Religion discussion. There shall be no hating in this post.

• Thread starter Kawaki
  • Start date
I don't have a religion

I believe in God (or in a greater force, if you prefer), but I don't like churchs and their methods.
Here in Brazil there are many churchs that deceive poor people in giving all their hard money hoping for salvation.

Reactions: Hayleia, 3823 and Mykaelochi
Here in Brazil there are many churchs that deceive poor people in giving all their hard money hoping for salvation.

Same here and to be honest it is common with several religions. To be honest I think of churches as a political insertion to the religion >.>

Same here and to be honest it is common with several religions. To be honest I think of churches as a political insertion to the religion >.>
I think it's a pride thing sometimes. Joel Osteen's put a (hilariously ironic,) ungodly amount of cash just lighting up his church.

I don't have a religion

I believe in God (or in a greater force, if you prefer), but I don't like churchs and their methods.
You know, you have a point. I dislike churches too. If someone reads about a religion and likes it, so be it. But when churches go around to persuade and encourage and even deceive people with their religion then it's basically propaganda. And it's obviously going to be biased.

I usually associate myself as Not Affiliated but my beliefs tend to be that of an atheist. But of course nobody knows for sure if there is a divine being, so I think the appropriate description would be agnostic atheist. So I'm not really a religious person and I try not to take it too seriously. Also, if you happen to believe in a God, don't be afraid to doubt it's existence! Only way to make some progress in knowledge if any at all. Reason is a good thing. Eh, I'll stop there :)
I have so much to say that would prove God's existence. Take evolution for instance. Scientist are doing everything they can to prove it, and some questions they just can't answer, for example, are they trying to say that As time went on, we lost fur(something that will help us survive) and strength? Why haven't we evolved anymore since the last several hundred years. I mean, how can you believe that plants, animals, and humans came from a single celled organism? If that were the case, then why can't some animals talk?

I'm agnostic atheist. I personally believe in Darwinian Evolution and the Big Bang Theory, though I'm not really sure there is enough evidence on either side to make a clear choice.
Just read Genesis and Exodus of the Bible. It will explain things not even scientist could figure out. Believe me, there is absolutely no proof that what the bible says is wrong. Because they can't find anything, they still attack it. They don't want you to believe in the right and only God. Think about it. Christmas was turned into x-mas, a day of gifts (it is Jesus' bday and we give ourselves presents). Easter was changed to a day of chocolate eggs and rabbits. Everyday that was related to Jesus was turned into something else. Why? Because they don't want you to know that God is the only king. Heaven is perfect, and Hell is miserable. In Heaven, you will be so glad you served the lord. Remember these words.

Last edited by a moderator:
*cough* no hating *cough*
What you are essentially doing is giving reasons to "prove" that you're right and is evolutionists are wrong.

*cough* no hating *cough*
What you are essentially doing is giving reasons to "prove" that you're right and is evolutionists are wrong.
I'm not hating. I'm just giving my opinion. You can do what you want with it.

I have so much to say that would prove God's existence. Take evolution for instance. Scientist are doing everything they can to prove it, and some questions they just can't answer, for example, are they trying to say that As time went on, we lost fur(something that will help us survive) and strength? Why haven't we evolved anymore since the last several hundred years. I mean, how can you believe that plants, animals, and humans came from a single celled organism? If that were the case, then why can't some animals talk?

Just read Genesis and Exodus of the Bible. It will explain things not even scientist could figure out. Believe me, there is absolutely no proof that what the bible says is wrong. Because they can't find anything, they still attack it. They don't want you to believe in the right and only God. Think about it. Christmas was turned into x-mas, a day of gifts (it is Jesus' bday and we give ourselves presents). Easter was changed to a day of chocolate eggs and rabbits. Everyday that was related to Jesus was turned into something else. Why? Because they don't want you to know that God is the only king. Heaven is perfect, and Hell is miserable. In Heaven, you will be so glad you served the lord. Remember these words.
Well I jinxed it. :dead: (Who'da thought it'd be the host who asked for no hate, to kinda go hatin'?)
I mean, seriously, if you're gonna argue evolution, at least get more into the study of it. It, like any line of faith, has the written words and research to neither disprove nor completely prove.
If you're gonna have a big deal what the holidays are called, shout "Merry Christmas" to your neighbors if that changes anything. The season is what you make of it, not what you think you're being forced to accept.
Overall, I think we're all on the same avenue if you ask me. One way or another, we'll all end up in paradise, whichever one it may well be. Don't stress it, life is too short to argue about what happens in the end. Don't take it too seriously, the point is no one has all the answers. Doesn't mean you can't be filled in when the movie is over.

