Religion discussion. There shall be no hating in this post.

• Thread starter Kawaki
  • Start date
You aren't reading other people's replies properly, are you? What I was saying is that your God, his God, her God, this dude's God, that dude's God, is the same God whom different people want to be exclusive to them. I never said anything as simple as 'your God isn't real' because I think the 'my God/your God' argument is just plain silly. Please actually read others' replies next time.

Reactions: 24460 and Ace
... You offend me dearly. I never once tried to disprove anything of your god and you have the nerve to say that I am... I can respect your beliefs but don't disrespect someone else's. Faith no matter who's it is, is sacred. As I said before I am only respectful for yours or others faiths... I just wish you would respect mine.

And I'd like to apologize. Somehow I knew there would come a religious bias from a post like this. (Didn't expect it from the host though.) biased you may be. I shall be respectful and walk away

Last edited:
Reactions: 24460
@TIGER2 What said about Zeus can be substituted with every other form of god or over powerful being, including the god you believe in. There is absolutely no proof that God exists. And yes people celebrate other things. You just don't see it because the USA is a Christian country with a president that is very islamaphobic. If I was islam I would not go out celebrating a holiday today, I would stay inside. Also with Jewish people and Buddhist people, they do celebrate other holidays but they don't rub their beliefs in people's faces (like you did). Also the irony is real. The movies you mentioned are just that, movies. Movies are created by humans, not by god. Those movies where probably created by radical christians such as yourself. Also I understand god would allow certain bad things to happen. But look at the holocaust. Would god really allow something as bad as the Holocaust to happen? If he is than he's pretty <censored> up. Also I have something personal too. A teenager, probably around 18, just died recently. He fell off a cliff and died. I went to the wake with my mom because he worked at the same place my mom did. The mother was a mess, in fact during part of the wake, she began sobbing and saying "I want him back". That's horrible. Nobody should have to go through the pain she went through. Also like I said earlier, religions were created to fill in the gaps of knowledge that they didn't understand. Also have you looked the definition of believe? I did dictioinary.com gave me this:

to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so:

You believe in god without any proof so don't go rubbing it in into people's faces and saying that he is the one and only god because truth be told there is NO PROOF THAT THERE IS A GOD.

Also as for evolution it makes logical sense. The basic idea of evolution and natural selection shall now be explained by me. The basic idea is that an organism in one species has a genetic mutation. This genetic mutation is a mutation that helps the organism survive better than the other organisms in the species. Therefore, this organism will reproduce and pass that mutation onto it's offspring, and they will spread it to their offspring etc. These organisms will survive and slowly take over as the part of the species without this mutation will die out and not pass their genes onto their offspring. Eventually, all of the species has the helpful mutation and there are no more organisms of that species without it, as they have died off. We can even see it in modern times. Look at all these new phones that come out. The new phone is somehow better than the older phones (representing the helpful mutation), and everybody buys this new phone as it is better (representing the part of the species with the mutation reproducing and passing it on to their offspring), and eventually the old phone dies out as nobody uses it anymore. (This represents the part of the species without the mutation dying)

Summary: Evolution=
1) Org. in species gets helpful mutation
2) Orgs. w/ said mutation survive and pass it on to offspring
3) Org. without said mutation die off
4) Eventually only orgs with the mutation are left.

This is the basic concept of evolution. However part of a species doesn't die off over night, and the population with the mutations spreading quickly doesn't happen over night year. It actually takes a long time, in the thousands of years. We have not first hand seen evolution because the human race has not been around for thousands of years.

However like @Ace I am going to walk away. So goodbye @TIGER2. And a lesson for the future, when you say "No hating" you should include yourself in that standard, because you very clearly hate anybody that is not Christian.

