Closed Rich Gamerton's 3DS BOX ART COVER CONTEST!

• Thread starter RichGamerton
  • Start date
Wait are we aloud to submit today or was yesterday the last day. It was late when @RichGamerton said it so I'm not sure

Yes, I did everything except the background and the box components :)
I combine many renders together for the title, but I made the "A Link To You <3 3D" text myself.
In my opinion, the background looks quite romantic, it look like going to watch a sunset with Link xD.

That's because it is made up by me!
Basically, you don't play Link as the main character, but instead you can customize your own character and select a gender.
If you play a girl, then Link will accompany you to the battle (similar to Fire Emblem in a sense) and you will be able to raise your relationship level with Link (again, similar to Fire Emblem, Harvest Moon or Rune Factory).
If you clear the game, then you will get an option to play the lead character as Princess Zelda and raise her relationship with Link.

Alternatively, if you play a boy, then Princess Zelda will accompany you and the rest is similar to what I have explained before :D

The streetpass and online feature allows you to meet other players and you can unlock new character that way, such as the Shadow Link or even human form of Navi.

Anddd.. that's about it, seems more like a girl kind of game (but guys do play Rune Factory right??)

GG guys we lost!:hilarious: All joking aside, I think this game sounds AMAZING and I would buy this in an instant! I think your entree is a serious contender is gonna be tough to beat!

Man, when are we gonna find out who wins:nailbiting:

Reactions: numage
That's because it is made up by me!
Basically, you don't play Link as the main character, but instead you can customize your own character and select a gender.
If you play a girl, then Link will accompany you to the battle (similar to Fire Emblem in a sense) and you will be able to raise your relationship level with Link (again, similar to Fire Emblem, Harvest Moon or Rune Factory).
If you clear the game, then you will get an option to play the lead character as Princess Zelda and raise her relationship with Link.

Alternatively, if you play a boy, then Princess Zelda will accompany you and the rest is similar to what I have explained before :D

The streetpass and online feature allows you to meet other players and you can unlock new character that way, such as the Shadow Link or even human form of Navi.
OMIGOSH!!!!! i just started making a Steam game just like that just yesterday, that's just amazing!!!!!!!!!

but in my game:
you create a human shaped Animal (like Dillon or Ton Nook, i don't know the name of that) the way you want
you can choose between more than 30 species, each with a set of abilities like:
Claws (allows to attack),
Nails (allows to climb)
Paws (allows to dig)
sharp teeth (allows to attack)
super hearing (more blips on nearby map)
hyper hearing (all blip in nearby map)
shell (unbreakable defense)
glide PREMIUM (allows to reach special areas)
Cute PREMIUM (hunters will be stopped more often)
customize fur, back, paws, weight, face, head top fur, belly, claws (if available), tail, and ears.
you can also wear some clothes if you like (you're better off without any)
and you can have a pre-made partner with a few customizations, and you can choose some personalities, such as:
Happy (always in best mood and with a smile on the face, it cheer you up by a infecting good mood)
Cheerful (he/she always at up and running, just don't know a sad face, it cheers you up by saying just the thing you need to hear)
Goofy (it knows not the word shame... nor embarrassment... the ridiculous dance is his/her trade mark, it cheers you up by a hilarious performance),
and:
short-fuse (if the things get's tough, he/she will explode!! and only you knows how to calm him'her down, opposing to Cheerful)
shy (even though is at good mood, he/she won't inter act much with people other than you, you'll need tp speak up for you both, opposing to Goofy)
and many more!
and you can set a starting relationship status like:
as long as i remember (a partnership from so long that you don't even remember when it started)
we don't need words (you both knows just what the other is thinking without a blink, your sync is unreal)
cloudy but not rainy (requires opposing gender, he/she like you or does he/she? he/she calls you gingerbread or sweetheart, keep hitting on you, but that's really nothing)
i just can't tell... (requires opposing gender, he/she always had a little crush on you, but don't have courage to tell)
Heartbeats, (requires opposing gender, that something that can't be explain, it's just what it is)
during gameplay to take actions in an action/adventure game, and in the story you have no voice actor, but dialogue choices instead, and this game offers the most chances of dialogue than ever other game! and each mission have at least two possible ending
you and your partner are both playable, and your relation ship may intensify depending on you dialogue choices

Reactions: numage
Ok, sorry for taking so long! This is taking longer than I have expected. I use a regular mouse to draw it since I don't know how to use a pen mouse

This game is the Legend of Zelda: A Link to You 3D! In this game, I want to add some romantic component to the game as well as the online/streetpass feature.