Reactions: 24460

Look you are free to pick what ever religion you want, but you have to understand that evolution takes millions of years to see any significant change. For example, we share at least 85% of our DNA with chimpanzees. Also, there are plenty of contradictions in the Bible whether you want to accept it or not. Also, there are some things the Bible gets wrong. For example, the Earth is NOT flat, it is NOT motionless, and snakes don't eat dirt. I know you claim you're giving an opinion, but it id outright incorrect. I am not going to allow you to just say that scientific theories are just a matter of opinion. That is incorrect. First, I will tell you about the origins of the Big Bang theory and perhaps you will analyze and observe the reasoning that led the Big Bang theory to become our current understanding and why the Steady-State theory is wrong. Actually let me tell you first about Copernicus and we will venture our way to 21st century physics. This is not a matter of opinion, but a matter of careful observation and mathematical reasoning. And I'll tell you about beautiful mathematical equations if you'd like.

Look you are free to pick what ever religion you want, but you have to understand that evolution takes millions of years to see any significant change. For example, we share at least 85% of our DNA with chimpanzees. Also, there are plenty of contradictions in the Bible whether you want to accept it or not. Also, there are some things the Bible gets wrong. For example, the Earth is NOT flat, it is NOT motionless, and snakes don't eat dirt. I know you claim you're giving an opinion, but it id outright incorrect. I am not going to allow you to just say that scientific theories are just a matter of opinion. That is incorrect. First, I will tell you about the origins of the Big Bang theory and perhaps you will analyze and observe the reasoning that led the Big Bang theory to become our current understanding and why the Steady-State theory is wrong. Actually let me tell you first about Copernicus and we will venture our way to 21st century physics. This is not a matter of opinion, but a matter of careful observation and mathematical reasoning. And I'll tell you about beautiful mathematical equations if you'd like.
Essentially as one post put it: you have to actually study it and not denounce it simply because you don't understand it. For example, Copernicus (1473-1543) was one of the first to propose that the Sun is at the center of the solar system not the Earth as the Aristotle-Ptolemy model proposed. However, the Catholic Church, at that time, placed the Aristotle-Ptolemy model as the official doctrine. If you were to claim that the Earth is the center, you run into several problems.

First, you run into what's apparent retrograde motion. Retrograde motion is essentially the observation that the planets sometimes seem to move backwards. This article summs it up quite nicely. Ancient astronomers thought that the planets (ex: Mars) not only orbit the center of the solar system but also moving points along the orbit. However, this is wrong. It is in fact the sun that is at the center. With this heliocentric model, retrograde motion made sense. It was just illusion. Mars only looks like it's going backwards because the Earth is orbiting the Sun faster than Mars. And Earth moves faster than Mars because it is closer to the Sun, and it is there that the gravitational field becomes stronger. Hopefully you found this enlightening and entertaining.

Reactions: Whovian#1 and 24460
I am an atheist. I am not against people that believe in god, and I don't mind it. (Keep in mind, I'm trying to be respectful and not offend anything throughout this, so please don't take this the wrong way) and I understand mostly everybody believes in some kind of divine being. I'm not going to say why I'm an atheist unless somebody wants to know however. I will just say I have a problem when it gets involved more with education. Some people that the earth was created by god, and was formed like 800 years ago, when it is not, and the same thing with evolution. The whole idea of religion was to help understand things in nature. A big example is greek and rome, and other polytheistic religions. They didn't understand nature or how anything works, so they said that a divine being is in charge of it, therefore explaining it. It is the same thing with god, and how the earth was formed. Nobody knew how the earth was created, so we said god created it. However, we have a theory that the earth was formed long before the time they said. That's fine everybody makes mistakes, move on. Like I said, I'm not against religion, and I'm fine if people believe in some type of religion, these are just my thought on religion as a whole.

