Religion discussion. There shall be no hating in this post.

• Thread starter Kawaki
  • Start date
Your own post breaks the "there shall be no hating in this post" part of the thread title, however.

To say you *are* against gay rights, to say you must struggle to not be that or desire to be that; both of these are hate speech, whether you realize it or not.

LGBTQ+ people are human, and I will stand against anything that seeks to dehumanize them; the fact that people think it's okay to demonize fellow humans because of their sexual orientation, gender identity or assigned sex based on an ancient, mistranslated and strictly political book, that is, the Bible, is honestly disturbing.

I'm not saying people can't believe what they want to believe. But there's a limit, and that limit is drawn when your beliefs negatively affect the lives of others. It's not okay for people to be persecuted and discriminated against for what they are.
I mean, yeah, it is possible to support gay rights without agreeing with the lifestyle. I'm supportive of my friends with opposite political beliefs that I don't agree with. And I support my friends' right to eat pineapple pizza. However, that person is not being hateful. A Christian would want their loved ones to go to heaven, assuming that it exists (although I am a Christian who supports LGBT). It's complicated, though, but I hope I helped, and you're totally welcome to disagree.

Reactions: Jisenku, Whovian#1 and Blue Knight
Oh boy time to put my 2 cents into this thread.
I'm a Christian but I like different ideas there are in other religions as well unless they happen to be radical. My dad used to go to strict churches where if you do one thing wrong you have a chance of losing your salvation more of like a gotcha God. I believe if you are a burden to society (unless you're disabled) or harm others you might not belong in heaven but that's not stemming from Christianity however don't quote me on it. There are some parts of the Bible where certain people believe it and certain people don't even though they are Christian like the flood that punished most of the world and I can see why you may not believe it. As for being gay or lesbian I think they are wonderful people but the sin of being one or the other is what I don't like and I doubt that is the one sin that leads to death (another thing that is difficult to understand).

Reactions: Samster, Whovian#1 and Link-182
The problem is also @Artisan people are afraid of change. So I think when people see all the LGBT people they think the world is going insane. One of those "when I was younger" type of things. So I think people see this and get scared, and use a bible as a reason for it being wrong. But also I hope people understand that at that time slavery was still a pretty big thing, maybe not here but it was everywhere for the most part. So if you want to still be living in the past because you're "scared" of these people "ruining the world" or whatever, and want a return to "when things were better" like in the bible, let's go ahead and do it. Let's start slavery again! (Please realize that I am trying to make a point and do not actually believe in slavery)

Reactions: Link-182

Bold of you to revive this thread artisan. Although looking back on it I really should have just walked away a lot earlier and not said anything.

Last edited:
I'm a Christian, I believe in the fact that Jesus is God's son. I try to go to church often, and I am receiving Christian Counseling (therapy.)
Bold of you to revive this thread artisan. Although looking back on it I really should have just walked away a lot earlier and not said anything.
I think it was good for you to say something. You have a right to free speech, and as such, you can use it. Even if other people don't agree with you, they aren't entitled to go berserk on you.

Reactions: Samster
I am receiving Christian Counseling

I have never heard of something called this before :redpanda:

@BlueJ I appreciate it but sometimes you just gotta know when to walk away. There are a lot of arguments not worth having, especially online. If you want to know what I'm talking about feel free to go down the horrible rabbit hole that is the previous posts.

Reactions: 28142
For those that apply:
So what do you guys think God looks like?
Human? A shape? An already existing picture?

I have never heard of something called this before :redpanda:
Therapy essentially
@BlueJ I appreciate it but sometimes you just gotta know when to walk away. There are a lot of arguments not worth having, especially online. If you want to know what I'm talking about feel free to go down the horrible rabbit hole that is the previous posts.
True, but I still like to voice my opinion
For those that apply:
So what do you guys think God looks like?
Human? A shape? An already existing picture?
Most Christians believe that humans are made in his image, however, I don't think there is a real understanding of who God is, because we aren't supposed to understand who God is, only what he does, and even then, it's like he does certian things because he wants to. I believe that he is a omniscient being, able to be everywhere at once (almost like superposition), and is an all powerful being, that can do basically what ever. Most of the merciful stuff comes from his son Jesus, who died on the cross and forgives us of our sins. Anyone and anything can be a Christian, nobody is exluded. Being forgiven of our sins means we will always be with Christ. I will say that Christianity is a nice religion, nobody is super overbearing. There is a lot of inclusion, so no matter where you come from, they will still support you. It's nice.

Oh, let's talk about the LGBTQ+ Community (Lesbian, Gay, Transexual, Queer) [I identify as Asexual]

See, I LOVE the meaning of LOVE! I really don't discriminate against the LGBT community, especially one of my friends got me realizing that I am Asexual, but still a romantic (A huge romantic at that... lol) and I totally agreed with her. I have my misconceptions about LGBTQ, but before I judge someone, I try to do my best to research about LGBTQ and make sure that it isn't just a misconception (Thanks Buzzfeed), and I soon realize that the LGBTQ community are just people who can't find their "holy" soulmate. That doesn't suggest that the person that they are dating is a horrible person, what I mean is... I think that LGBT [Basically these 4] is unnatural, and like the Bible (and @Sky) says:

(Mark 12:31) says:
"‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Now that doesn't mean that I support LGBT, that means that I support the people, and as such, I love the people (friendship-wise). I believe all people are equal because compared to God, even the most perfect person is nothing compared to God. I love people, and I wish that people love me. I thank the person who opened this, to allow people from all over to have civilized religious conversations and debates.

I love you all, no matter who or what you are!

Reactions: Samster and Link-182
Jesus said this:
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

So does that mean you cannot believe in other religions except through Christianity?
This ain't no casuals religion.

Jesus said this:
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

So does that mean you cannot believe in other religions except through Christianity?
This ain't no casuals religion.
Exactly

Bumping this amazing discussion... can we see more?

Sure, why not.

I do not like falling under labels regarding beliefs, but if I had to be put under one it would be closest to Agnostic. I don't necessarily believe there is a higher force in our world, but at the same time it would be rash to think it's not possible either. I'm also receptive to the idea of there being an afterlife, although not like anything bibles or other religions tend to describe them. Failing that, I do think reliving the same life is another possibility, if only to self-improve.

• Informative
Reactions: Jisenku
Back