I drew and coloured the link myself (on photoshop) and take the BG and the Logo from Nintendo.

I hope you will like it!

Wow! This looks really well done. I like the overall anime feel you gave to Link as well as the whole cover. Interesting concept for a Zelda game, as well. Would be cool to see it implemented. Good job!

My idea how this game would be....

Player: Link, I love you.
Link: Hyah, hya, yaah!
Player: I will assume that means "I love you, too.".

Reactions: PersonSP and numage
GG guys we lost!:hilarious: All joking aside, I think this game sounds AMAZING and I would buy this in an instant! I think your entree is a serious contender is gonna be tough to beat!

Man, when are we gonna find out who wins:nailbiting:

Hehe, thank you! I think everyone's thought are really good. I'm so nervousss!

OMIGOSH!!!!! i just started making a Steam game just like that just yesterday, that's just amazing!!!!!!!!!

but in my game:
you create a human shaped Animal (like Dillon or Ton Nook, i don't know the name of that) the way you want
you can choose between more than 30 species, each with a set of abilities like:
Claws (allows to attack),
Nails (allows to climb)
Paws (allows to dig)
sharp teeth (allows to attack)
super hearing (more blips on nearby map)
hyper hearing (all blip in nearby map)
shell (unbreakable defense)
glide PREMIUM (allows to reach special areas)
Cute PREMIUM (hunters will be stopped more often)
customize fur, back, paws, weight, face, head top fur, belly, claws (if available), tail, and ears.
you can also wear some clothes if you like (you're better off without any)
and you can have a pre-made partner with a few customizations, and you can choose some personalities, such as:
Happy (always in best mood and with a smile on the face, it cheer you up by a infecting good mood)
Cheerful (he/she always at up and running, just don't know a sad face, it cheers you up by saying just the thing you need to hear)
Goofy (it knows not the word shame... nor embarrassment... the ridiculous dance is his/her trade mark, it cheers you up by a hilarious performance),
and:
short-fuse (if the things get's tough, he/she will explode!! and only you knows how to calm him'her down, opposing to Cheerful)
shy (even though is at good mood, he/she won't inter act much with people other than you, you'll need tp speak up for you both, opposing to Goofy)
and many more!
and you can set a starting relationship status like:
as long as i remember (a partnership from so long that you don't even remember when it started)
we don't need words (you both knows just what the other is thinking without a blink, your sync is unreal)
cloudy but not rainy (requires opposing gender, he/she like you or does he/she? he/she calls you gingerbread or sweetheart, keep hitting on you, but that's really nothing)
i just can't tell... (requires opposing gender, he/she always had a little crush on you, but don't have courage to tell)
Heartbeats, (requires opposing gender, that something that can't be explain, it's just what it is)
during gameplay to take actions in an action/adventure game, and in the story you have no voice actor, but dialogue choices instead, and this game offers the most chances of dialogue than ever other game! and each mission have at least two possible ending
you and your partner are both playable, and your relation ship may intensify depending on you dialogue choices

You make your own game? Sounds amazing!
I don't really know about STEAM but seems like many people are using/playing it.
I'm not a big fan of animals that looks like human but the concept sure is neat ><

Wow! This looks really well done. I like the overall anime feel you gave to Link as well as the whole cover. Interesting concept for a Zelda game, as well. Would be cool to see it implemented. Good job!

My idea how this game would be....

Player: Link, I love you.
Link: Hyah, hya, yaah!
Player: I will assume that means "I love you, too.".

Thank you! I think many people loves Zelda and it would be nice to get to date him lol

I laughed so hard at the conversation part xDDDD
He is just a shy type lol. He will get to talk in this game, definitely!

