• Go to the classic (amiibo)

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Go with the Joy (con)

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Trow a coin for me (random)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a part 2 (I did this really quickly) is if we do something like this would work for the several characters, as having to vectorize each single one would take a lot of time:

01.png
02.png

First one looks solid. Still, I don't think we should be changing our name.

Yeah, about the name, I have nothing to do >.>

I liked this one better than the rest of the previous suggestions:
variation-1-mobile-png.16301

An idea I came up with is to have Nintendo Switch Joycons instead of the amiibo/N3DS things.
It could look roughly like this:
a4KzitJ.png
or this:
50Sa1UE.png
Sorry these aren't the best quality >.< They're just some rough designs I threw together.

Maybe you could replace the dragon with this
tE2xF2z.png
Just some suggestions I had in mind :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Skyshaymin and PrimordialMew24
I wanted to wait a week to see if anyone else joined but well.
Here are both versions based in feedback!
View attachment 16363 View attachment 16364

An idea I came up with is to have Nintendo Switch Joycons instead of the amiibo/N3DS things.
a4KzitJ.png
or this:
50Sa1UE.png
Sorry these aren't the best quality >.< They're just some rough designs I threw together.

tE2xF2z.png

@ErixSan I like the font of the font on the image 16363 best. I also love @Leviathinian 's idea to incorporate the Switch. I'm assuming the site's logo can be changed periodically, for instance holidays/seasons, special site occasions and game/system releases.

What I don't like is the two tone color red and blue it's too busy. I think the logo should all be one color like the Nintendo logo is.

Other than that I think the new logo/name ideas are great!

Maybe like a Nintenpedia sandwich?

Attachments

• Nintenpedia Logo test.png
    Nintenpedia Logo test.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Nintenpedia Logo test 2.png
    Nintenpedia Logo test 2.png
    132 KB · Views: 2
  • Nintenpedia Logo test 3.png
    Nintenpedia Logo test 3.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Skyshaymin
For those that doesn't know me, my name is Eric. Most of you may recognize me for being the top poster despite of being inactive since around 2014 :panda:

To make it short, I was part of the staff long time ago and the creator of the current logo of the site. Now that the site is getting a new name, it is time to update it right?

Well, here it is:
DDR0tFS.png

PrC5uys.png

The idea for this thread is to make a discussion: what changes do you want on it.
As I don't see a lot of enthusiasm I decided to limit myself to the logo's design for now.
Hmmm is the name even official yet :/ if it isn't then why make a new one without a official name
I agree with dilawer

*sigh* Ok but In my mind it will still be 3ds pedia

As a part 2 (I did this really quickly) is if we do something like this would work for the several characters, as having to vectorize each single one would take a lot of time:

View attachment 16384
View attachment 16385
I didn't expected them to be vectorized and in blue color of all things, but I might like it much more if Pikachu in the sample image kept its yellow color just like we always know of. So I think it would be nice if the dragon image of Fire Emblem will stay blue, while the Nintendo characters are in their usual colors.

Btw, you can vectorize the characters if you want, as long as you're making it nice and well if you happened to have the time and all, and you can compare if blue shading or usual colors are much nicer :)

Keep in mind that this is just my opinion talking, though.

I like the design with the Nintendo Switch Joycons at the end. Or perhaps we can include consoles or items into the name for the lettering? Such as the "i" being a Wii or the "o" being the Wii Wheel or the coin from Mario? But whatever we choose, it will be fantastic! :3

Hmmm is the name even official yet :/ if it isn't then why make a new one without a official name
I agree with dilawer
It is official, but not sure when @Marc will buy the new domain.

a4KzitJ.png
or this:
50Sa1UE.png

tE2xF2z.png

Well, it is something we can do.

Maybe like a Nintenpedia sandwich?

That one won't be possible. The space of the logo is limited, and doing that will make it busy and hard to read >.>

I didn't expected them to be vectorized and in blue color of all things, but I might like it much more if Pikachu in the sample image kept its yellow color just like we always know of. So I think it would be nice if the dragon image of Fire Emblem will stay blue, while the Nintendo characters are in their usual colors.

Having the characters having different colors is more than possible, so we can do that.

I like the design with the Nintendo Switch Joycons at the end. Or perhaps we can include consoles or items into the name for the lettering? Such as the "i" being a Wii or the "o" being the Wii Wheel or the coin from Mario? But whatever we choose, it will be fantastic! :3

Not enough space for that, and will make the logo too busy.

Fast new ver as an example as time is getting short
1.png
1.png

Reactions: 18, Starry Windy, bobby wobby and 2 others
Fast new ver as an example as time is getting short
View attachment 16400
View attachment 16400

Nice, I like it! I just used some image resizing and inspect element to figure out what it would look like on the front page. For those of your wondering...
gIYDkIc.jpg

I think it fits with the new, more organized theme Pedia has now.

I don't like the pikachu the dragon was just fine
The pikachu looks weird in the image Levi has

I don't like the pikachu the dragon was just fine
The pikachu looks weird in the image Levi has

The request was to have different characters, so there will be many variations

Reactions: bobby wobby
The request was to have different characters, so there will be many variations

What about mario

Reactions: bobby wobby
Back