• Go to the classic (amiibo)

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Go with the Joy (con)

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Trow a coin for me (random)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it an option to change the color of that dragon in the background? Because if it is then we could come up with some interesting color combinations.
But if we can't, then I'm fine with that.

E
Is it an option to change the color of that dragon in the background? Because if it is then we could come up with some interesting color combinations.
But if we can't, then I'm fine with that.
Everything is changeable

That is the idea for the discussion. If it helps I will change the font to look more closer to the original logo.
I have the font used for the eShop logo too for example: (used similar one by accident, pressed up >.>)
View attachment 16301

dea9fe8c-3bd7-4da9-9a49-9a9cff266243
xLvtjLk.png
I like this logo the most but the only thing you could possibly do is put the letters a little bit below the Dragon :)

I wanted to wait a week to see if anyone else joined but well.
Here are both versions based in feedback!
Variation 1.jpg Variation 2.jpg

Reactions: MindzEye
Of the two, the top one's the one for me. Very nice. ^~^
(Hey, what is this dragon anyway? I've been staring at it with blank recognition.)

(Hey, what is this dragon anyway? I've been staring at it with blank recognition.)
I believe it's a Fire Emblem thing, but I can't speak for sure.

As for the logo, the new one on the top looks really nice, good work!

Reactions: MindzEye

It is from Fire Emblem Awakening :D

It is from Fire Emblem Awakening :D

Why tho

It doesn't really fit with the theme of the site or the logo at all, plus it's an old game. Most people won't know what it's from

Why tho

It doesn't really fit with the theme of the site or the logo at all, plus it's an old game. Most people won't know what it's from
Don't get me wrong with any design theme is critical however, there will it seems more for filling negative space rather than show theme. Besides, were are a diverse enough community that we can honestly let a common fit theme slip a little.

Don't get me wrong with any design theme is critical however, there will it seems more for filling negative space rather than show theme. Besides, were are a diverse enough community that we can honestly let a common fit theme slip a little.

Ehh, even if it were to fill out negative space, you can just move the amiibo thingies closer, I think this looks better: Nintenpedia.jpg

You could even have it be something topical at the time, like this:

Nintenpedia2.jpg

(obviously I made this very quickly but you get the idea)

Reactions: Starry Windy and etrian_warrior
If you were to go the route of changing the image alongside the logo, I'd go with something that'd have lasting relevance.
Maybe like Mario's hat or something. Anything that's iconic and closely associated with Nintendo.

Reactions: PrimordialMew24
I think I'd pick the top one. Slimmer is better in a way, for sure.

Speaking of changing the image, I think that would be better to have the logo shuffled to anything tied to Nintendo franchise/IPs so that you see different feel of logo every time you visit here in Pedia. For example, you may spot Kirby, Mario (and the variation with the hat from Odyssey), Samus, Pikachu, Link, or even an occasional Wario just for the sake of it :p I bet it would look great in some way. But this is still under a condition that the images shuffled are SFW, for sure.

Reactions: etrian_warrior
Why tho

It doesn't really fit with the theme of the site or the logo at all

The game was a favorite of the site when the original logo was made. Also it was a 3ds game.

(To the rest)
I don't mind doing several versions with different characters. After all, we moved to upgrading the logo to change it for the best!

@Marc Notice me senpai. How can we do the characters thing?

@Marc Notice me senpai. How can we do the characters thing?
Eh, surprise me. I'm all in for anything that looks good and the community likes.

Eh, surprise me. I'm all in for anything that looks good and the community likes.

In that case I will do a couple of images based in this year's releases.

I'd prefer the official "Nintendo" font. The one used in the official logo.

I'd prefer the official "Nintendo" font. The one used in the official logo.

*Sonic voice*
Long time no see!

I guess I can make a special logo with the Nintendo logo for special dates... like their anniversary

*Sonic voice*
Long time no see!

I guess I can make a special logo with the Nintendo logo for special dates... like their anniversary
Long time, indeed. Just make one with official fonts. I'd like to see.

Note: Got a busy week. Doing it likely this night or tomorrow. Sorry for delay.

Okay, here are the 3 as comparison. @dilawer

01.png 02.png 03.png

Back