Reactions: RichGamerton
You make your own game? Sounds amazing!
it's really toilsome and dull to name a few, especially if i'm doing alone, Kupo but i'll manage
I don't really know about STEAM but seems like many people are using/playing it.
it's fun" you should try it" i mean, if your PC is strong enough, Kupo.
I'm not a big fan of animals that looks like human but the concept sure is neat ><
nor am i, i like them better as real Animals, but is even worse when they made to looks unrealistic (like Bug Bunny or Mickey Mouse), but always wanted to see a good made one (like The Raccoons), since i have the power talk ti Animals, that give me some inspiration, kupo.

it is hard to understand? ask me again in 8 hours, Kupo

it's really toilsome and dull to name a few, especially if i'm doing alone, Kupo but i'll manage

it's fun" you should try it" i mean, if your PC is strong enough, Kupo.

nor am i, i like them better as real Animals, but is even worse when they made to looks unrealistic (like Bug Bunny or Mickey Mouse), but always wanted to see a good made one (like The Raccoons), since i have the power talk ti Animals, that give me some inspiration, kupo.

it is hard to understand? ask me again in 8 hours, Kupo
Errr...talk to animals? From a scientific perspective; how does that work? There's a rather lot of species with differ net ways of communicating and most don't even use speech. I can communicate with my cat (you know, stuff like greetings/affection/don't do that/I missed you too/thanks and a couple of tricks) but I wouldn't call it talking.

I made a rough draft of what a diary page could look like. (The rendering didn't go exactly the way I want because my laptop is very slow but I figured I'd post it anyway)
t8usgk.png

I also thought a bit more about the game itself.
A diary related feature of the game:
After you unlock a certain amount of endings/beginnings you might meet other travellers. Some might be stuck, whether you can and are willing to help them will change the story. If you help them out, will you partner up? Will this person answer your questions? Or deceive you?

Another feature would be that while the game would not have a typical 'bad guy' you're neither limited to the typical 'hero' role. The game is, after all, also about changing morality and the thin and blurry line between good and evil. The game will not protect you for mistakes (No "Are you sure?" or the like) so it will feel as truly your choices and paths.
It probably doesn't count anymore (since it's past the submission date) but I wanted to add some stuff. And explain a bit on feature I already told about.

The story would start with the main having a strange, nightmarish dream. This dream would not involve any text or explanation to ensure that as a player you will immediately feel the estrangement and confusion your main is going through after the dream. For the same reason the artstyle will be different from the rest of the game. The game would then start out with some extraordinary events that lead to our loveable main character chasing "the bad guy" which in turn will lead him to discover the time travel. (But as aforementioned the lines between good and evil will quickly become blurry.) That probably sounds a bit vague but I don't want to give it all away (just in case I will ever get the chance to actually make the game) and (of course) I haven't got it all worked out yet. A few scenes (ideas) from the dream in images:
14kv3n6.jpg
2i7pbns.png

All along the scene you would hear a heartbeat (something like this: http://vocaroo.com/i/s013EFy9GkX3 listen with headphones!) and towards the end this frame /\ you would start to hear a ticking noise that will quickly grow louder and more disturbed.

It's not just about finding out about good and evil or about time-travel, the main fous will be on finding out what really happened and what is true. Since your main character will be an amnesiac with a constantly changing past it will slowly get harder to figure out what is reality. At the start of the game you will feel like it is just the story of someone who discovers he can jump between timelines but as you progress things will get more questionable. Is this actually happening? Is this just a dream? Is he even sane? You would have to figure that out for yourself. As I mentioned before his personality and also the playstyle will change depending on the course you take, but of course you will also get clues on what is happening in the story. He could turn out to be the big hero or even evil depending on your playstyle and point of view. I want to have a lot of dialogues and little details so that you will grow attached to him.

I feel kind of excited about this. I'm bursting with ideas and things I would want to do with this already. If I ever get the chance to make a game (if only) I'll definitely get down to this.

