Should Nintendo change the theme shop that we could use Play coins (3DS) to get themes instead?

• Thread starter Eric Cartman
  • Start date

Should nintendo use Play cioins instead??

• Total voters
I wish they would but they just want to squeeze more money out of our pockets so probably not going to happen. I've never bought a theme but i probably would if I made a big purchase on eshop and was left with 1$ and had nothing else to spend it on and i guess thats what their going for. Would be worth it if they made live wallpapers

I currently have 350 play coins, On my 3ds xl. I actually have no use for them, Besides Pokemon rumble world and That find mii2 game. I think that if you could by with play coins, maybe 50 per theme, AND with real money, that would be great!

But the 3ds people who made the theme shop have to get their money somehow, and in your case, it would be amazing for the customers, but not so much for the company. An easy was to get PC is to just take it in your pocket on left on the home screen the next time you go out, or go to the store or whatever. You also get streetpass that way, so it kills 3 birds with 1 stone, so to speak

They totally should. That would be awesome . My ds would be so cool. I would get a lot hough so in a way they should keep it the same. but I agree that the prices are expensive.

Yeah! We need more free themes! I want the Metal Gear Solid 3d theme or Zelda. It would be good idea, i prefer play coins not real money.
:);)

While themes should be free, it's kind of hard for the people that make them to get money. Just like there's no true "free game" there's no true "free app" or stuff like that. If it were to use play coins, the people making them wouldn't receive what they deserve.

I agree with you actually. I would like more themes but I'm broke on money. I think play coins would be a good way to get themes without spending money (I don't have a way to pay for anything on the eshop right now). I bring my 3DS with me whenever I go out, anyway. But I usually have it turned off and in most cases, I didn't have to bring it anyway.
It sure would motivate me to go outside walk more. xD

YES!!

Not just themes, though... Think about it. The possibilities are endless. I wish I could convert play coins to EShop funds. Play Coins for Pokemon Yellow? Yes please. Play Coins for that great new DLC? Sign me up, baby.

YES!!

Not just themes, though... Think about it. The possibilities are endless. I wish I could convert play coins to EShop funds. Play Coins for Pokemon Yellow? Yes please. Play Coins for that great new DLC? Sign me up, baby.
There is no way Nintendo will allow virtual money to substitute real money purchases.

Reactions: Leej07
There is no way Nintendo will allow virtual money to substitute real money purchases.

Unfortunately, you are right, but it's fun to fantasize.
As it is now, though, I think Play Coins are woefully underused. I can count on one hand the games/apps that use Play Coins, and half of those are in Streetpass Mii Plaza.
I think it would be awesome if they'd be integrated into more titles. Imagine if you could use Play Coins to upgrade a character in an RPG, or use them to get cool stuff in, say, Animal Crossing?
This needs to be a thing.

It's a good idea but Nintendo is all about the money. It won't happen.

Unfortunately, you are right, but it's fun to fantasize.
As it is now, though, I think Play Coins are woefully underused. I can count on one hand the games/apps that use Play Coins, and half of those are in Streetpass Mii Plaza.
I think it would be awesome if they'd be integrated into more titles. Imagine if you could use Play Coins to upgrade a character in an RPG, or use them to get cool stuff in, say, Animal Crossing?
This needs to be a thing.
The most they should/could do is make games use them for in game items

Well, somebody dosen't understand that nintendo wants money by any means, so they really can't convert the currency to play coins. They could, but chances are they will keep charging money for the themes.

Well, somebody dosen't understand that nintendo wants money by any means, so they really can't convert the currency to play coins. They could, but chances are they will keep charging money for the themes.
Still same as on page 3. If money is so important to them, why do they not convert the whole single player GBA library into VC ? Anyone can convert any GBA game into VC in less than 10 minutes (then you need sigpatches to launch it, but Nintendo would obviously have right signatures so no need for that) so Nintendo could do it too and get almost free money.

Reactions: sonicandres1 and Slayerpon Tatsu
Still same as on page 3. If money is so important to them, why do they not convert the whole single player GBA library into VC ? Anyone can convert any GBA game into VC in less than 10 minutes (then you need sigpatches to launch it, but Nintendo would obviously have right signatures so no need for that) so Nintendo could do it too and get almost free money.
Well, while GBA games could very well be included in the 3ds eshop, I think the only reason why the wii u has GBA games is to help with sales (I think?). The 3ds has a good library of games so maybe putting GBA/DS/Wii/Snes games on the wii u could influence one's purchase of the console. it did for me. Not that it was the only reason to buy a wii u, but to play smash and Splatoon as well. All I'm saying is that maybe nintendo wants to equal the sales of both the wii u and the 3ds so that one system doesn't overpower another while keeping their different qualities, hence why 3ds didn't get GBA games. Just my thoughts here.

Reactions: Hayleia
Well, while GBA games could very well be included in the 3ds eshop, I think the only reason why the wii u has GBA games is to help with sales (I think?). The 3ds has a good library of games so maybe putting GBA/DS/Wii/Snes games on the wii u could influence one's purchase of the console. it did for me. Not that it was the only reason to buy a wii u, but to play smash and Splatoon as well. All I'm saying is that maybe nintendo wants to equal the sales of both the wii u and the 3ds so that one system doesn't overpower another while keeping their different qualities, hence why 3ds didn't get GBA games. Just my thoughts here.
True story this. But then why do they not give the Wii U the possibility to play Gamecube games ? Same as GBA on 3DS, you can do it with some hacks so Nintendo could do it officially and make money from it.

Reactions: sonicandres1
True story this. But then why do they not give the Wii U the possibility to play Gamecube games ? Same as GBA on 3DS, you can do it with some hacks so Nintendo could do it officially and make money from it.
Hmm this is a good idea. I thought about it, and it looks like a reasonable plan. Why not increase the purchases of the adapters for gc by adding support for them in vc for wii u? Sounds really good.

Hmm this is a good idea. I thought about it, and it looks like a reasonable plan. Why not increase the purchases of the adapters for gc by adding support for them in vc for wii u? Sounds really good.
While that would be good, they would have to go back into most of the games and rewrite controls for the GameCube controller, which causes more effort than needed

Reactions: sonicandres1
While that would be good, they would have to go back into most of the games and rewrite controls for the GameCube controller, which causes more effort than needed
Nope, just look try the keywords "Nintendont Wii U Gamecube" or something on Google, you'll see that a lot of controllers can be supported by this without making any change to the game itself.

This obviously requires hacks and installing all of that can be seen as annoying, but that's why Nintendo should make easy-to-use paid versions of that (bundle a Gamecube iso with a header of some sort that will boot the Wii U in the proper mode to run the iso). So that people stop hacking to get what they want, so that they get what they want in a convenient way, and so that Nintendo gets money. That plan makes everyone happy so why does it not happen ?

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Nope, just look try the keywords "Nintendont Wii U Gamecube" or something on Google, you'll see that a lot of controllers can be supported by this without making any change to the game itself.

This obviously requires hacks and installing all of that can be seen as annoying, but that's why Nintendo should make easy-to-use paid versions of that (bundle a Gamecube iso with a header of some sort that will boot the Wii U in the proper mode to run the iso). So that people stop hacking to get what they want, so that they get what they want in a convenient way, and so that Nintendo gets money. That plan makes everyone happy so why does it not happen ?
Probably because Nintendo only made the GameCube controller adapter solely that smash u could be more competitive. I do question why Nintendo won't do it. Probably since they are too lazy or something.

Back