• Go to the classic (amiibo)

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Go with the Joy (con)

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Trow a coin for me (random)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My vote goes to the Nintendo Pedia With JoyCons logo. It looks more professional than the combined designed one. It appears that the Joycons in this logo look out of place (text should stay as normal, no icons/images). Nice work by the way! :cat:

Last edited:
EDIT: Unless the Joycon design was a design that won a contest. Welp, nevermind then.

What contest? There were only eleven votes made, and it sure feels like there are a lot more than eleven people on this whole site. (I voted uncertain 'cause I didn't know what to expect. Now that I see it, I'm changing my vote to amibo whiskers.)

I politely demand a re-count now that we can see both contenders!

What contest? There were only eleven votes made, and it sure feels like there are a lot more than eleven people on this whole site. (I voted uncertain 'cause I didn't know what to expect. Now that I see it, I'm changing my vote to amibo whiskers.)

I politely demand a re-count now that we can see both contenders!

A misread on my part. I thought the design of the Joycon itself (specifically the differences to the Switch Logo) was done in a contest instead of the the Joycon being one of two different design options. Regardless I still stand by the notion that the Joycon design is best left simple like the Switch logo rather than complicating it with those shoulder buttons.

A misread on my part. I thought the design of the Joycon itself (specifically the differences to the Switch Logo) was done in a contest instead of the the Joycon being one of two different design options. Regardless I still stand by the notion that the Joycon design is best left simple like the Switch logo rather than complicating it with those shoulder buttons.
I still say it's a mess of color and the whole community should vote on the issue. A single color would be fine: either matching the dragon, or removing the dragon and going with a different color. Heck, I'd even like black outlines of joycons better than red and blue "I'm colorfully diverse!" Joycons.

Look, I just don't want this place to look like a cringey wiki-page, alright? Nothing else I've done has helped, all I can do is talk.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I personally dont like the joy con design,and i still dont get the dragon

This pinged on the SB and I still dislike it. The Joycons alone are fine, albeit the colors are too bright. The Amibo whiskers are fine, as they are where we started. Putting them together is too much of a fine thing and makes the logo look amateurish and attention-grabby. "Look at me! I got Amibo dealies and joycons! I know erethang about Nintenmo!"

Can we not just be simpler and use one of the two? Aren't we mature enough to know where to stop with the decorations?
If we cannot, I just know I'm switching to the more low-key and traditional old 3DS label when the time comes.

I prefer the last one this is my favorite of them
IMG_0403.PNG

Reactions: Tri-force64
I just redid the combined logo with shorter I-s :

nintenpedia logo resized.png

Idk if people would be able to tell they're "i-s" when first visiting the site.

Nintenpedia page with Joycons.png I can see the issue some people would have with just the joycons. It blends in too well with the blue of the whole site. It isn't as flashy when the only color standing out is red.
I dunno
something just seems off about it...

Reactions: Marc
something just seems off about it...
The joycons just don't sit right with me .-.

This is the combined design I modified a bit (shortened the two "i") :

7uCMiiL.png

Reactions: Mikaya, Starry Windy and Tri-force64

7uCMiiL.png
Oh yes! This looks way better!

Reactions: Fantivity

7uCMiiL.png

This looks pretty good, the icons actually fit in with the rest of the text well. Keeping the Amiibo design is a plus. Nice job on this! ^-^

This looks pretty good, the icons actually fit in with the rest of the text well. Nice job on this! ^-^
The credit goes to @ErixSan. I just shortened parts of the image.

Reactions: ErixSan and Mikaya

7uCMiiL.png

Yes. This logo looks the most fine of all the other logos I've seen throughout the thread; doesn't looked off or weirdly bracketed or anything like that. Even though the Switch is still kinda new and I'm assuming that some people here still don't have it (like me) it still matches the new name of the site.

marcasdfghjkl; xP

For now I'm setting up the latest logo. Going to add the option to switch back to the old one later.

Reactions: Starry Windy, Tri-force64 and Mikaya
For now I'm setting up the latest logo. Going to add the option to switch back to the old one later.
Hurry up with that btw.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Sorry for getting off in the final touches. Between some work and now that I just finished moving to another place I had no time to check here.

Also, nice work everyone!
We have a nice logo up there.

Back