Reactions: Mykaelochi and 24460
I am an atheist. I am not against people that believe in god, and I don't mind it. (Keep in mind, I'm trying to be respectful and not offend anything throughout this, so please don't take this the wrong way) and I understand mostly everybody believes in some kind of divine being. I'm not going to say why I'm an atheist unless somebody wants to know however. I will just say I have a problem when it gets involved more with education. Some people that the earth was created by god, and was formed like 800 years ago, when it is not, and the same thing with evolution. The whole idea of religion was to help understand things in nature. A big example is greek and rome, and other polytheistic religions. They didn't understand nature or how anything works, so they said that a divine being is in charge of it, therefore explaining it. It is the same thing with god, and how the earth was formed. Nobody knew how the earth was created, so we said god created it. However, we have a theory that the earth was formed long before the time they said. That's fine everybody makes mistakes, move on. Like I said, I'm not against religion, and I'm fine if people believe in some type of religion, these are just my thought on religion as a whole.
If I could like this ten times, I would

Reactions: Mykaelochi
I was raised Christian but right now I'm undecided between that and agnostic.. cool that everyone is respectful here

Reactions: Mykaelochi
@TIGER2 After fully reading this thread, I got mad when I saw your comment. I then typed out a response that was mean and responded in the way you did. I will post that after this just to show you what the equivalent of what you said is on the other side. Look you weren't just giving your opinion you were doing more than that. You were saying "I'm right here's why." Look I firmly believe whatever you want. It's the first amendment of the bill of rights. What you are just saying is wrong. You may disagree with somebody but that doesn't mean you have to yell and scream at them about it. You should just accept that they're difference, embrace that, let them be different and move on. Because doing that just makes you look bad, and nobody even really cares about what you said because you yelled and screamed in everybody's face about how the great bible is. All of sudden you lost right in your argument.

By the way here's what I thought about typing at first:

@TIGER2 After fulling reading this thread I've giving my reasons. If God exists and he controls everything why would he allow the mass genocide of Jews in Germany to happen during WW2? Look at all these other tragedies and shootings. Of god really existed why would they ever happen? Either god doesn't exist or he's just toying with us and just "wants to see what will happen"

I did not do that because I respect your opinion. I just wish you would respect mine.

First off. Since some animals don't need to "talk" in the sense you're thinking of, they have not developed it. Dolphins avg bats have perfectly viable methods of communication. Besides evolution takes thousands of years to happen. Also, Christmas was originally a roman holiday to celebrate the God of the Harvest, Saturn, that Christians ripped off. Jesus Christ was actually born in August. In addition, when he was born, Mary was most likely about 13 or 14. Easter was a pagan holiday celebrating new growth and life, thus the eggs. Heaven and Hell are similar to Nirvana in the sense that they are not actual physical locations with happy little cherubs and whatnot, but instead they were a state of mind of completion or fulfillment. Figure out what it is you believe in before you try to enforce it on others.

Reactions: Ace, Mykaelochi and Whovian#1
@TIGER2 After fully reading this thread, I got mad when I saw your comment. I then typed out a response that was mean and responded in the way you did. I will post that after this just to show you what the equivalent of what you said is on the other side. Look you weren't just giving your opinion you were doing more than that. You were saying "I'm right here's why." Look I firmly believe whatever you want. It's the first amendment of the bill of rights. What you are just saying is wrong. You may disagree with somebody but that doesn't mean you have to yell and scream at them about it. You should just accept that they're difference, embrace that, let them be different and move on. Because doing that just makes you look bad, and nobody even really cares about what you said because you yelled and screamed in everybody's face about how the great bible is. All of sudden you lost right in your argument.

