Religion discussion. There shall be no hating in this post.

• Thread starter Kawaki
  • Start date
I'm a Muslim and personally believe in God (Allah)
But anyone can believe who and what they want. Everyone has different thoughts and opinions on religion,God and other things like that. There's no certain way to "confirm" God is real except faith. Of course our parents usually do change our view on that because they tell us what to believe and the religion they tell us to believe is the "point of view" we see God, if that makes sense. But once again no hate anyone can believe what they want they have a free will. Also, sorry for any bad grammar ><

Reactions: Kawaki, Artisan and 18
Making a political or religious post puts one in a tight spot. On one hand, you feel cowardly for not saying anything, but on the other hand, saying nothing is massively better for social relations - unless you're the type which sides with the majority.

saying nothing is massively better for social relations - unless you're the type which sides with the majority.
Absolutely not. The internet might make it look that way, but most people aren't such glittery gits in real life.

Expressing yourself makes you engaging. Sure, some people might not like you, particularly if your opinion is the unpopular one. But it'll sure stop people thinking of you as boring, which is all that saying nothing achieves. Thinking that being ignored and not thought about is better than being rivalled is a terrible mistake.

Besides, you might find someone who thinks like you if you open your trap, and getting people to approach you that way is much better for social relations rather than people thinking, "eh, he/she's okay I guess."

Reactions: Mizunil
Absolutely not. The internet might make it look that way, but most people aren't such glittery gits in real life.

Expressing yourself makes you engaging. Sure, some people might not like you, particularly if your opinion is the unpopular one. But it'll sure stop people thinking of you as boring, which is all that saying nothing achieves. Thinking that being ignored and not thought about is better than being rivalled is a terrible mistake.

Besides, you might find someone who thinks like you if you open your trap, and getting people to approach you that way is much better for social relations rather than people thinking, "eh, he/she's okay I guess."

Much of the net is safe for outrageous talk - most of the time. However, social media platforms like Facebook use your real name - and are a gossip machine. As I mentioned in the thread about gossip, the social consequences of speaking your mind are like - letting off an atomic weapon. :mad: There are just too many bullies where I live.

• Informative
Reactions: Jisenku
Sup?
I'm muslim...

Honestly I feel bad for you Muslims, because of 9/11 and all this other terrorist shiz everybody thinks that all Muslims are terrorists (at least here in America). They don't realize that Islam is actually a very peaceful religion, or at least Donald Trump doesn't know it (but he doesn't know anything really anyway......). @Farhaan Raja

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
Honestly I feel bad for you Muslims, because of 9/11 and all this other terrorist shiz everybody thinks that all Muslims are terrorists (at least here in America). They don't realize that Islam is actually a very peaceful religion, or at least Donald Trump doesn't know it (but he doesn't know anything really anyway......). @Farhaan Raja

Thanks man.
Really though, the only abuse I'VE personally ever got was online, never in real-life, thank god. I've heard horrible things about people getting acid in their faces or getting punched or shouted at... and it scares me. It get's really bad after "terror attacks" happen

Reactions: Jisenku and Kakea
Yeah.... that really stinks

I'm actually a Christian, but I respect everyone else's religious views. In fact, I even support the LGBT+ community and have shown my support through some of my art.

Reactions: Mizunil
I have no idea what LGBT stands for, but if it has to do with gey rights, I'm only against it because the Bible specifically states that God hates it. Honestly, I struggle with my own gender realization, but I know that I am a Christian and must give everything I've got not to desire to be the other gender or be gey. Like you, Redhairshark, I respect all religions (except Satanism), even if I do not agree with it. I'm really afraid for everyone in the afterlife; many don't even think about it, and those that do think you can get to Heaven via good deeds when the Bible says otherwise (not that it says do wrong).

Reactions: Link-182
@TIGER2: I sure wish I hadn't clicked on this again. (Didn't even spell gay right either, which shows your disapproval.)
@redhairshark: Art is a good way to express your feelings on all sorts of things. It is good you found something that makes you happy.

@TIGER2 Stop bluffing. a) you do not respect other people's religions as shown by your previous posts in this thread. Also just because the bible says something does not mean it's right. I thought god was supposed to be loving and accepting of all people, not just a chosen few. So the idea that god would hate gay people is really upsetting and quite frankly disturbing, and if that means I go to hell for saying such a thing so be it. I wouldn't want to go to a heaven that is discriminatory against certain groups of people.

I now remember why I wanted to stop paying attention to this thread

Also why should we sorry about the afterlife?
a) we do not even know if it exists.
b) if we worry so much about where we will be in our "next life" or whatever, don't you start lose appreciation for the life you already have? Why not focus on what we have right in front of us instead of reaching some "paradise" that probably does not even exist?

Ok, I'm just gonna throw my 2 pence into this conversation here.

I myself am not religious, however I'm open to the fact that there may be a God, but as I see it there is no proof, and science, in my eyes, has a much stronger argument. I realise that not everyone shares my views and I respect that. People are allowed their own opinions believe it or not.

I am also apart of the LGBT+ community and so are quite a few of my friends. Yes, stricter religious people might not like or agree with our community, but, at least in my eyes, they're ignoring one key line from the bible.

(Mark 12:31) said:
"‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Jesus said that, did he not? And he also added that there is no other commandment greater then that (the other one is 'you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’). That says nothing about discrimination or singling out people just because of their feelings or who they are.

And about an afterlife, there is no solid proof of an afterlife at all. This is me now speaking from a scientific standpoint. It's comforting to perhaps feel like there is more afterwards, but to some maybe that stops them living their life to it's fullest, or maybe living carelessly because they're not afraid of death. For me, I don't believe there is an afterlife, just because of science. Live life as you want.