Yes, I have. But haven't you noticed that there is no proof of zeus. Someone at some point made him up. eg. Buddha was actually a real person, and when he died he was idolized. So are you saying that someone ho wasn't even born in the beginning created everything? I'm sure he made mistakes in his life and a real god wouldn't make mistakes. 2. God allows certain bad things to happen so we will learn and grow. Something we see that is bad, may not be as bad as we think. If you watch HEAVEN IS FOR REAL, 90 MINUTES IN HEAVEN, 3 MINUTES IN HEAVEN and other movies like that, they might make you think. They are true stories.
God was probably created the same way. I truly believe Jesus Christ existed, that he founded
the basis of Christianity. I don't however believe he was the son of God. Don't forget, Jesus was born Jewish, and Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are essentially the same religions, just phrased differently.

I ask that you try to come up with anything that proves that my God isn't real. In fact, and do think about this, how come is it that people never mess with holidays for other gods but mess with the ones for the true God? It's almost as if they know it is the right faith and are trying to prevent it. for example, christmas was Jesus' birthday, but it was turned into a day of decorations and gifts. Those gifts should be going to God! So, please say or ask anything of me and I will try to answer it. I will try to prove to you that my God, is the only God. The true God. And there is none other than this God. My King, Lord!
Once again, Jesus was not born on Christmas! Honestly, it's like talking to a wall... Anyways, the whole Islamic Faith has been stereotyped into terrorism and violence, so don't go complaining about a couple days a year that you ripped off of Pagans. Also, you're talking like a crazy person from a cult; "Our God is the only true God! Anything else is wrong! Anyone who says otherwise must be put to death!

Reactions: Whovian#1
God was probably created the same way. I truly believe Jesus Christ existed, that he founded
the basis of Christianity. I don't however believe he was the son of God. Don't forget, Jesus was born Jewish, and Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are essentially the same religions, just phrased differently.

Once again, Jesus was not born on Christmas! Honestly, it's like talking to a wall... Anyways, the whole Islamic Faith has been stereotyped into terrorism and violence, so don't go complaining about a couple days a year that you ripped off of Pagans. Also, you're talking like a crazy person from a cult; "Our God is the only true God! Anything else is wrong! Anyone who says otherwise must be put to death!

I 100% agree

@TIGER2 What said about Zeus can be substituted with every other form of god or over powerful being, including the god you believe in. There is absolutely no proof that God exists. And yes people celebrate other things. You just don't see it because the USA is a Christian country with a president that is very islamaphobic. If I was islam I would not go out celebrating a holiday today, I would stay inside. Also with Jewish people and Buddhist people, they do celebrate other holidays but they don't rub their beliefs in people's faces (like you did). Also the irony is real. The movies you mentioned are just that, movies. Movies are created by humans, not by god. Those movies where probably created by radical christians such as yourself. Also I understand god would allow certain bad things to happen. But look at the holocaust. Would god really allow something as bad as the Holocaust to happen? If he is than he's pretty f**ked up. Also I have something personal too. A teenager, probably around 18, just died recently. He fell off a cliff and died. I went to the wake with my mom because he worked at the same place my mom did. The mother was a mess, in fact during part of the wake, she began sobbing and saying "I want him back". That's horrible. Nobody should have to go through the pain she went through. Also like I said earlier, religions were created to fill in the gaps of knowledge that they didn't understand. Also have you looked the definition of believe? I did dictioinary.com gave me this:

to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so:

You believe in god without any proof so don't go rubbing it in into people's faces and saying that he is the one and only god because truth be told there is NO PROOF THAT THERE IS A GOD.

