Should Nintendo change the theme shop that we could use Play coins (3DS) to get themes instead?

• Thread starter Eric Cartman
  • Start date

Should nintendo use Play cioins instead??

• Total voters
Eric Cartman

Eric Cartman

BEWARE OF ADS
Towns Folk
I wonder if Nintendo could make the theme shop use Playcoins (3DS) instead of using money because some theme prices are just expensive like really why is a theme $1.00-$1.99 even if it's just black and white stripes and the only actual fre theme from the eshop is Sonic Boom which very disappointing for U.S. 3DS owners

Reactions: Zinedine and Slayerpon Tatsu
I also thought the same because using 3ds play coins to get themes was probably the first thing that I wanted when I first heard of the entire theme aspect. I guess it's just another way for Nintendo to get some revenue. I still have my ALBW theme and I probably won't spend money to get another :p ( I really didn't like the Sonic Boom one xP )

I agree

I actually think this is an awesome idea. Why aren't you doing this Nintendo!
But in all honesty I wouldn't pay actual money to get a theme. Even if it was like 50 cents.

Coming from someone who currently has no 3DS play coins, and have no interest in earning them, I'd prefer to buy themes the easy way, it's not like the price of them will put a dent in your pocket. :rotfl:

Coming from someone who currently has no 3DS play coins, and have no interest in earning them, I'd prefer to buy themes the easy way, it's not like the price of them will put a dent in your pocket. :rotfl:
Some themes even cost 2+€! Instead of getting two themes you can actually buy a game! So, it IS annoying and also costs money you could spend for something better!

Now back to the topic. That would be a great idea! They could, or more like they should, have just made it so it would cost lots of play coins instead of actual money! Not too cheap, so there would be more of point in getting them, not too expensive, so it wouldn't be impossible. And just for people like @Mikaya, they could simply have added a choice to pay using either play coins or money!

PS: After having checked literally every theme there is, I still prefer the default Black one you get for free!

I wonder if Nintendo could make the theme shop use Playcoins (3DS) instead of using money because some theme prices are just expensive like really why is a theme $1.00-$1.99 even if it's just black and white stripes and the only actual fre theme from the eshop is Sonic Boom which very disappointing for U.S. 3DS owners
well I had already made a cast out idea where the puzzle you fill via playcoins can be used as themes :
You finish a zelda oot puzzle -> you can download the zelda oot theme (the puzzles can be hard to fill and it would support streetpass alot)

well I had already made a cast out idea where the puzzle you fill via playcoins can be used as themes :
You finish a zelda oot puzzle -> you can download the zelda oot theme (the puzzles can be hard to fill and it would support streetpass alot)
Nice idea, but they should also make it so you can get all pieces using play coins then, meaning no streetpass exclusives!

Bad idea, people can easily change the amount of play coins with hacks.

Reactions: 3905
Bad idea, people can easily change the amount of play coins with hacks.
SO? People can also make custom themes with hacks! Just because there are people who use hack, why should the people that don't be the ones burdened?

Reactions: Alphasilverx and Megalegacy98
SO? People can also make custom themes with hacks! Just because there are people who use hack, why should the people that don't be the ones burdened?
True, true.

Nice idea, but they should also make it so you can get all pieces using play coins then, meaning no streetpass exclusives!
nah there should be still streetpass exclisuves so that youll use Nintendo Zones and really go out ! :D

nah there should be still streetpass exclisuves so that youll use Nintendo Zones and really go out ! :D
There are NO streetpass zones in the entire country here! Also, there are literally LESS than 25000 people with 3DSs in the entire country of 10000000 people! I have traveled halfway across the country 11 times in the last year and I didn't have a single streetpass hit! And most of the time, I was in a ship with another 100000 people on board INCLUDING tons of kids!

There are NO streetpass zones in the entire country here! Also, there are literally LESS than 25000 people with 3DSs in the entire country of 10000000 people! I have traveled halfway across the country 11 times in the last year and I didn't have a single streetpass hit! And most of the time, I was in a ship with another 100000 people on board INCLUDING tons of kids!
yana=too bad

Play coins are so hard to get.... I always have to shake my 3ds, lol. It would be a bad idea in my opinion:sorry:

Play coins are so hard to get.... I always have to shake my 3ds, lol. It would be a bad idea in my opinion:sorry:
So, what you are saying is, instead of walking a bit or moving the 3DS up and down (which can be some sort of exercise), you believe that it's better to PAY WITH ACTUAL MONEY for a theme that is active ONLY when in the main menu of the 3DS, not even the friend list! Is that what you are trying to say? With most themes costing 1-3€ in my region, instead of getting two of them, I can get an actual game!

While play coins aren't really that hard to get if you take your 3DS out with you frequently, I don't really think it'd be a good idea for Nintendo to allow themes to be bought with Play Coins. Maybe some of them, but certainly not all of them. Could be interesting as a way to get people out and about more with their 3DS or encourage exercise or whatever.

Probably just better to keep them all with real money though. They're only a couple dollars at most (at least from what I've seen) anyways.

While play coins aren't really that hard to get if you take your 3DS out with you frequently, I don't really think it'd be a good idea for Nintendo to allow themes to be bought with Play Coins. Maybe some of them, but certainly not all of them. Could be interesting as a way to get people out and about more with their 3DS or encourage exercise or whatever.

Probably just better to keep them all with real money though. They're only a couple dollars at most (at least from what I've seen) anyways.
Why do you people keep saying that? Not everyone has enough money to spend on themes that literally don't do a single thing! I want a couple of themes, but instead of paying the 12€ to get those few I want (just 5 themes), I can just go and buy a game or two (or even more) from the eshop!

I agree. Here in my country 1 dollar is worth 43 PH Pesos and when I buy 1 game it costs a thousand times.
In my opinion, play coins is useless for me (other than using it for fortune cookies). That is all.

If they cannot make some themes accessible for say, 100 Play Coins, the least they could do is give us more free themes to download. A free Sonic Boom and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate theme is not enough. Even the Playstation 3 has more free game-based themes.

Reactions: Tho
Back