Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Trow a coin for me (random)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like the idea of the tri force
Yea,but I think mario(being the face of nintendo)would be good

Yea,but I think mario(being the face of nintendo)would be good
I don't care if he's King Kong I think any Nintendo character MARIO pikachu any of them make it look weird

eh.... after Levi posted that the pikachu is a no no

Since some liked the idea to keep the amiibo and others to use the JoyCons, I added a poll that will end in one week.
I will do a batch of logos with different characters once we know the results! :D

Like I'm okay with the Pikachu and all but don't any of you think the Switch is fudging hideous

like we went with NintenPedia mainly so that we wouldn't have to be SwitchPedia since Switch is a disasterpiece if there ever was one

So why the heck would you want to adopt the Switch design for your logo anyway?

Reactions: bobby wobby
Like I'm okay with the Pikachu and all but don't any of you think the Switch is fudging hideous

like we went with NintenPedia mainly so that we wouldn't have to be SwitchPedia since Switch is a disasterpiece if there ever was one

I agree,the nintendo switch is absolutely horrible,I hate the joycon design.Id like to see Mario but anything is better than the joycon

Because I agreed with Marc to let the community have a part of the new logo >.>
(aka why the poll is now open)

Reactions: spagooti
Personally, I may like it better if having amiibo instead of Joycons atm, because I think amiibo is still relevant to all three current Nintendo consoles (3DS, Wii U and Switch), so I voted for the classic one. Plus, it seems that Joycon in the Pedia logo looks off for me, but then, it's just my preference talking though.

Reactions: ErixSan and Marc
I just got a small idea, why not both?

The amiibo will stay in ther place, and the Joycon will be the both "i" in Nintendo Pedia. Everyone is happy.

I just got a small idea, why not both?

The amiibo will stay in ther place, and the Joycon will be the both "i" in Nintendo Pedia. Everyone is happy.

I think thatll work

That might be a good idea, but I'm wondering if three options is fine or not. But if it's possible, I can imagine the first option is for those who still want the 3DS Pedia name, the second for the current one (Nintenpedia) with amiibo, and the last one that comes with Joycons.

Reactions: Tri-force64
That might be a good idea, but I'm wondering if three options is fine or not. But if it's possible, I can imagine the first option is for those who still want the 3DS Pedia name, the second for the current one (Nintenpedia) with amiibo, and the last one that comes with Joycons.

That may be actually a possibility, by offering users to choose to view 3DS Pedia or Nintendo Pedia

Sorry for the delay guys (mostly you @Marc)
Not that it took me time to do it, I just got busy since I'm moving soon making me distracted.

Okay, the JoyCon design has won the contest so here are below the two ideas:
Dragon is kept as an example

Nintendo Pedia With JoyCons
01.png
01.png

Nintendo Pedia With Combined Design
02.png
02.png

Oh, and one thing!

It is highly likely there will be the option to see either NintenPedia or 3DSPedia versions!
However I have two questions about this version as the different letter size requires a different placement:
1. Original color text or black only?
2. Keep it classic or add the JoyCon anyways?

Basically keep it original as it is now (but in HD!) or change the logo too.

Reactions: 18 and Tri-force64
I was thinking, the little space between the P and D makes it better for the JoyCons instead of the "i"s, olus make it more "switch"themed

03.png
03.png

I should think of a way to make it even more obvious though

Ok. Now that I've seen it, I really don't like the joycons anywhere on the logo. No offense, they just put too much color on a subtle approach.

I like this one better than the rest:
01-png.16450

The other ones seem a little too busy, and the joycon controllers don't make a very good p or d. >.<
I think black text is best for the design, but it could maybe also work with the right colors.
I think having the joycons instead of the amiibo things are the way to go. Most people wouldn't recognize the amiibo thingimadoodles unless you pointed them out, but people are much more likely to recognize the joycon controllers.

I was thinking, the little space between the P and D makes it better for the JoyCons instead of the "i"s, olus make it more "switch"themed

View attachment 16452
View attachment 16452

I should think of a way to make it even more obvious though

I like the second logo out of these two! (the combined one) Keep the original combined one in my opinion it looks nicer and neater as the second combined one looks out of place and makes the word look weird.

Thats just my opinion! either way they are still both nice great job! :cat:

2w591.gif

To at least make something constructive of this post, adding the shoulder pads to the Joycons isn't exactly needed IMO. Making them as simple as they are in the Switch logo should be fine (unless the difference is intended to prevent legal ramifications.)

EDIT: Unless the Joycon design was a design that won a contest. Welp, nevermind then.

I think the joycons replacing the amibo squiggles is the best one. The others just look a bit...tacky. And I think the text should stay black. Other colors might work but black goes with pretty much everything.

For the first combined design, could you try making the joycons shorter to match with the other common letters in the name?

Back