Also as for evolution it makes logical sense. The basic idea of evolution and natural selection shall now be explained by me. The basic idea is that an organism in one species has a genetic mutation. This genetic mutation is a mutation that helps the organism survive better than the other organisms in the species. Therefore, this organism will reproduce and pass that mutation onto it's offspring, and they will spread it to their offspring etc. These organisms will survive and slowly take over as the part of the species without this mutation will die out and not pass their genes onto their offspring. Eventually, all of the species has the helpful mutation and there are no more organisms of that species without it, as they have died off. We can even see it in modern times. Look at all these new phones that come out. The new phone is somehow better than the older phones (representing the helpful mutation), and everybody buys this new phone as it is better (representing the part of the species with the mutation reproducing and passing it on to their offspring), and eventually the old phone dies out as nobody uses it anymore. (This represents the part of the species without the mutation dying)

Summary: Evolution=
1) Org. in species gets helpful mutation
2) Orgs. w/ said mutation survive and pass it on to offspring
3) Org. without said mutation die off
4) Eventually only orgs with the mutation are left.

This is the basic concept of evolution. However part of a species doesn't die off over night, and the population with the mutations spreading quickly doesn't happen over night year. It actually takes a long time, in the thousands of years. We have not first hand seen evolution because the human race has not been around for thousands of years.

However like @Ace I am going to walk away. So goodbye @TIGER2. And a lesson for the future, when you say "No hating" you should include yourself in that standard, because you very clearly hate anybody that is not Christian.
@Whovian#1 though you try, you really don't help my case. I don't wish to prove or disprove the existence of anything for anyone here. If you work hard to prove yourself true in your beliefs, (and disproving another's as well,) you are no different than she is. You as well have offended me.

Don't use my name in your disproving comments again.

I understand but I used your name to say I'm going to walk away like you said you did.

You aren't reading other people's replies properly, are you? What I was saying is that your God, his God, her God, this dude's God, that dude's God, is the same God whom different people want to be exclusive to them. I never said anything as simple as 'your God isn't real' because I think the 'my God/your God' argument is just plain silly. Please actually read others' replies next time.
Sorry if I did not see you. I don't even recognize your picture

So you are Jewish? Then you don't believe he has come yet? Well, I'm not going to say anything other than, read some prophesies from the Bible that have not yet come true. They will happen. Such as the rebuilding of the temple. Everyone keeps trying to twist my words around here. I'm not saying such faiths are dumb. I wanted everyone to try to argue there beliefs so I could see how everyone else sees their faiths so I could understand them better. Because I just don't understand how anyone could believe different faiths with nothing to support them. I just wanted to understand. I'm not hating anyone, or any faith.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you are Jewish? Then you don't believe he has come yet? Well, I'm not going to say anything other than, read some prophesies from the Bible that have not yet come true. They will happen. Such as the rebuilding of the temple. Everyone keeps trying to twist my words around here. I'm not saying such faiths are dumb. I wanted everyone to try to argue there beliefs so I could see how everyone else sees their faiths so I could understand them better. Because I just don't understand how anyone could believe different faiths with nothing to support them. I just wanted to understand. I'm not hating anyone, or any faith.
I have already started that I'm atheist

Sorry if I did not see you. I don't even recognize your picture

:/ Gawd. Let's recap:

'Zeus', 'God,' 'Allah,' and the like are names used at different times or in different places to refer to the same being. Almost all major religions have a commander-of-all figure, followed by subservient figures who may alternately be angels or lesser gods. There is as much evidence of Zeus as there is of God to someone who isn't convinced about either; it's a much simpler conclusion, really, that the name you use doesn't change the entity you think of. It's regrettable that elders' dogma makes children think the name they call God by is the only one they can use.
I ask that you try to come up with anything that proves that my God isn't real. In fact, and do think about this, how come is it that people never mess with holidays for other gods but mess with the ones for the true God? It's almost as if they know it is the right faith and are trying to prevent it. for example, christmas was Jesus' birthday, but it was turned into a day of decorations and gifts. Those gifts should be going to God! So, please say or ask anything of me and I will try to answer it. I will try to prove to you that my God, is the only God. The true God. And there is none other than this God. My King, Lord!