By the way here's what I thought about typing at first:

@TIGER2 After fulling reading this thread I've giving my reasons. If God exists and he controls everything why would he allow the mass genocide of Jews in Germany to happen during WW2? Look at all these other tragedies and shootings. Of god really existed why would they ever happen? Either god doesn't exist or he's just toying with us and just "wants to see what will happen"

I did not do that because I respect your opinion. I just wish you would respect mine.
Like I said. I was giving my thoughts. This is a discussion of religion. There is no hate here. So I'm sorry if you saw it to be that. The purpose of this discussion is to give arguments about our religions. I want to learn about other religions and faiths. You are supposed to be convincing of your faith. I just want to see how other's view their own religion. I done so, but everyone thought it was hate mail.

Like I said. I was giving my thoughts. This is a discussion of religion. There is no hate here. So I'm sorry if you saw it to be that. The purpose of this discussion is to give arguments about our religions. I want to learn about other religions and faiths. You are supposed to be convincing of your faith. I just want to see how other's view their own religion. I done so, but everyone thought it was hate mail.
Well... When you go around narcing on evolution - without understanding it, clearly - and end by saying "there's only one, God is the only king." you're closing yourself off from the possibility of there being something different. What are we to think if you use such language?

I just wouldn't be conclusive if it were me. Hadn't spoken in awhile, didn't think I needed to. Don't mind me, just passing through.

Reactions: Mykaelochi and Ace
Have you considered that someone of a different faith might've read your thou-no... Your rant? I believe there is something that makes this world turn, be it God, Zeus, Odin, or otherwise, and I have only respect of yours- or other peoples faith. Saying there's only one is not a respectful act, it's pride. Exluding other faiths is hate.

The holidays being changed I don't think is disproving anything for anyone. If you've read/watched closely,
The Christmas Carol doesn't directly reference any faith. Saying that the holiday is about spreading good will to men. (I feel people of different faith can do this too.)

Yes, I have. But haven't you noticed that there is no proof of zeus. Someone at some point made him up. eg. Buddha was actually a real person, and when he died he was idolized. So are you saying that someone ho wasn't even born in the beginning created everything? I'm sure he made mistakes in his life and a real god wouldn't make mistakes. 2. God allows certain bad things to happen so we will learn and grow. Something we see that is bad, may not be as bad as we think. If you watch HEAVEN IS FOR REAL, 90 MINUTES IN HEAVEN, 3 MINUTES IN HEAVEN and other movies like that, they might make you think. They are true stories.

Yes, I have. But haven't you noticed that there is no proof of zeus. Someone at some point made him up.
'Zeus', 'God,' 'Allah,' and the like are names used at different times or in different places to refer to the same being. Almost all major religions have a commander-of-all figure, followed by subservient figures who may alternately be angels or lesser gods. There is as much evidence of Zeus as there is of God to someone who isn't convinced about either; it's a much simpler conclusion, really, that the name you use doesn't change the entity you think of. It's regrettable that elders' dogma makes children think the name they call God by is the only one they can use.

'Zeus', 'God,' 'Allah,' and the like are names used at different times or in different places to refer to the same being. Almost all major religions have a commander-of-all figure, followed by subservient figures who may alternately be angels or lesser gods. There is as much evidence of Zeus as there is of God to someone who isn't convinced about either; it's a much simpler conclusion, really, that the name you use doesn't change the entity you think of. It's regrettable that elders' dogma makes children think the name they call God by is the only one they can use.
I ask that you try to come up with anything that proves that my God isn't real. In fact, and do think about this, how come is it that people never mess with holidays for other gods but mess with the ones for the true God? It's almost as if they know it is the right faith and are trying to prevent it. for example, christmas was Jesus' birthday, but it was turned into a day of decorations and gifts. Those gifts should be going to God! So, please say or ask anything of me and I will try to answer it. I will try to prove to you that my God, is the only God. The true God. And there is none other than this God. My King, Lord!

Back