Last edited:
Reactions: RichGamerton
Errr...talk to animals? From a scientific perspective; how does that work? There's a rather lot of species with differ net ways of communicating and most don't even use speech. I can communicate with my cat (you know, stuff like greetings/affection/don't do that/I missed you too/thanks and a couple of tricks) but I wouldn't call it talking.
tumblr_nkmdowWylg1tj51ryo1_500.gif

142.gif

tumblr_inline_mjs92pVji91qz4rgp.gif

1553560_o.gif

1290449_o.gif

WHY are you SO surprised?! that IS a RIDICULOUS question!! did you EVEN EVER read my signature?! is right there!! like hawk, i even said that like a dozen of times only in this forum, if you wanna know, just ask, Kupo, *SIGH*.

tumblr_nkmdowWylg1tj51ryo1_500.gif

142.gif

tumblr_inline_mjs92pVji91qz4rgp.gif

1553560_o.gif

1290449_o.gif

WHY are you SO surprised?! that IS a RIDICULOUS question!! did you EVEN EVER read my signature?! is right there!! like hawk, i even said that like a dozen of times only in this forum, if you wanna know, just ask, Kupo, *SIGH*.
First of all, I think you're overreacting and I find your reaction quite offensive. Secondly, how old are you? If you are below 12, did your ever talk to your parents about this? (<-- Not meant to be offensive!) I prefer not to get into an argument with you I was just asking a question so I hope your answer will be at least attempted to be civil this time.

First of all, I think you're overreacting and I find your reaction quite offensive. Secondly, how old are you? If you are below 12, did your ever talk to your parents about this? (<-- Not meant to be offensive!) I prefer not to get into an argument with you I was just asking a question so I hope your answer will be at least attempted to be civil this time.
DRVDW.jpg

WHAT?!?!
errr.... sorry....

DRVDW.jpg

WHAT?!?!
errr.... sorry....
hey... wait up! i not suppose to be apologizing to you, you didn't payed attention to that for one sec, and you can to ask just that, now that's rude, Kupo.
like, i said that more than 12 time and you didn't heard once?

hey... wait up! i not suppose to be apologizing to you, you didn't payed attention to that for one sec, and you can to ask just that, now that's rude, Kupo.
like, i said that more than 12 time and you didn't heard once?
Nope. And I did read your sig but I assumed "Wyll Gonron" was a game character or something alike (since ost people don't post their real name on a forum) but then I googled it and it turns out to be the name of a poet who write poems to his squirrel so I figured I found a match. But you can't assume people read all your posts. Just because you post something a lot doesn't mean the whole forum knows. But this is not the right place for discussions like this (it's rather of topic) so if you want to reply please use private message.

this contest is a day late

Rich might have other things he has to do right now. Oh well, we've waited this long, a little while longer won't hurt!;)

Hello guys! Sorry for the late reply. Anyway, the contest submission period is over!! The judging period will now begin. Just so you guys know, Your work will not be judged by me exclusively. That is, it will be voted on by many people from the site. I want you all to have a fair chance so that is why I am going for this approach. Thank all of you for participating in this. I think it went pretty well. I will definitely do a giveaway in the near future. Just so you know, you can use your box art for your own means after this. I don't own it. Also, any entries given after this point will NOT be accounted for. That's all for now. Until next time. Keep it rich, honeybuns! :)

Reactions: PersonSP, Llamanama, wyll001 and 1 other person
Hello guys! Sorry for the late reply. Anyway, the contest submission period is over!! The judging period will now begin. Just so you guys know, Your work will not be judged by me exclusively. That is, it will be voted on by many people from the site. I want you all to have a fair chance so that is why I am going for this approach. Thank all of you for participating in this. I think it went pretty well. I will definitely do a giveaway in the near future. Just so you know, you can use your box art for your own means after this. I don't own it. Also, any entries given after this point will NOT be accounted for. That's all for now. Until next time. Keep it rich, honeybuns! :)
Nah, your reply isn't really late. Don't worry about it. ;) Good luck with the judging!

sign me up!

Can't wait to see who wins!! Good luck to all of you!

sign me up!
...........did you even read the thread? The contest is over, the judging period has started.

Back