Moon/Sun Sun/Moon just got hyped - Which starter will you pick?

• Thread starter Toxiccow
  • Start date

Which starter is your pick

• Rowlet

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • Litten

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • Popplio

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters
While I can't say for certain which I'll pick yet (I'll need to see final evolutions for that) I'm pretty sure my pick's Popplio. It's just so cute !! I can't explain why I love it so much. I mean yeah, at first I laughed because it really does look dorky but now? It really has grown on me and it's absolutely my favorite from the bunch. I don't have any nickname ideas yet though.

After that, probably Litten, then Rowlet. The names of these two make me laugh though. The designs are nice but the names make me want to cry they're hilariously bad.

yup it's confirmed, for the first time... nobody picks the water type! all the past water starters were awesome... gen 7 comes around and popplio... looks stupid...

I haven't decided on anything yet besides NOT picking Popplio, it just looks like they repainted Seel and gave it a clown nose!:hilarious: From the other two, I'm leaning slightly towards Rowlet, but if it turns out to be yet another Hoppip (tons of weaknesses, no coverage moves and terrible stats), I'll have no choice but to go with Litten (most unoriginal name by the way)! As for which game I'll get, I'll probably get Moon just because the legendary looks much better! I find it funny though how the Sun legendary looks like a crossbreed between Pyroar and Entei, just painted white, and the Moon one looks like a Noivern that stole Salamence's mega (that would actually be really cool)!

Well, if my avatar, icon and title doesn't make it obvious enough, I'm going with Litten. My decision is already set in stone, I've been thinking about it and to be honest, I don't really like how good or bad the final evolution could look (an example being Delphox, the design simply ruins what they had going with Fennekin and Braixen, but they're still my favorite Kalos starters). I wasn't sure the first few hours, but as fanart came, and I made my own, Litten won me over rather quickly and took the spot over Rowlet. Popplio, while being my least favorite, is still rather adorable, no matter how derpy it looks. I hate how much hate surrounded it after the announcement, the design isn't bad and while we've had seal/sea lion Pokémon before, Popplio is still able to stand out.

but if it turns out to be yet another Hoppip (tons of weaknesses, no coverage moves and terrible stats)
This. At least on the stats, because of Rowlet being a starter, we're guaranteed to have a BST around the 520-530's, the thing is that they give it a proper stat distribution. I hope we get something similar to Jumpluff, high Speed, but instead of a high Sp. Def we get high offensive stats. We've seen with Tropius that Grass/Flying is a terrible defensive typing, and the only way Rowlet won't be doomed to being an extremely underused Pokémon in multiplayer battles is that it is able to fulfill a role effectively. Hopefully it'll have a decent movepool, Tropius' and Jumpluff's are rather shallow...

Well, if my avatar, icon and title doesn't make it obvious enough, I'm going with Litten. My decision is already set in stone, I've been thinking about it and to be honest, I don't really like how good or bad the final evolution could look (an example being Delphox, the design simply ruins what they had going with Fennekin and Braixen, but they're still my favorite Kalos starters). I wasn't sure the first few hours, but as fanart came, and I made my own, Litten won me over rather quickly and took the spot over Rowlet. Popplio, while being my least favorite, is still rather adorable, no matter how derpy it looks. I hate how much hate surrounded it after the announcement, the design isn't bad and while we've had seal/sea lion Pokémon before, Popplio is still able to stand out.

This. At least on the stats, because of Rowlet being a starter, we're guaranteed to have a BST around the 520-530's, the thing is that they give it a proper stat distribution. I hope we get something similar to Jumpluff, high Speed, but instead of a high Sp. Def we get high offensive stats. We've seen with Tropius that Grass/Flying is a terrible defensive typing, and the only way Rowlet won't be doomed to being an extremely underused Pokémon in multiplayer battles is that it is able to fulfill a role effectively. Hopefully it'll have a decent movepool, Tropius' and Jumpluff's are rather shallow...

First off, the only thing that stands out about Popplio is it's clown nose! Moving on, I really hope they don't repeat what they did with Delphox too, I mean, it could've been designed much better making it feel more like a Fennekin evolution than just yet another Fire type! And finally, as for Rowlet, I want it to be yet another fast special attacker with average bulk, since, while common for Grass starters or Pokemon in general, it has been proven to work! When it comes to Grass starters, there are two kinds, the bulky and slow (Venusaur, Meganium, Torterra, Chesnaught) and the fragile but fast (Sceptile, Serperior). In my opinion, I believe that a Grass / Flying dual type Pokemon should NEVER even be attempted to be like the first category, but rather the second! It's final evolution could be something similar to mega Pidgeot in stat spread (fast with lots of Sp. Atk and moderate attack), but simply with a different typing!

Reactions: Samuel_1802
Hey guys, there is more news about sun and moon
If you haven't seen ->
The names, types, ability, and signature move of the legendary has been revealed

Pokemon sun legendary -> solgaleo
- has the type psychic/steel
-has the ability full metal body
- has the signature move 'sunsteel strike'
Pokemon moon legendary -> lunala
- has the type psychic/ ghost
- has the ability shadow shield
- has the signature move 'moongiest beam'

There is more revealed like the names of the character, a lady that is kukui's assistant, a new Rotom in the form of a pokedex

What do you think , will you stay after seeing the legendary or change team, and what do you think of Rotom-pokedex, I personally am still team moon

<3 a cow

I'm definitely changing to team sun now after seeing that horrible typing they gave Lunala! Sucker Punch and Knock Off hitting you x4 is a huge deal and unless they give it some incredible stats to compensate, then it'll be even more useless than Hoopa! Giving it a Multiscale-like ability does nothing considering that every single entry hazard there is can affect it, plus how can it be a bat that has no way to fly (except with psychokinesis)? As for Solgaleo, how can it be a legendary Pokemon that represents the sun and NOT be fire type or anything even close to it? A fast Steel/Fire would have been a much better typing, considering how we already got Metagross, it's mega and Jirachi already and there's not a single team that can't handle those in competitive play! Still, I prefer being weak to half the types than having a x4 weakness to two of the most common attack types there are!

tl;dr: From now on I'm on team sun after getting seriously disappointed by this generation's legendaries again!

