue shells. I like the blue shells too but not so much when I'm in first. :p I generally don't ever fire the green shells and just use them as defense, because when I do use them they rarely hit anyone and often bounce off the wall and hit me lol.

Reactions: KEWYoda and 3dsatackman
Same here, I love to get the Triple Red shells because its most of the time a guaranteed hit. I like to get the Blue Shells when I am in 3rd or 4th place, but hate it when first. The green shells (to me) is kinda lame, I never land a hit with the green shell, so like you ,I use it for defense, and when I launch a green shell I always end up trying to dodge it or end up getting hit, so my opinion is the same as yours :). My favorite is the Red Shells overall :D

Reactions: KEWYoda
Nothing beats the red shell.

Nothing beats the red shell.
Except the blue, :p Why go for "before me" Joe when there's "first place" Eddy? :giggle:

Reactions: 18
Especially in Battle mode, red shells ftw :D

The blue shell is great for trolling the person that is in first place, but my favorite has to be the red shells.

The blue shell is great for trolling the person that is in first place, but my favorite has to be the red shells.
In multiplayer the blue shell is hurtful, I hate when the person who is playing with him me wait until I reach first place to burst the blue bomb on me.

Blue shell all the way! Great for gaining an unexpected victory at the last moment...on the flipside though, it can cause a lot of rage when you're on the receiving end of one lol

Blue shell all the way! Great for gaining an unexpected victory at the last moment...on the flipside though, it can cause a lot of rage when you're on the receiving end of one lol
It does, especially when you are so close to the finish line and someone is very close behind you.

Isn't that what mario kart is about :D :D Having fun and ruining friendship? xD

Isn't that what mario kart is about :D :D Having fun and ruining friendship? xD
No. that's what Mario Kart AND Mario Party is for lol multiplayer Mario is for rage in general lol

I prefer the red shell cause it automatically knocks out the person right in front of you and also the blue shell cause it so giant and it knocks out the first player lol

Which is your favourite?

I prefer the red shells. You can aim them at people, get three of them at once, and you can use them as defense, unlike the blue shells. I like the blue shells too but not so much when I'm in first. :p I generally don't ever fire the green shells and just use them as defense, because when I do use them they rarely hit anyone and often bounce off the wall and hit me lol.
Red shells are most efficient I must say , but the blue shell is a rare encounter , though I prefer red shells as it's common to get.

now that I think of it I think the blue shell because if your in second place and you have a blue shell you use your brake then throw the shell and you will be in first place :D

now that I think of it I think the blue shell because if your in second place and you have a blue shell you use your brake then throw the shell and you will be in first place :D
but if you brake, what might happen is that someone overtakes you because you slowed down, and thus you end up not getting 1st :p

I'd say the green ones because they are less predictable and just as useful if used correctly.

I do prefer blue one, because its such a cheat for me :mad:
but never got to try one since usually I stays in front (yepp, I'm the one being abused)

Buuttt, green shell do have its purpose too, I can easily defeat a coming red shell with a green one :p

Green Shells: Especially in Mario Kart 64 because they basically last for ever until hitting certain objects and racers...I like to actually make an aim for a racer in front of me and time the green shell throw just right, NOT using it when I'm pretty much tail-gating the target and its not really skillful or as satisfying. Blocking red shells with these are a given.

Red Shells: I like em', but they aren't anything worth being my favorite...they're pretty much a guaranteed hit and that's vital to actually using them as an offensive item.

Blue Shell: I like it, they take out the 1st place and spinning out anyone close by with the radius of the blast. Not my favorite, its just a sure-fire way to keep 1st place from always being 1st place.

Triple red shells because they have auto aiming and it's a sure hit so in other words, it's like cheating :D

Red Shells are of course better than Green Shells, bit I still prefer Green Shells, because I feel way better when I hit someone with a Green Shell rather than with a Red Shell, it feels just more like an 'achievement' :p

Reactions: KEWYoda
Back