I meant that you did not thoughtfully read my post. You most certainly read it, since you replied to it, but you missed the point I was making completely. I was saying that it doesn't matter what name God is called - different people have different names for him, it doesn't matter. You thought I was saying something along the lines of 'my God is bigger than your God." I dunno why Abrahamic religions' people, at least, get caught up in these arguments, given that they all believe in just one (and yes, the same) God.

The other point I made was that you can't win an argument with an atheist by saying, "There's no proof of Zeus, but proof of God." The same things that God has done could also be attributed to Zeus - the two are interchangeable, their only difference being their names and the mythology surrounding them, the latter of which most people don't take into account anyway. So yeah - that won't convince an atheist and won't prove anything to them. I'm not one myself, but that's most likely to be their perspective regarding your argument.

Because I just don't understand how anyone could believe different faiths with nothing to support them.
Every single argument you have used for your religion can be used for anyone's religion. Read any post you've done in the voice of someone with a different religion and you'll see what I mean. Just insert some 'no' and 'not's and you'll be able to read it in the voice of an agnostic or atheist as well.
That said, you or anyone else shouldn't need to justify everything you've discussed in this thread so compulsively. It's called 'faith,' after all.

Reactions: 24460 and Ace
Small Note: I did not come here with knowledge there would be an argument. (It clearly read discussion,) so I didn't see a need to justify anything of my beliefs. That is why I left a while ago. I don't need anyone's approval of what I believe, nor should I need to fight over it either. I am as what this force in the world has made me, be it god, zeus, Allah, or Xenu: alien overlord of mankind.

:/ Gawd. Let's recap:

I meant that you did not thoughtfully read my post. You most certainly read it, since you replied to it, but you missed the point I was making completely. I was saying that it doesn't matter what name God is called - different people have different names for him, it doesn't matter. You thought I was saying something along the lines of 'my God is bigger than your God." I dunno why Abrahamic religions' people, at least, get caught up in these arguments, given that they all believe in just one (and yes, the same) God.

The other point I made was that you can't win an argument with an atheist by saying, "There's no proof of Zeus, but proof of God." The same things that God has done could also be attributed to Zeus - the two are interchangeable, their only difference being their names and the mythology surrounding them, the latter of which most people don't take into account anyway. So yeah - that won't convince an atheist and won't prove anything to them. I'm not one myself, but that's most likely to be their perspective regarding your argument.

Every single argument you have used for your religion can be used for anyone's religion. Read any post you've done in the voice of someone with a different religion and you'll see what I mean. Just insert some 'no' and 'not's and you'll be able to read it in the voice of an agnostic or atheist as well.
That said, you or anyone else shouldn't need to justify everything you've discussed in this thread so compulsively. It's called 'faith,' after all.
actually, you are wrong. I did not think that. people have different names for God, such as Zues and Hermes. But they are, in fact, not the same God. God is not the god of lightening, nor of messages. He is the God of Everthing. I hope this doesn't sound rude, but I am very upset by the fact that people believe in all kinds of other gods without ever even knowing about this God. Knowing this God and believing what he did for you and accepting him gives you passage into Heaven. Watch the movies Heaven is for real, or ninety minutes in Heaven. After watching you will want to go to heaven so badly. I even had an aunt who says she saw Heaven, but she is no longer alive. But she went, God told her to go back, and she came back and told the story. I just want people to at least have a chance.

actually, you are wrong. I did not think that. people have different names for God, such as Zues and Hermes. But they are, in fact, not the same God. God is not the god of lightening, nor of messages. He is the God of Everthing. I hope this doesn't sound rude, but I am very upset by the fact that people believe in all kinds of other gods without ever even knowing about this God. Knowing this God and believing what he did for you and accepting him gives you passage into Heaven. Watch the movies Heaven is for real, or ninety minutes in Heaven. After watching you will want to go to heaven so badly. I even had an aunt who says she saw Heaven, but she is no longer alive. But she went, God told her to go back, and she came back and told the story. I just want people to at least have a chance.
But there's still a chief god, even in non-single-God mythology. Zeus could be mistaken for God, and the other, 'lesser' gods could be mistaken for archangels. Just because he's given a specialty doesn't mean he's completely different; either way, in Abrahamic religions, then, God is the same. They're even in chronological order.