I'm definitely changing to team sun now after seeing that horrible typing they gave Lunala! Sucker Punch and Knock Off hitting you x4 is a huge deal and unless they give it some incredible stats to compensate, then it'll be even more useless than Hoopa! Giving it a Multiscale-like ability does nothing considering that every single entry hazard there is can affect it, plus how can it be a bat that has no way to fly (except with psychokinesis)? As for Solgaleo, how can it be a legendary Pokemon that represents the sun and NOT be fire type or anything even close to it? A fast Steel/Fire would have been a much better typing, considering how we already got Metagross, it's mega and Jirachi already and there's not a single team that can't handle those in competitive play! Still, I prefer being weak to half the types than having a x4 weakness to two of the most common attack types there are!

tl;dr: From now on I'm on team sun after getting seriously disappointed by this generation's legendaries again!

1.- Hoopa is not useless, is tricky to use, but not usseles

2.- Lunala has the same Ability of Dragonite, so the 4x weaknesses is not that annoying (I mean, Nite is 4x times weak to ice, but thanks to Multiscale, it doesn't even matter in the end)

3.- There is a good reasoning why Solgaleo is not fire

Is not the Sun Legendary, is the Guardian of the Sun

1.- Hoopa is not useless, is tricky to use, but not usseles

2.- Lunala has the same Ability of Dragonite, so the 4x weaknesses is not that annoying (I mean, Nite is 4x times weak to ice, but thanks to Multiscale, it doesn't even matter in the end)

3.- There is a good reasoning why Solgaleo is not fire

Is not the Sun Legendary, is the Guardian of the Sun
Hoopa is not an attacker though, it needs lots of support to work and considering we are talking about something at the level of game mascot, I doubt it will be the same, so Lunala will almost certainly be an all out attacker! Also, multiscale or not, x4 weak to TWO types AND ALL entry hazards, in addition to the probability of no recovery options like roost, on top of Sucker Punch's priority, it still is the worst possible combination! As for Solgaleo, I knew about the Steel typing, but Psychic makes no sense! I simply suggested fire, but if we are talking about alchemy, then Steel/Poison would make much more sense!

Hoopa is not an attacker though, it needs lots of support to work and considering we are talking about something at the level of game mascot, I doubt it will be the same, so Lunala will almost certainly be an all out attacker! Also, multiscale or not, x4 weak to TWO types AND ALL entry hazards, in addition to the probability of no recovery options like roost, on top of Sucker Punch's priority, it still is the worst possible combination! As for Solgaleo, I knew about the Steel typing, but Psychic makes no sense! I simply suggested fire, but if we are talking about alchemy, then Steel/Poison would make much more sense!

I stopped reading at Hoopa is not an attacker

I stopped reading at Hoopa is not an attacker
And that is exactly why I'm convinced you don't even know what competitive battling is! I doubt you have ever even battled ONCE in your entire life against anything other than a Magikarp! If you wanna start insulting me just because you don't know a thing, be my guest, but don't do it in other people's threads! Hoopa is in the RU for a reason, because it's USELESS without Nasty Plot and Trick Room!

Apologies @Toxiccow!

It's okay I guess ( o-o) just don't be Too mad of other people's opinions
<3 a cow

Reactions: Tho
Also if you haven't take a look at the male trainers arm, there is some kind of bracelet. New method of evolution?

Hay guys, just found more clips on sun and moon, but they are just mini clips and don't have to much in them
Roaming ->
Kukui's lady assistant->
The professor->
Rotom-Dex ->
hau ->
they're all in Japanese because Japan always get more stuff ( -.-)

Sorry if I made mistake,
<3 a cow

Last edited:
The areas look really good so far and looking at the region, there is more than enough room for some post-game story and events, so I'm kinda looking forward to that!

Also if you haven't take a look at the male trainers arm, there is some kind of bracelet. New method of evolution?

I'm pretty sure it's just a watch, otherwise more characters would be wearing one and I doubt it's for mega evolution, as I don't see it making sense to have it from the very start! Also, I want to see if we will get more good megas, like Slowking and Frosslass! (and Flygon too but who cares about that one?:p)

Reactions: Toxiccow
Litten because it reminds me of my favorite one liepard. The guys have really put effort into thge designs for the new stareters but the water type looks like a copy of thge samurot baby. like seriously i mean why have the same designs? why not get innovative?

I'm going for sun it's legend has great typing. As for starters I'm debating on two of them. I will either go for Rowlet or Litten. There is theory's of litten being a ground fire type in its later evolutions this gives a x4weakness to water. Rowlet is a grass flying type handy but x4 weakness to ice. I won't go for the water type it's speculated to be a water fighting type. I will most likely choose Rowlet and get a litten from the breeders.

Litten all the way. Cats ftw. <3

Though I wish its name was different. :(

I'm staying for Pokemon moon. Lunala looks very cool. And popplio looks so cute! Also hope flareon gets a boost or something to do with its fire damage or something

yup it's confirmed, for the first time... nobody picks the water type! all the past water starters were awesome... gen 7 comes around and popplio... looks stupid...
Watch popplio being the most op starter XD then you'll regret

Last edited by a moderator:
My fave is Litten, but I'm choosing Popilio as my starter.

Back