Mario Kart Mario Kart - Blue, red, or green shell?

• Thread starter Hissae2
  • Start date
I always enjoyed smoking the person in first place with a blue shell ;D it gave all the other racers a chance to catch up to the lead if he's like way ahead! It brought what no other racing game has, which is the aspect of fairness ;) (I also liked the green shells, and how they were so random and you never knew when you would get hit by one ;P) shells are the best prizes in the game for sure!!

I prefer the triple red shells because it's easier to hit people when they ahead of you.

I love Green Shells just because they give you a challenge when aiming.

Which is your favourite?

I prefer the red shells. You can aim them at people, get three of them at once, and you can use them as defense, unlike the blue shells. I like the blue shells too but not so much when I'm in first. :p I generally don't ever fire the green shells and just use them as defense, because when I do use them they rarely hit anyone and often bounce off the wall and hit me lol.
My favorite is the Blue shell, is such a trolling shell that is really useful near the end of the race, throw the shell and i can her the player going: NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! so that i can laugh like a crazy guy, red shell are the best to home those players that are hard to pass, green shell goes with MLG since it can be useful to hit someone from behind, shoot them blindly,etc. all of the shells are good.

It's kinda hard to know what i like the most. Red and blue probably. Red because it's my favorite color and blue because its the most effective for me

Blue, because, come on, who doesn't like trolling people with that evil shell? You're in first, when all of a sudden, you look down. Beep beep beep beep beep! There is a blue shell headed ROGHT for your car. You speed up, trying not to get hit, but, alas, you get hit inches before the finish line. Three cars whiz by, followed by numbers four and five. You lose not only the race, but the whole cup. You scream in anger, but to no avail...loss...

I prefer green shells, because unlike red and blue shells which require no effort to take out your rivals, green shells actually require accuracy and make me feel proud of myself for taking out an enemy. All you have to do with red and blue shells is click the L or X button.

My favorite would be the Red Shell in terms of how useful it is :p Auto-targeting makes it rather useful in lots of situations and the Triple Red Shell is very devastating, though Red Shells can be easily cancelled out with a Banana or Green Shell.

Blue Shells aren't particularly useful much only to hit the one in first place. It takes some skill to hit with a Green Shell, but when it does hit, it's very satisfying :D

Red shells are for sure my favorite because they in on any one near you and not just 1st place green is my least favorite. the one problem I have with blue shells is when I am in 2nd place use a blue shell then take the lead.

i like red shells because it homes onto the closest person or the person that's one place ahead of you.but when there's lots of people beside you and you want a specific target for it to lock on?That doesn't go to well but if your lucky it'll hit that person.but all the shells are there for a unique reason.but my favorite is red,then blue,and green.

If I'm the one getting shot: Green Shell
If I'm the one throwing it: Red Shell
If I'm defending with it: Green Shell (Sometimes you get multiple).

The Blue Shell was designed to be a troll for those in first place, and it is amazing to see someone blow up in the horizon with the glorious blue shell. The Red Shell is better, since it can hit anything infront of you, unless they manage to block it or dodge it, which defeats the purpose of the item.

First off, Green Shells are incredibly useful if you practice throwing them, I for one never miss with them and I may even troll others by having 3 green ones ricochet in the walls blocking everyone but me!:D Also, they can block Red Shells and also get rid of bananas. Next up is the Red Shell, which homes into the guy in front of you (but for some reason NPCs somehow block all of them by jumping, no item). HOWEVER, if you are in the lead, they are terrible, mainly because the homing hit ONLY works when thrown in front. When you throw them behind you, the hit far less than green ones and also travel for a considerably shorter distance! Finally, the Blue Shell, great when close to first, disastrous when 1st and you have it. If you are first though and you don't have one, like all items, it can be avoided. In the end, the best is the one that fits most in your case, with the Green Shell being the most useful on average.

The red shells are my favorite . The red shells recently have been more precise and accurate. Before if someone was way ahead of you the red shell will never make it, but it will definitely track them down.

Green Shells take a lot more skill to use. Bonus if you catch someone with the ricochet. Me and a friend had a lot of fun trying to hit each other from behind with them. Red Shells are good when you catch someone with no items. Blue Shells are for when you want to ruin someone's day.

Green Shells hands down.

Red Shells were fun only on Super Mario Kart for the SNES because they could actually MISS. Of course, they still could to a decent degree on the 64, but from then on, they were pretty much blue shells that, instead of attacking first place, attacked whoever was in front of you, which really defeats the purpose of them being red shells.

I hope red shells aren't as cheap anymore on the Wii.

I like red shells because they are fast and really accurate in many races.

Red shells partially because they're my favorite color and partially because they would actually hit their target and didn't take as much precision aiming like the green shells do. Blue shells would be a close second if I need to cause some havoc to get into first place. It's always great to hit a bunch of people with it and zoom past them. xDD

Green shells are pretty useful for blocking red shells though, so I like them for that.

Blue Shell can cause first place trouble, but you can't control it. Triple Red Shells are the best and easiest to strategize with. It's easy to hit opponents, and it also can be used as a shield, something the Blue Shell can't do. Although, it's so satisfying when you land a hit with a green shell. Red Shells 2 op pls nerf

I prefer the 3-red shell, since it's the best of both 'defensive shell' & 'offensive shell' worlds--most of the time I'll keep shells as defensive until I'm close to another item generator, then I'll launch the shells I have left at someone in front of me and grab the new item.
Greens stay defensive and mostly just get wasted when I want to take another item, and blues, well I feel like a cheap jerk if I get them and I dislike using them almost as much as I dislike other peeps using them when I'm in front of them x3. I just toss them instantly to get rid of them.

Back