But there's still a chief god, even in non-single-God mythology. Zeus could be mistaken for God, and the other, 'lesser' gods could be mistaken for archangels. Just because he's given a specialty doesn't mean he's completely different; either way, in Abrahamic religions, then, God is the same. They're even in chronological order.
God says who he is. If you pay attention to the stories and Histories of Zues, it does not coincide with the Bible.

God says who he is. If you pay attention to the stories and Histories of Zues, it does not coincide with the Bible.
But seen from a more open-minded perspective, you could never be sure which one is the right one that way, and it'll take more than a TV movie to convince most people once they've had to depend on themselves.
That way, Christianity does not even coincide with itself wholly, or you wouldn't have Protestants and Catholics.

Reactions: MindzEye and 24460
Catholics give confusion as to what's true. You cannot make it into heaven on good deeds. Only God can let you in, and you must let him into your life so he can do that. At the end of life, we all die. Those who aren't saved are doomed to live another life without God. Believe, please. I beg you. In the afterlife, you will never die. There will be gnashing teeth. It is the worst thing and to make things worse, you will never die. Or even be given another chance. Our earthly living now is our chance. And if we don't take it, we will regret it. I can promise you. Wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry? Christianity is not a religion, it is a faith. Just think about it. The Bible has many stories of prophecies. You know the Bible has been around for at least a thousand years. Read its prophecies and you will see that some actually happened. Some haven't yet, but will. Such as the rebuilding of the temple.

I had similar views shaped by other people and shoved down my throat every day when I was younger. But I can't believe that God would be so unforgiving towards people he created, over misconceptions that he plunged them into and could have cleared any time he wanted but didn't. Dividing people using, "we're right and they're wrong and they're all going to hell," has never benefited anyone except religious leaders, you'll notice.
Christianity is not a religion, it is a faith.
And yet according to you, it is not all-inclusive and only a single sect get to go to heaven. Even by human standards, let alone a superior being as God's standards, that doesn't seem fair. It seems more like an order, a 'religion' if you will - that's even more of a positive word - than a faith. You have to know what your words mean over choosing them because they sound fancy.

I hope your adherence to dogma lessens as you grow. Best of luck \o

I've never believed in a higher being of any kind and to be honest, I kinda have grown to dislike religion over the years. I feel like religion holds us back and also causes a lot of war and supression (I know, it also helps people a lot, but that's not something that stands out and is in the news). There are also just way too many things that make the whole thing so hard to believe even though I tried to have an open mind towards religion and God/gods. There's so much actual proof for the evolution theory but not one single piece of evidence that makes me think that a god might actually exist ._.

I also dislike that kids don't really have a choice whether they'll be religious or not, because I think that the main reason why a lot of people still believe is because their parents believed so the kids were brought up with religion. My parents weren't religious, which led to me and my brother and sister also not being religious. Sometimes I notice people giving some higher being credit for when something good happens to them, but when something bad happens they blame themselves or other people. Be proud when you do something right instead of giving a god all the credit .-.

Even though I think religion's influence on the world is definitely decreasing, I don't think it will ever completely vanish because people have the need to believe in something or someone, so maybe religion will be replaced by something similar in the future but I don't think the world will ever be 100% atheist. I'm quite happy that religion isn't that influential here, so there aren't many my-god-is-better-than-yours discussions that never end peacefully.

I still don't really get why some people call themselves agnostic, because to me it always just feels like they don't want to offend anyone so they'll go with agnostic. I feel like you'd know if you believe or not, and if you doubt it to an extent that you would call yourself an agnost you probably don't really believe.

