Moon/Sun Pokemon Sun and Moon Announced (Discussion Thread)

• Thread starter TheYESDragon
  • Start date
Will Pokemon Sun and Moon have new Pokemon?
Answer me guys.plz

Last edited by a moderator:
gallery-1457040997-screen-shot-2016-03-03-at-204611.png

This wireframe seen in the announcement trailer is clearly a new Pokemon so the answer to your question is yes.

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon will have new Pokemon, just like every generation. In the teaser, they hinted us with the wireframe of a new Pokemon (as posted above). There is also a leaked list (real or fake idk). So, yes, there will be new Pokemon in Sun and Moon

Yup. Its a new Generation and its gonna have have brand new pokemans :D (ik Pokemon lmao)

They hinted us with a picture or wireframe as posted above. That wireframe Pokemon is believed to be the national bird of that region, like Fletchling from Kalos. And as @Charizard1710 said about the list, it was later confirmed fake :)

I agree with @Marc I love new gens because theyre are more pokemon to explore and develop new movesets for. Which helps the game avoid being stale. The remakes are just for a new story no real changes in online/competitive battling really. Yes I do like the story beating all 8 gyms defeating the elite 4 champion ect. but, the biggest reason that i buy a new pokemon game is for the new pokemon and seeing how they can effect the meta game.

The two games are going to be based on Hawaiian culture. If you take a closer look at the vehicles you will notice that the license plate resembles the plates in Hawaii and the color fire truck that Blastoise is in is yellow which is the color of fire trucks in Hawaii. The new Pokemon are also going to be mostly tropical based Pokémon (ex: dolphin, humming bird, palm tree grass type, etc.). Both the Dolphin and Hummingbird Pokémon has been confirmed as the new water and fire starters not sure what the new grass is. I am so pumped for these games and I love how they are expanding to include American cultures in the games as well as Hawaiian. The games come out the end of 2016 so get ready for a Pokémon Christmas.

Of course! Its a new generation of pokemon and every new generation intergrates at least a few new pokemon. Theyre have been leeks that everyone have been talking about that include all the new pokemon! And even if you dont believe the leaks you can just take a look at the teaser and you can see that pokemon sun and moon have a new bird that will be on the first route. Its right there!

A lot of plausible theories going around the lunatone solrock mega/new evolution theory the burst theory Japan theory but since I don't think anyone's talked about that I'll say it (I think) pkmn RéBurst is a manga targeted at the older audiences (I'll try not to spoil but I might) in it there is a mechanic called burst evolution that uses a strong bond between trainers to merge them together (I think that's with the Ash greninja) and improve their power together in the Japanese title there is a crystal thing which could suggest that this could lead on to the mega thing in XY in the title also there was talk about merging pkmn in the screenshots that a man talked about again maybe incorporating burst evolution. But hey that's just a theory a GAME THEORY <insert matpat here>

Reactions: neirden
A lot of plausible theories going around the lunatone solrock mega/new evolution theory the burst theory Japan theory but since I don't think anyone's talked about that I'll say it (I think) pkmn RéBurst is a manga targeted at the older audiences (I'll try not to spoil but I might) in it there is a mechanic called burst evolution that uses a strong bond between trainers to merge them together (I think that's with the Ash greninja) and improve their power together in the Japanese title there is a crystal thing which could suggest that this could lead on to the mega thing in XY in the title also there was talk about merging pkmn in the screenshots that a man talked about again maybe incorporating burst evolution. But hey that's just a theory a GAME THEORY <insert matpat here>
Like this ??
tumblr_o38pm7xlxP1qhaj56o1_500.png

According to the CoroCoro magazine we'll get more info about sun and moon in next month CoroCoro

Like this ??
tumblr_o38pm7xlxP1qhaj56o1_500.png

According to the CoroCoro magazine we'll get more info about sun and moon in next month CoroCoro
Exactly yes it's all shrouded in mystery but next month everything will be revealed (probably not though)

Here's what I expect to see:
More Megas (like Dragonite and Butterfree)
Missingno. as an actual Pokemon (unlikely)
A difficulty setting (not depending on starter of choice).
Stones exclusive to version (Sun and Moon stones respectively.)
(Highly unlikely) Sun and Moon Shards in respective versions (from Pokemon XD originally that evolve Eevee into Umbreon and Espeon)
A guy named Slate who uses Rock types

I think it will probably be set in Hawaii. I can't remember where but I saw it in a video I think where the guy said that the yellow fire trucks are like fire trucks in Hawaii. The Vivillon pattern being traded in the video can only be gotten in Hawaii. In the picture of the fountain and the building there is a palm tree.
it is set in china i think

When it comes to Pokemon, I tend to just go with whatever Gamefreak will give us. I really do think that most people need to cut them some slack after all Nintendo is doing their best to create new Pokemon and awesome new games to boot. So I for one am really looking forward to Sun and Moon's release as well as any future game installments to the series. Whether it be a remake or a new concept.

Longtime fans of any game tend to look at things as if only the people who have been into these things for a long time are going to play them. But I'm pretty sure it's quite obvious that the companies are trying to appeal to other varieties of people: first-time players and veterans. And just FYI, my first Pokemon experience was Pokemon Y which most people seem to "hate on" for some understandable and some weird reasons so I think I have a pretty good grasp on what people think about these games.

Reactions: Shin, Mikaya and Jyoster134
Hmm, some good posts - in my opinion, a good Sun and Moon game would have a harder difficulty, just like @Marc said. I also hope that it has some more big twists with the old Pokemon storyline formula, it would be nice for something VERY different to happen.

Also, I'm willing to bet that they're withholding all gameplay footage just for E3 - that can be the 3DS' big flagship title for 2016 and they can build half of the Nintendo Direct event around this game (or games, whatever).

Also, found an Imgur gallery of screenshots from the Nintendo Direct on the Pokemon subreddit:
XHPBHvQ.png
UeRt0iZ.png
ybaX2cZ.png
1t2IV05.png
TkkH7OB.png
WAQPNQB.png
i was paying more attention to the pokemon carving and the phone. is the carving of Croagunk cuz the head looks like it?

I have a feeling the legendary birds are going to get a mega or burst form, the pokemon company they are doing mention to them a lot, or i could be wrong though.

I'm so excited for this new gen I wonder if Nintendo except fan made Pokémon?

i heard a rumor about a new eevee evolution

i heard a rumor about a new eevee evolution
I heard it to, about a dragon type eevee evolution.

Didn't feel like this deserved its own thread but we'll be getting footage of the game next Sunday via some Japanese Pokemon show.

I think the starters will be revealed on sunday before corocoro leaks on 15th.

Reactions: Jyoster134
Back