But really though, the TL;DR version of this is that I just find religious people hating on people like me, or looking down on us ridiculous. There's 0 reason. We have no choice in who we are, the chemicals in our bodies deciding our paths, who we are for us. There is no control over that.

If you believe God made everyone individually, surely you can understand that? If he made us, then he would have made who we are. He would have control over the chemicals in our body that makes a person feel the way they do.

• Informative
Reactions: Jisenku, Blue Knight, Link-182 and 2 others
I'm really afraid for everyone in the afterlife; many don't even think about it, and those that do think you can get to Heaven via good deeds when the Bible says otherwise (not that it says do wrong).
I think God would love something he created enough that anyone could go to heaven as long as they were a murderer or rapist or someone who did something irredeemable - and even then it depends on whether they were repentant or not. Why else would he let us run amok for millennia?

Ok, I'm just gonna throw my 2 pence into this conversation here.

I myself am not religious, however I'm open to the fact that there may be a God, but as I see it there is no proof, and science, in my eyes, has a much stronger argument
Maybe it's simply because this is the second time in as many days I've had someone say they believe in science rather than supernatural things - it's just interesting how the two are seen as inherently contradictory when they aren't. Science is not idle; it's not like motion and gravity didn't exist until Newton put it into words. New frontiers of science open up eventually. There might even be an explanation for the supernatural at some point. I'm not saying who's right or wrong, just that it's something worth thinking about.

Why does love have gender roles assigned to it? :/

Why does love have gender roles assigned to it? :/
You know I was thinking about that and I think it's because throughout history, human populations were so low that they actually NEEDED to reproduce, so people would demonize gay people because they would be like, "They're not nailing the right gender, so THEY'RE the reason we're dying out!" But there's no need for that anymore now that there's no danger of humanity dying out as a whole, in most regions anyway.

It's telling that being openly gay was less of a problem in civilizations that were more 'settled' and didn't consider themselves to be on the verge of extinction (certain periods of Rome, for example. Yes, their life expectancy was low, but population itself was not an issue.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Link-182, 28142 and Mizunil
to answer the op's question, I'm a muslim that follows sunni islam

I have no idea what LGBT stands for, but if it has to do with gey rights, I'm only against it because the Bible specifically states that God hates it. Honestly, I struggle with my own gender realization, but I know that I am a Christian and must give everything I've got not to desire to be the other gender or be gey. Like you, Redhairshark, I respect all religions (except Satanism), even if I do not agree with it. I'm really afraid for everyone in the afterlife; many don't even think about it, and those that do think you can get to Heaven via good deeds when the Bible says otherwise (not that it says do wrong).
I feel like I'm the only one here who respects your views and understands exactly what you mean. I do want all my friends to go to heaven if it's real! However, I also don't want to take away their rights, because that would also be robbing them of any chance to turn to Christianity. I feel the best thing to do is build up friendship and then once you and that friend are at a comfortable enough level, ask them what they believe while still respecting their views! Friendship is always the key, in my opinion! Of course, if they don't want to talk about it anymore, then it's best to respect that but also drop subtle hints I guess?

@TIGER2: I sure wish I hadn't clicked on this again. (Didn't even spell gay right either, which shows your disapproval.)
@redhairshark: Art is a good way to express your feelings on all sorts of things. It is good you found something that makes you happy.
Come on, some things are more fun to spell a different way! As long as it's not explicitly offensive. XP
And yeah, I've always liked to draw, so I have done two LGBT drawings so far, one of them being AUTOGRAPHED BY NICO YAZAWA'S VOICE ACTRESS!!! =D
Sorry, I just get so excited when talking about it. XD

Honestly, another thing is that I just wish everyone could get along regardless of religion. I think there's way too much hate in the world and a good portion of it is over religion. I think that things would be much better if we can look past our differences and work together to make the world a better place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ace
I have no idea what LGBT stands for, but if it has to do with gey rights, I'm only against it because the Bible specifically states that God hates it. Honestly, I struggle with my own gender realization, but I know that I am a Christian and must give everything I've got not to desire to be the other gender or be gey.
Your own post breaks the "there shall be no hating in this post" part of the thread title, however.

To say you *are* against gay rights, to say you must struggle to not be that or desire to be that; both of these are hate speech, whether you realize it or not.

LGBTQ+ people are human, and I will stand against anything that seeks to dehumanize them; the fact that people think it's okay to demonize fellow humans because of their sexual orientation, gender identity or assigned sex based on an ancient, mistranslated and strictly political book, that is, the Bible, is honestly disturbing.

I'm not saying people can't believe what they want to believe. But there's a limit, and that limit is drawn when your beliefs negatively affect the lives of others. It's not okay for people to be persecuted and discriminated against for what they are.

Reactions: Ace, Link-182, Mizunil and 2 others
@redhairshark you are completely right. A lot of the violence is caused by religion. I think the real problem is that people are not willing to admit that there are other religions out there who believe in basically the same thing but just in a different form, that are truly equal to there religion. If history has taught me anything it is that people believe that their religion is superior, and they will fight and cost human lives if need be to prove and show other religious groups just how superior there faith is. The problem is that all faiths share the common thread of reaching "paradise" by performing and being a good person throughout your life. They also have the idea of a superior being controlling everything. Different religions are just different forms of these two ideas. People do not understand how close all these religions are to each other. So the fact that there is still violence over them is truly quite sad.

Back