Mario Kart Mario Kart - Blue, red, or green shell?

• Thread starter Hissae2
  • Start date
haha i like every shell i get cause they all give me a boost in the battle :p
lol i like triple red cause its auto aim - green cause its more of a challenge + its good at ramming and blue shell cause its

BOOM !

I don't like Blue Shells because as they come past they can knock your kart over... :( I like Red Shells because they relentlessly pursue their target :p and Green Shells are okay, but not very good because they don't really do anything except get in the way. :p But occasionally you could get lucky and one of the Green Shells hits one of the other karts... But apart from that I don't know what they're good for... :(

Hey, I've just had an idea. Maybe in Mario Kart 8 ( I'm not going to get it though, because I don't have a Wii U. The only reason that I would buy a Wii U is if the next Animal Crossing comes out on it, which it probably will. The other day I saw an advert on TV for a Wii U bundle with Mario Kart 8 and a Bullet Bill T-shirt. My dad doesn't care about the Wii U though, he would just want the Bullet Bill top :p. I told him that you could probably buy it on eBay or Amazon somewhere, because people will have probably bought the bundle just for the Wii U and they don't want the top, so they just sell it.) there could be a new type of shell (the Yellow Shell) that spits out coins! I would write an email to Nintendo about it, but it's in the game already probably. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the blue shell. if you are a safe distance away, you can completely disorient your enemies' sense of direction for a while. The tri-green shells are also good, They are not meant for shooting, but you can use them as defense.

I like the blue shell. if you are a safe distance away, you can completely disorient your enemies' sense of direction for a while. The tri-green shells are also good, They are not meant for shooting, but you can use them as defense.
Oh, so that's what the green shells are for! :p

Oh, so that's what the green shells are for! :p
Yes, that's why :) I hardly ever get a hit with the green shells, so just drive around with them and bump into enemies :p

Yes, that's why :) I hardly ever get a hit with the green shells, so just drive around with them and bump into enemies :p
Haha :p

Reactions: 532
Hey, I've just had an idea. Maybe in Mario Kart 8 there could be a new type of shell (the Yellow Shell) that spits out coins! I would write an email to Nintendo about it, but it's in the game already probably. :p
Sounds like a great item for kart racers without coins. It would work like a red shell and would leave a trail of coins behind it. It could change the outcome of races (like the trademark blue shell).

Sounds like a great item for kart racers without coins. It would work like a red shell and would leave a trail of coins behind it. It could change the outcome of races (like the trademark blue shell).
And they could maybe add a new mechanic: the racer with the most coins wins. And then you could buy new upgrades for your kart with the coins.

The blue shell is the best one in all of Mario Kart because it can hit other carts as well as hitting someone at 1st place.

The blue shell is the best one in all of Mario Kart because it can hit other carts as well as hitting someone at 1st place.
Yes. Oh, the times when I've been in 2nd place and the blue shell explodes on me too... Or I get hit by it as it's going past, and it puts me at 8th place or something like that, and this is the last race in the cup, and I haven't been doing so good, so if I lose this race I lose the whole cup and have to play again... :p Sorry for rambling on. :p

They all have their good and bad. Blues are horrible if you are in the front, but nice if you are in the middle and they help you take the lead. Reds are nice to get, but it sucks when the person behind you gets triple reds and you only have 1 or 2 items to stop them. Greens take skill to hit someone, but if you miss chances are it'll bounce back and hit you at some point. Also, people like the spam them which is annoying.

Red. What's better than knocking out your opponents? Blue well...only hits the first player. No fun. And Green, well, my shots aren't that good. xD

I'm with Red on this one.

Red. What's better than knocking out your opponents? Blue well...only hits the first player. No fun. And Green, well, my shots aren't that good. xD

I'm with Red on this one.
Why red? The blue one hits harder and they also make the car flip over, whereas the red one makes the enemies kart just go spinning. Green is not meant to be used for shooting, if you get the 3 green shells, Do not shoot them. Anyone who comes in contact with you will slide away, like a defense system.

I just don't like the fact that the blue shell hits one player. It's a huge blow, but I prefer to have 3 red shells to hit 3 racers in front of you. Much more effective.

I just don't like the fact that the blue shell hits one player. It's a huge blow, but I prefer to have 3 red shells to hit 3 racers in front of you. Much more effective.
Well, you get the red shells mostly one at a time, so that makes upfor it.
PS: If you want to reply to my reply , Click the reply button in the bottom left corner.

Red shells are the best, unless you're extremely skilled with green shells. Blue shells are just an annoyance that ruin a somewhat skill based item system into a luck party.

I just played Mario Kart Wii. Last lap, at 4th place! Last ítem boxes, and, guess what I got? TRIPLE RED SHELLS TO THE RESCUE! I got the 3 people in front of me, and won! All thanks to the red shells :)

Blue shells may be awesome to use, but really annoying at times to get attacked with. We all know that.
Green shells are also great, especially if you get that awesome skill shot, but less useful and cool tan the Red one, in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Triple red shells are OP now that I think about it.

Reactions: Brawlkuriboh
Triple red shells are OP now that I think about it.
They can really get you out of a jam. Green shells may protect you, and give you a place ahead if you aim right, and the blue shells may attack first place, but the red Shell can do both protect you, and hit the person in front of you with an almost perfect shot. Let alone having three of those.

Green shells aren't bad if you're surrounded by targets, but their usefulness is a bit limited. Red shells are great, but I don't get too many hits with them since pretty much everyone has bananas on their tails 24/7. Blue shells are my favorite because it's very hard to escape so you have an almost guaranteed hit. I don't like it though when 1st Place drops behind me and we either both get hit or he just goes back into the lead while I drop down to like 6th or 7th :rage:

Back