Moon/Sun Sun/Moon just got hyped - Which starter will you pick?

• Thread starter Toxiccow
  • Start date

Which starter is your pick

• Rowlet

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • Litten

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • Popplio

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters
I totally want to get pokemon sun and have my starter be Litten :D!

Reactions: JaxLeo
I totally want to get pokemon sun and have my starter be Litten :D!
I guessed you would when I got this notification :hilarious:

I know me and Marcy are leaning towards the fire too!

I guessed you would when I got this notification :hilarious:

I know me and Marcy are leaning towards the fire too!

Cool yep I really like the fire types and a fire type cat looks awesome also whatever they call the sun legendary looks amazing!

Guys you need to check out this site: http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/ . There is a new move called leafage which rowlet learns from the beginning and a bunch of other info that you need to check out right now. It tells you the abilyties and some pictures and beginning moves and a bunch of stuff like that.

Oh and in Littens post says it can attack with flaming hairballs, which could be pointing to a move like fireball or something like that. IDK but a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool yep I really like the fire types and a fire type cat looks awesome also whatever they call the sun legendary looks amazing!
The name is still unknown but he's really cool. The Moon legend looks beautiful though :3

Well looking at the website it's pretty interesting actually. Thanks for sharing it @JakobTDE

'When the time comes for Litten to shed its old fur, it all burns up in a glorious blaze.'

Maybe it's referring to a evolution and it'll turn into something like a cat phoenix? Or maybe it's referring to a mega evolution?

'The darkness of night is no obstacle to Rowlet!'

So prehaps that's a hint to a HM that could be used in caves or maybe something in the story requires you to go somewhere dark? (Or I'm overthinking that too hard and they just said it because he's an owl..)

And for Popplio, they seem very keen on the idea of him being able to make elastic bubbles, so maybe that could be somewhat important?

Idk, I'm just throwing idea that probably make no sense. I do wonder though what other pokemon will be added and what they will look like..

Poppilo and both games because wynaut?

I gotta say though, all three of them look equally adorable/likable. This might end up being the Johto starters all over again for me.

I'm definately choosing Litten. 1. I love fire type starters 2. The design is pretty sweet. 3. I like cats.

Litten looks so adorable! I love cats in general, and I tend to choose fire type starters. It's design is pretty epic! I bet it's final evolution will be very powerful! (high attack stats). :D

I'll be getting Sun version (I already decided this when both games were announced). The legendary looks pretty awesome! It's like an electrical lion of sorts. The Moon Lengendary looks kinda weird, imo. :p

Last edited:
God damn it, they look awful.

They're all adorable! *glares at Alex* (jk but I disagree)
I immediately fell in love with Rowlet, and I'm still debating which version... Well, whichever has Ninetales as an exclusive is probably gonna be my choice.

Squirtle-Totodile-Mudkip-Piplup

4 good water starter in a row
But 4 isn't 2 :p

I'm a huge fan of Rowlet and I'm gonna pick him when I get Moon :p

Reactions: Skyshaymin
I'm picking Rowlet if I get the game. I think it has the cutest design. Can't wait to see its evolutions. I didn't expect an owl as a grass type starter. I could see the likelihood of there being a snowy owl. Noctowl was one of my favorite Pokemon from Colosseum. Popplio is likable but kind of silly looking. Litten doesn't look bad either. The Legendaries are decent even though the lion looks like Pyroar

My starter will be Rowlet. It's an owl and I like owls :p
Also, I'll be getting Pokémon Moon, not for the legendary at all, but because I've always loved the moon so there's that <3

I wanted Pokemon Moon before but now I kinda want Pokemon Sun because I think the legendary looks more awesome >.<)/
This game's starters quite something too. I'm not sure what to make of them but I think all of them are cute. I'm leaning towards Rowlet and then Litten but I'll probably decide when the evolutions are revealed, whereby I might and most likely change my choice :p

Looks like Rowlet and Litten took the spotlight , not much luv for Popplio ;-; I hope it gets an interesting evolution so it doesn't get left in the dust. I'm still thinking if I should get sun or moon. The legendaries are both awsome and majestic. Looks like I can't decide now xp
<3 a cow

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I know I can't wait! I already picked Sun as the game (it usually takes me longer to pick out of the two but not this time) and my starter is gonna be Litten!

Team Litten!

I gotta admit the Legendary Pokémon look so cool. Moons looks like a bat. Though many on amino say it looks like an Owl.

Where's that Popplio love at? Hopefully it doesn't end up like Gen V's Oshawott all over again.

At any rate I found all the starters to be interesting and adorable. The Sun/Moon legendaries look good too but I'm not sure what Moon's is meant to be exactly upon first glance. (Although I'm sure somebody here will know and quote/reply to this to tell me.)

Where's that Popplio love at? Hopefully it doesn't end up like Gen V's Oshawott all over again.

At any rate I found all the starters to be interesting and adorable. The Sun/Moon legendaries look good too but I'm not sure what Moon's is meant to be exactly upon first glance. (Although I'm sure somebody here will know and quote/reply to this to tell me.)
The sun legendary is obviously a lion, and I think the moon legendary is based on a bat, because bats are usually active in the night, that's what I think anyway. The Japanese names are solgaleo (Leo which is lion and solar in the name) and lunala ( the 'ala' part means wings and lunar in the name)

Litten looks like something straight outta Yokai Watch

Back