I hope I didn't sound too shallow/arrogant and I hope I haven't offended anyone which is kinda hard nowadays .tbh

PS Serious question, but how do believers look at the Mars mission? One of the main reasons why I don't believe is because I love space way too much and the fact that space is infinite is already hard enough to comprehend, so I often wonder how religious people look at the idea of sending peole to Mars since God created Earth according to the Bible,

Yo @Moon Rain. I call myself an agnostic because there is no humanly possible way that I could say there is/isn't a god or godly thing that shapes what we know or have. I'm open to the idea, I just kinda coast from one shore to another, listening to all the other guy's ideas.

See, belief is something we all got that really no one else can change but us. It takes one person to walk the route of faith, whichever one it may be. I have respect for those brave souls who dedicate themselves to the creeds and morals they've decided to take on.

Respect as I may, I have to respectfully disagree with the mind-set that "oh well yours doesn't exist and mine does!" That's
no way to treat a neighbor if you ask me. Metaphorically speaking, we can all have a horse in the race and still care for each other, listen and love, be present and friendly to each other, without feeling a need to slit somebody's throat for their opposing ideals. Hell, they very well could be the same thing, I'm open to that idea. The point isn't what to go with from the start that is right or wrong, the point is we're all on a way to finding out, aren't we?

How I do it is this way: live as good as I can, give great and give regularly, follow my heart and love my fellows for doing the very same; listen but decide, ask but not offend, defend but not defame, and know or someday learn what is really important to all of us in life.
Because no matter how loud you shout here which one is the winner, we have our lives to go to, our friends and family to support and support us, our fellow humans who also live here. No matter what is said here, today, tomorrow, when it started or when it may forseably end, we're still moving forward every day, doing right by the rest of us and asking for nothing in return but that faith that somehow, someway, someone or something may do us right just the same..

Don't fret, life's too short to worry about the exact directions. I'll see you on the flipside I hope.

Reactions: Moon Rain and Ace
Yo @Moon Rain. I call myself an agnostic because there is no humanly possible way that I could say there is/isn't a god or godly thing that shapes what we know or have. I'm open to the idea, I just kinda coast from one shore to another, listening to all the other guy's ideas.

See, belief is something we all got that really no one else can change but us. It takes one person to walk the route of faith, whichever one it may be. I have respect for those brave souls who dedicate themselves to the creeds and morals they've decided to take on.

Respect as I may, I have to respectfully disagree with the mind-set that "oh well yours doesn't exist and mine does!" That's
no way to treat a neighbor if you ask me. Metaphorically speaking, we can all have a horse in the race and still care for each other, listen and love, be present and friendly to each other, without feeling a need to slit somebody's throat for their opposing ideals. Hell, they very well could be the same thing, I'm open to that idea. The point isn't what to go with from the start that is right or wrong, the point is we're all on a way to finding out, aren't we?

How I do it is this way: live as good as I can, give great and give regularly, follow my heart and love my fellows for doing the very same; listen but decide, ask but not offend, defend but not defame, and know or someday learn what is really important to all of us in life.
Because no matter how loud you shout here which one is the winner, we have our lives to go to, our friends and family to support and support us, our fellow humans who also live here. No matter what is said here, today, tomorrow, when it started or when it may forseably end, we're still moving forward every day, doing right by the rest of us and asking for nothing in return but that faith that somehow, someway, someone or something may do us right just the same..

Don't fret, life's too short to worry about the exact directions. I'll see you on the flipside I hope.
I get where you're coming from, but to me it sounds kinda contradictionary. People who believe are usually very sure that a god exists but agnosts don't really know which leans more to the "there's probably not a god" side in my opinion, but that's probably because I'm an atheist.
Of course you can't prove it, but that argument can be used in every situation, because you can't prove that the tooth fairy doesn't exist either. But your way of thinking is great, we need more open-minded people :angelic:

Reactions: entei123, Kawaki and MindzEye
Back